Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

why do people still believe in big foot

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#61    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• We know almost how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of the number of animals living on our planet.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostJeff Albertson, on 24 December 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Where you talking about Kathy strain pictrograph resarch or John Greens pictrographs, ect?

Here is the origional question if you whant to act like a boy and not like a man by ignoring a question I am going to stop answering your thread, you are just wasting my time and will not stand by your words you have spoke.

We know almost exactly how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of how many species living on our plant.

#62    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 24 December 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Now for further giggles, here's a group of different "Bigfoot" representations from Native Cultures:

http://www.bigfootre...e=print&sid=163

While I can't say for sure what they are intended to represent they do seem rather.....uhm?........."Bigfooty" to me.

How dare you provide educational material to support your claims!

#63    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

View Postevancj, on 24 December 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

How dare you provide educational material to support your claims!

I know, and I am sorry for that, I promise not to do it again.

Edited by keninsc, 24 December 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#64    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• We know almost how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of the number of animals living on our planet.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 24 December 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Now for further giggles, here's a group of different "Bigfoot" representations from Native Cultures:

http://www.bigfootre...e=print&sid=163

While I can't say for sure what they are intended to represent they do seem rather.....uhm?........."Bigfooty" to me.
Thank you for answering the question, I NEED NOT SEE THIS UNTIL NOW ,MY APPOLOGIES.

We know almost exactly how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of how many species living on our plant.

#65    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostJeff Albertson, on 24 December 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Here is the origional question if you whant to act like a boy and not like a man by ignoring a question I am going to stop answering your thread, you are just wasting my time and will not stand by your words you have spoke.

The reason I didn't respond is because it was obvious to me that you were confused. I have now gone back and done more crap than I normally do in order to try and get you on track. If that doesn't get you there then I suggest you bother someone else, maybe they will do a better job than I can.

Edit to add:

See, that kind of the problem Jeff.

Edited by keninsc, 24 December 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#66    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,122 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ahem...  now what is it we're talking about again? Oh yeah, well I guess the moral to the story here is seeing really is believing.  :lol:

Posted Image

#67    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

here is a petroglyph I found in the Mojave desert California, not far from where Jeff lives.

I'm thinking it depicts a jack rabbit, maybe a bighorn sheep?

Attached File  petraglif 1.jpg   107.71K   1 downloads

I know it isn't bigfoot but I think it shows that without any context it can be very hard to interpenetrate ancient native american rock art.

#68    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, that's why I said that the current interpretation of the Glyphs is that of a Bigfoot, but without a true written account then it's pretty darn subjective to say the least. The glyph evanj shows could be a bunny rabbit or it could just as easily be an elk or anything in between for that matter.

#69    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostStardrive, on 24 December 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Ahem...  now what is it we're talking about again? Oh yeah, well I guess the moral to the story here is seeing really is believing.  :lol:

Honestly, I've forgotten what this was all about, obviously the original poster ran away like a big dog. :blush:

#70    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,122 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

That's cool ecj. Any idea of how old it is? Just further proves what we've been saying all along is true, it isn't really about destination, but what we learn along the way. Here's a fossil of what looks like a shoulder blade I found while out. No one I've showed it to has been able to ID it as of yet.

Attached File  DSC00444.JPG   146.17K   9 downloads

Posted Image

#71    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Exactly keninsc.

Here is one I found on one of the old shore lines of the Great Salt Lake. This one I just cant figure out. I would love to hear some opinions on what it could be.

An octopus?

An alien?

Or just a doddle?

Attached File  GSL 019.jpg   145.79K   12 downloads

#72    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,122 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I would say it looks like an eagle catching it's prey....  maybe.

Posted Image

#73    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Here is another one I found near the one above. It looks similar to some of the ones in the educational references keninsc so carelessly provided. I believe they called them devils?

Attached File  GSL 031.jpg   128.37K   10 downloads

This guy looks like he has tail feathers, and tufts on his head like a great horned owl? His right hand (left in photo) is an arrow head pointing up, his left hand is some sort of sick with an object on the end?

I did follow the direction the arrow was pointing and found a very small fresh water spring in the cliffs above. Was it intentionally showing where to find drinking water? I don't know, maybe that is what it what it was intended for.

There were many more petroglyphs near by, but they seemed to be nonsensical scribbles, an patterns. Could they be maps. Or schematics of some sort? Who knows maybe the were just abandoned mistakes.

#74    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostStardrive, on 24 December 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

That's cool ecj. Any idea of how old it is? Just further proves what we've been saying all along is true, it isn't really about destination, but what we learn along the way. Here's a fossil of what looks like a shoulder blade I found while out. No one I've showed it to has been able to ID it as of yet.

Attachment DSC00444.JPG

I have no Idea how old the bunny is stardrive.

The ones from the Great Slat Lake are probably between 10,000 to 5,000 years old I think.

That is an amazing fossil, you should have it checked out at your local university.

#75    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

In regards to pertographs any one without a known legend and myth cann't be used in a argument for the existence of a animal. Any scientific disapliene than looks at pertographs only does so when the lengend and myth are known. Any oppions on petrographs without known myths and legends are claims made in psdo-science, which all that is  oppion. Not to say that claims with legends or myths or proof or bigfoot, it shows if bigfoot is real it has a historical record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users