Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Future of mankind at stake over gay marriage

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#46    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

If I have feeling for my sheep and sheep for me, can we marry?

Edited by the L, 23 December 2012 - 03:01 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#47    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 December 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yes but age border is set by humans. Some people are not mature in 30s.
Also what about animal new research which show that animals have consciousness.

Daughter of the Nine Moon said that one of the reason for marriage can be emotions. I see that animal can have feelings. So do humans.

You're right, some people aren't mature until their 30s. The key word being some. Should we change the age of consent up for everyone for those people?

I do think animals do have a consciousness on some level and that they do have emotions. Note I've never said a person ad animal can't form a relationship, nor have I condemned it. But an animal isn't a human, they can't consent.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
We'll just keep on trying till we run out of cake
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#48    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 23 December 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

they can't consent.

I saw dogs could show with their animal pidgins many things. So as dolphins.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#49    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,144 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

The L, I am having a difficult time believing you are being serious and not being intentionally provoking.

You are equating gay marriage to bestiality?

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#50    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 December 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

I saw dogs could show with their animal pidgins many things. So as dolphins.

They can be trained to do thse things, that's not consent.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#51    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Just saying dont you see that it would open doors for many wierd, uncommon, bizzare loves? You can say what you want but being in love with dog is bizzare and pervert.
Last thing what I want to see is Zoo parade. But I can see it comes. There is room left for it, imo. One could ask for rights.

#52    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 23 December 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

The L, I am having a difficult time believing you are being serious and not being intentionally provoking.

You are equating gay marriage to bestiality?

Not at all Daughter of the Nine Moons.One of close person of me is gay and I dont have nothing against it.
Im not equating gay marriage to bestiality. But I can draw parallel between rights for love each other. You cant?

I try to set up thought experiment.
Woman realy love her dog and her dog realy love her.
Can they marry? By todays laws no. But could gay marriage be ice breaker? Could gay marriage open doors for other kinds of love?

That is point.

#53    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,127 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Really? Heavens, Joseph, the very Future of Mankind is at stake over a couple of lines in Leviticus (written with reference to the tribes of Israel in about 1000 B.C.) and one a throwaway line from Paul, a man who had a lot to say about a lot of things, mostly to complain about something or other)? If it was that crucial for the future of Mankind, don't you think that Jesus (remember him? You may want to look him up, there's a book about him) might have mentioned something about it? :rolleyes:

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#54    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

L, you are pretty far out here. Marriage between two human beings is not promoting human-animal or human-kitchen table marriage. That is a pretty weak argument against gay marriage, and quite silly at least.

But still, if somebody wants to marry his dog, why not? If the can be a legal heir, why not a partner? But will they answer with "yes, I do"? I am not so sure.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 23 December 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#55    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

View Postthe L, on 23 December 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Just saying dont you see that it would open doors for many wierd, uncommon, bizzare loves? You can say what you want but being in love with dog is bizzare and pervert.
Last thing what I want to see is Zoo parade. But I can see it comes. There is room left for it, imo. One could ask for rights.

If they want to try and get that, that's their buisness. But (and I'll bold this) that is an entirely seperate issue and should not be used as an excuse to prevent gay rights. When will people learn that simple fact?

#56    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,127 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 December 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

oh, try not to be silly.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#57    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,334 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

A dog can't give consent because they don't speak human language, neither can dolphins. Nor can they sign a contract.  The excuse someone might want to marry their dog is a sad lame excuse for discrimination. It is like saying gay and lesbians are subhuman. There was a time when  interracial marriage was illegal, because blacks were considered subhuman by many people.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#58    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,127 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 23 December 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

A dog can't give consent because they don't speak human language, neither can dolphins. Nor can they sign a contract.  The excuse someone might want to marry their dog is a sad lame excuse for discrimination. It is like saying gay and lesbians are subhuman. There was a time when  interracial marriage was illegal, because blacks were considered subhuman by many people.
I think what it really goes back to is thinking of the sole purpose of women as being in order to breed. A lot of the kind of people who get strongly worked up about this subject see any kind of sex at all as sinful, and only reluctantly condone it in order to breed. They're the kind of people who, as someone once said, are perpetually haunted by the thought that there may be someone, somewhere, having a good time. :-X

Edited by 747400, 23 December 2012 - 03:30 PM.

- Philip K. Dick.

#59    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Okay, I will repeat my question again from post 52.

Simply,
Could gay marriage open doors for other kinds of love marriages?

#60    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

This is getting ridiculous already. Let gay people get marries so they can be as miserable as the rest of us!

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users