Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

why do people still believe in big foot

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#196    AREA__51

AREA__51

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

People believe in Bigfoot for the same reason they believe in aliens and ghosts. They want to think that there are still things out there that elude us. It's exciting and makes life less boring. Even I find the subjects fascinating and exciting, but in the end, I know its nonsense.

#197    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,209 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

View Postscowl, on 02 January 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

So it's not news to you.
No, it's news to me they were successful.

There are many other reasons to go camping and hiking in forests. There is lots of incredible wildlife and beautiful scenery out there. You probably won't see Bigfoot but you won't be disappointed.
And I couldn't agree with you more on that.

Posted Image

#198    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Mysteries are the best! imo

#199    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

People believe in BIgfoot because their is a great deal of anecdotal evidence for it's existence. Just like most supernatural creatures their is always someone somewhere who claims to see it. And as long as that is true people will always believe

#200    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

At any given time, there are always believers in various stages of belief.

A newbie who may eventually become a nonbeliever isn't necessarily born one.

If he has never looked into the subject, and wonders "What if? He may eventually conclude he is not a believer.

So, again, at any given time you will have believers or "wonderers" in various stages of belief.

You cannot stop those stages from continuously/simultaneously happening. Even if raised with a sound knowledge of science and critical thinking skills, I could still ask "What if?" and remain in that stage until I investigated and concluded "the creature does not exist"

Or, I could begin as a zealous believer (sighting, evidence etc) and only after a long while at that stage change my opinion.

I don't think you can ever stop the stages and that is what gathering knowledge and critical thinking skills is all about, imo.

Meaning, I personally must go through a process using the tools (knowledge, critical thinking) I have and develop along the way to reach a [final] conclusion about anything from the best tooth brush to the existence of sasquatch...

Edited by QuiteContrary, 02 January 2013 - 11:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users