Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

bizarre storm

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Somethingwicked

Somethingwicked

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

I just had a very bizarre thunder storm here in my home town in Australia . there was like one huge rumble of thunder and that was all ... i will admit it was kind of creepy for me as storms where i live generally last longer . what may have caused this bizarre event... never experienced anything like this before   i should add that i have been watching the storm clouds gather all day prior to this event taking place

Edited by Somethingwicked, 23 December 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#2    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

CHUDNUTS!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I do not feel that you watching the storm clouds gather has anything to do with only hearing one rumble of thunder...lol sorry just me being a smart ****. As far as it having only one rumble of thunder has to do with the amount of lightning that was produced during the storm. It may have seemed to be bizzare that there was only one rumble of thunder but not all storm clouds will produce lightning.. and if there is no lightning there will be no thunder... that is just nature.. she always keeps you guessing

Edited by Overdueleaf, 23 December 2012 - 05:01 AM.

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#3    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,323 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

I believe you may be trying to read far too much in to a natural event. Obviously the atmospheric conditions weren't "dialed" just properly for exceeding amounts of thunder and lightening.

#4    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,796 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

I once watched an hour of thunderstorm on a cloudy hot night. There was no rain and no thunder. It consisted of a long series of lightning flashes lighting up the clouds from above or within. It was weird and spectacular.

I don't find it that unusual to hear of a thunder storm with only one enormous thunder clap - happens all the time here.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Just accept nature for what it is, unpredictable.

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,157 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

I remember as a child listening to thunderstorms at night... there'd be one big boom of thunder and the rain would start; then one other and the rain would end. Made me think of someone clapping on the rain then clapping it off. LOL

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#7    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 23 December 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

I once watched an hour of thunderstorm on a cloudy hot night. There was no rain and no thunder. It consisted of a long series of lightning flashes lighting up the clouds from above or within. It was weird and spectacular.

I don't find it that unusual to hear of a thunder storm with only one enormous thunder clap - happens all the time here.

Br Cornelius
Lightning storm

#8    A rather obscure Bassoon

A rather obscure Bassoon

Psychic Spy

• 1,871 posts

• "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."

Mark Russel

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Maybe there was enough ice crystals in the upper part of the cloud to produce enough electrical charge for one discharge.I know that even here in winter in a really bad snow storm,you will often get an Isolated clap of thunder.

" Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos. "

Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users