Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

'Flying Rods' discovered

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 24 December 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

If your saying the OP. Yeah. But rods are not limited to that. Go read your Irish folklore if you want to hear stories about such things. Talk to a crankster. Theyll surely tell you theres rods out there. Just saying.
So the fairy lights were these rods?

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#32    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

View Postthe L, on 25 December 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

To me, I first time heard it in article I provided.

Stop visiting believers websites...... start working on the paranormal from a skeptical point of view.

Try to debunk it.... After all, most of this stuff IS PURE BUNK.

Edited by DBunker, 03 January 2013 - 10:53 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#33    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,188 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostMedium Brown, on 26 December 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

So the fairy lights were these rods?
I thought fairy lights were either marsh/swamp gas, fireflies or piezoelectricity.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#34    MysteryQra

MysteryQra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

y the video so lag? nowdays high tecnology useless? we can see a smooth bullet shoting on a video, is tat 'flying rod' fastest thn a bullet? y never caught a picture tat it is stop moving? i ned an explain.

#35    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostMysteryQra, on 16 January 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

y the video so lag? nowdays high tecnology useless? we can see a smooth bullet shoting on a video, is tat 'flying rod' fastest thn a bullet? y never caught a picture tat it is stop moving? i ned an explain.

I'd like to see one at a standstill, too.  I'd like to know what kind of bugs they are.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#36    Amerix

Amerix

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

These are aliens.  The idea that they could be bugs is ridiculous.

#37    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostAmerix, on 16 January 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

I agree. Always look for the most fantastic explanation.

If I cant figure out how something works, thats all the evidence I need that it doesnt work,... period.

No, aliens seems like the most logical explanation to the Rod photos.

Edited by Hazzard, 16 January 2013 - 11:43 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#38    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

View Postthe L, on 25 December 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

To me, I first time heard it in article I provided.

I have to admit, the first time I heard the claim I was intrigued.

Did not take me long to get peeved though ;)

They live on earth genius.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#39    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,188 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

well then they're easily duplicatable via camera shutter and bugs aliens.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#40    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Rods were empirically explained as bugs in the 1990s, do try and keep up.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#41    MrBabait

MrBabait

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

Greetings to all skeptics!

https://youtu.be/uDnQFv3Iix0

Posted Image

#42    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,113 posts

• Oops.

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

Someone was asking how long until someone took these seriously again. I said five years.
I was wrong.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#43    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

Holy hell.

:no:

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#44    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,325 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:06 AM

View PostMrBabait, on 29 January 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Greetings to all skeptics!
{spam link removed}
{huge image removed}

Mr Babait, a couple of things.

!. This thread is years old, and it contains plenty of information to explain EXACTLY what your 'rod' is, namely a brightly illuminated insect, probably a moth, passing in front of the lens.  The shape is simply an inverse silhouette of the bug and it's wings flapping, as recorded over about 1/10 to 1/60 of a second.  It's very basic stuff and quite easy to understand.  Here's a few links debunking the stupidity of 'rods'..

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Rod_(optics)

http://www.amsky.com/ufos/rods/

http://www.opendb.com/sol/seq.htm

You'll see the names Jose Escamilla and Santiago Ytturia Garza mentioned in conjunction with this topic.  Trust me, you do NOT want to be associated with those two raving idiots/scammers.

2. On your previous posts, you have posted links to your youtube channel and then disappeared, apparently disinterested in discussion, only in hits.  If that continues, you will get reported..

3. When you attach an image to your post, please reduce it to a reasonable size unless there is a good reason.

4. Using added effects on images showing 'anomalies' will tend to make genuine UM folks ignore the content (and you).  Are you after genuine responses or just channel hits?

5. Not reading or acknowledging the content of a thread you then necro-post on, gives us a very good idea of just how good your 'research' is.  In this case, completely non-existent.

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#45    Gravitorbox

Gravitorbox

Psychic Spy

• 1,577 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:47 PM

I remember being really disappointed when rods were debunked, however last year I spoke to Escamilla on FB and he told me there's still evidence they exist. He had sent me these videos.

https://www.youtube....h?v=IldNOXnWeh0

https://vimeo.com/117878383

Basically he claims that there's many situations that slow shutter speed can't account for rods, as well as in many cases they move faster than known animals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users