Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Britons started WW1 Christmas football match

trench no mans land christmas football match ww1 clement barker

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,886 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hi, monk.  
I wish I could say you’re insane, but there certainly is a little bit too much of coincidences there. And I don’t believe in coincidences.

Also, I was wondering about that 11th November at 11:11 since I heard about it... why wait for damn 11th minute of 11th hour of 11th day if you can stop the war and save lives NOW. What kind of psychopath b****** waits for his precious pretty date while people are ****en dying!?

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#17    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hi Helen of Annoy,

I might be insane ha ha! But only because of what i study, the United States didn't sign the Treaty of Versailles but made a separate peace with Germany, please read small print at top of document below:-

http://en.wikisource...ny_Peace_Treaty

In law both signed copies must be exchanged for ratification and to become valid, this happened in Berlin on 11/11/1921, it all does seem a little intentional, doesn't it!

I could go much further in explaining this awful war!

Edited by monk 56, 25 December 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#18    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

so who won the football game? :D

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#19    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,940 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

One of the soldi that took part in this just passed away within 5 or 6 years ago he was 100.
This is also my favorite story

#20    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,636 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

this story always makes me happy :)

plus soccer is the best

Edited by spartan max2, 25 December 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#21    Rhino666

Rhino666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

I want to see North and South Korea do this.

#22    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,886 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

View Postcsspwns, on 25 December 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

so who won the football game? :D

Germans, 3:2 and thus the truce was over. Kidding. The truce was over because the investors who invested in a world war certainly wouldn't have mass of cannon fodder make peace out of simple common sense and go home alive.

Posted Image

#23    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hi Helen of Annoy,

A great deal of information on W.W.1. can be found by scrolling down my link below to thread section #64 and #65, then reading into next page although staggered with other information:-

http://www.unexplain...ic=232340&st=60

The whole thread may interest you, but will take time to understand fully, the thread will continue as long as i'm alive!

#24    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 23 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Theres other examples of opposing Christian Armies not fighting on Christmas and sharing among one another.

Do tell.

#25    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,842 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 23 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Theres other examples of opposing Christian Armies not fighting on Christmas and sharing among one another.

There were a number of German attempts to repeat the 'football' truce, (Easter Sunday 1915, December 1916 and 1917),  but the British High Command cracked down harshly on any British involvement so it was never repeated in any large numbers.

As to the result of that particular match, the score was never recorded, but just outside Frehlinghien in France, a similar match in 1914between a Bn. of the Royal Welch Fusiliers and the German 371st. Inf.Bn. apparently ended with the Germans winning on penalties. (Nothing unusual there, then!)

(My files)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#26    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I love the truce story. How the common soldiers defied their masters who were safe and away from the battle. A horrible war and RIP to ALL the combatants. I agree with Helen. Why wait for 11.11.Sad

#27    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi Helen of Annoy,

With all i show, i have confined it to numerology and saint days, so far, now i need to get more complicated in showing alignments to Sirius and Alnilam, you need to know this from an accurate astronomer.....so many events have been aligned to Sirius or Alnilam at location by 3 methods, sunset, midnight or sunrise, small print at top of this link tells of 11:11.

http://en.wikisource...ny_Peace_Treaty

It will also show date that U.S. declared war on Germany as 6th April 1917, in Washington D.C., confirmation of this can be found below:-

http://www.firstworl...declaration.htm

Picture below on link, Sun rises at 16:04 Aries, circle with dot, Sirius as Sun rises is aligned to Nadir on 6th April 1917 in Washington D.C. spooky esoteric alignments!!!!!!!

http://2012forum.com...=6902&mode=view

#28    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi Helen,

lets say you might live within a degree of longitude of Rijeka, your country is small now, to live one degree either side of Rijeka by longitude, isn't giving your location away, by intent, Croatia by separation from Yugoslavia is now very small, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia

Please note from scrolling down link below to "History" involving Rijeka it means dedicated to Saint Vitus, by "Rika Svetoga Vida":-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rijeka

You say yourself that you live in Croatia, to live within a degree of longitude of your land and Rijeka means it will cover most of it, however being small doesn't mean we can't learn from you, it's a bit like England, very small, but language goes all over the world due to something i'm very insecure about involving my country, being EMPIRE, it is the same for you, and your country, but common people suffered because of Empire in your country so much, although this has nothing to do with England, however just because your country is small, it doesn't mean we shouldn't listen to your history, myths and legends....you have no idea how important they are to us yet with Gregorian Calendar Dates....

Edited by monk 56, 29 December 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#29    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hi Helen,

To separate from Serbia that has many secret societies and hot heads, is probably best for your country and democracy, hell Serbia has hurt common people in this area, too many conflicting secret societies....in the end it gets sick!

What happened in W.W.1, in this area is still happening regarding Serbia, Prime Minister Djindjic or Dindic was assassinated on 12th March 2003 in Belgrade, dark pictures that triggered W,W.1., are brought forward into 21st Century!

I show this by midnight day marker at location, Sirius is setting at location in West, it is the mark of the esoteric political assassin, graph below:-

http://2012forum.com...=3715&mode=view

http://www.novinite....s.php?id=137441

#30    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,886 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Djindjic assassination was a disaster for Serbia, in my opinion, and the official story is that it was organized crime that had him murdered.
I was wondering if it was “only” smugglers and dealers behind this, or organized crime of even more sinister nature.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users