Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’ says

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

Princess of Yang

• 2,591 posts

• "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

View: An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.” Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40. Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News. “And I was more sad when Judge [Jack] Zouhary asked him that, ‘Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?’” one mosque member who attended the hearing recalled to WNWO. “And he said, ‘No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.’” “Muslims are killing Americans and trying to blow stuff up,” Linn also reportedly told the judge. “Most Muslims are terrorists and don’t believe in Jesus Christ.” Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver. Raw Story (http://s.tt/1xuMg)

Fox News does not inform you they give you fear. They do in fact believe in Jesuse Chirst in since they think he is a prophet. This man is a total idiot.

Edited by Ryinrea, 23 December 2012 - 01:33 PM.

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Wow.... I wonder what would happen if an idiot drunk only watched MSNBC  :w00t: :santa:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

The man is an idiot yes, but this is an extreme example of what fox news actually does.

All the big news companies do this, they push people to fear certain things in favour of their agenda. Be it war, gun control or whatever.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#4    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,791 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

45 beers and got in a car and drove to a Mosque.  It is a wonder he didn't kill somebody on the way there.  I don't think 20 years is enough. You can't get Fox news in Canada, so I am told, because they have laws about lieing on the news.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 23 December 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

You can't get Fox news in Canada, so I am told, because they have laws about lieing on the news.

Hahahahaha, that's so awesome. :tu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Anyone else also think he could be trying to push blame off himself?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#7    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Outlets like Fox which dabble in hate speech need to be regulated. Same for right wing talk radio.

The power of the media is tremendous so they do have a responsibility. For a case study look up the role of the media in the Rwandan Genocide.

Edited by I believe you, 23 December 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#8    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

This for anyone who thinks that Fox is the only biased news outlet.

Ted Turner and CNN/Larry King invented this TV news Spin, as revealed by the unedited raw satellite feeds in the video above.

#9    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

The Fox News self defense saved him 20 years...hahahahah :gun:

#10    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 23 December 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

45 beers and got in a car and drove to a Mosque.  It is a wonder he didn't kill somebody on the way there.  I don't think 20 years is enough. You can't get Fox news in Canada, so I am told, because they have laws about lieing on the news.
Hahaha that is funny. This could be my mother minus the drinking. Her politics are built on fox. I kinda feel sorry for the guy if no one got hurt..., he is just a moron. Did I just call my mother a moron?..... Sorry.... how about uneducated and stuck in her okie ways.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#11    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 2,758 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

What was he doing drunk in a mosque? Does he not know this is against the rules?

#12    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,791 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

View Postodas, on 23 December 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

What was he doing drunk in a mosque? Does he not know this is against the rules?

I don't think he cared. He wasn't there to pray.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#13    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

Princess of Yang

• 2,591 posts

• "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

I don't think he cared one bit about the rules Odas, I mean he gets his news from Fox; why do you think it's called Faux news channel in the first place. I mainly watch foreign news  channels that can be found in English, since I find them more truthful than let say the American News Channels. Thought this man is a total idiot again since he believes everything on the 24/7 news is  nothing but the Truth.  RedHen, I do agree that all of the American News stations are guilty of this type of thing, but I do find foreign news much more truthful and less of that type of spin because of the fact they have laws that guide the media.

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#14    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,571 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostI believe you, on 23 December 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Outlets like Fox which dabble in hate speech need to be regulated. Same for right wing talk radio.

So those you don't agree with need their free speech regulated? Also, I never hear hate speech anyways. I have heard left wing sources does it though. One guy wants to kick Dick Cheneys heart around like a political football. NBC intentionally edited George Zimmermans 911 call to paint him as a racist and ensure racial division remains in this country. Chris Matthews always and falsly feeds into the fear speech of racial division. Another left radio host speaking of those killed by a tornado in the Bible Belt as their god sashing them into little grease spots on the asphalt. Occupy wall street was fully supported by lefties everywhere and was merely one giant violent drug induced disease fest. James Hoffa of the teamsters yelled and screamed about taking these tea party sons of b****es out and Maxine Waters said they can all go straight to hell. Nearly all the left endorsed pseudo murder charges on Mitt Romney. There are so very many provable examples of which side of politics and media holds the most hatred in their hearts. They're always wishing harm and death to Right leaning figures. Conservative radio has plenty of drama and grievances with the left but I never once heard any of them wish harm and death to anyone. Just because they don't like Obama doesn't mean their arguments are hate speech. The emotional left though let's their hate be well known.
As for the op, the guy is an idiot and so is anyone who believes his bs reasoning for his crimes. The truth is more likely that he's a drunk religious zealout trying to get off lite by passing blame on something that most of MSM will eat up and help his demented ass. Besides, in today's America the criminal is never to blame. It's always an outside influence. This really seems like something his lawyer concocted and apparently it worked since his sentence was cut in half.

Posted Image

#15    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

The less news that is watched in today's world the better off you will be. Each station has its own agenda which I remain ignorant of. I think that the stations are just a way for owners of the networks to influence the public towards the views which benefit them most. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users