Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

What kind of secrets the sea have?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    gionell

gionell

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• Holding a secret inside a secret can lead to confusion between them and sometimes, that's how rumors exist.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

I am recently new here in the forums and i believe in cryptids, one of the most interesthing places in the world is the sea and that's for sure.
Can you imagine finding an underwater cavern filled with undiscovered species or sunken ships with something creepy lurking inside, i always love those kind things and i will like to know what you guys think that is under the water, maybe this kind of topic have been repeated many times but it will be cool to everybody share their opinion about it because im sure there is something very unexplainable over there?
Attached File  octopus.jpg   34.69K   41 downloads

#2    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

The sea never gives up its secrets.but iam sure there are sea creatures that where never seen before.

#3    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

I think that some kind of giant reptile lurked in the Seas until the modern era  and was basically the real Leviathan. The Monongahela's crew experienced an encounter with it and even caught it before finally sinking with their "treasure" somewhere off Alaska, as if there was some devilish aura surrounding this creature. I am not an advocate of Creationism but some characteristics of this creature makes me believe it was a derived version of Mosasaur, having doubled in length since the Cretaceous ones. The Aztecs refers to it as Cipactli, a primeval sea monster said to be part fish, part crocodile and part toad and whose body is said to be composed of "coils/joints".

http://www.strangema...pcarcsshuk.html

#4    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

There could be a few other ziphiid (beaked whale) species out there, but apart from that, I don't expect anything large and dramatic.

Edited by Clobhair-cean, 24 December 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#5    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I think that if you are a writer of fiction, the sea is ample fodder for concocting just about any creature imaginable.   However when you take a good hard look at reality, the chances that our oceans are harboring some heretofore unknown species of aquatic megafauna are slanted more against it than for it.

Yes, the sea is vast and we haven't covered every square foot of it.  However just because we don't know everything about the ocean doesn't automatically create infinite possiblities.  A giant anything living in the sea would leave an ecological impact of some kind, would make a dent in the food chain, would leave some sort of evidence.  Real animals, great and small, have a knack for doing just this.  Bull-$hit crypto animals are the only animals who can get away with "existing" and never leaving a trace that they do.

Will there be future discoveries of heretofore unknown animals coming out of the ocean - certainly.  But none of them will be the likes of Megalodon, Kthulu, Krakken, etc.

#6    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I read somewhere I cant remember where that things can become enormous in the water because gravity doesnt work the same way for sea creatures, is this true?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#7    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

I think it's very likely that we will find new species in the ocean. Much of the ocean is unexplored and unknown. As for very huge sea animals...I wouldn't say it's impossible, but a bit unlikely.

That being said, the ocean is a very mystical and beautiful place with the creatures living in it equally breath-taking :)

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#8    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostThegreatsilence, on 24 December 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

I think that some kind of giant reptile lurked in the Seas until the modern era  and was basically the real Leviathan. The Monongahela's crew experienced an encounter with it and even caught it before finally sinking with their "treasure" somewhere off Alaska, as if there was some devilish aura surrounding this creature. I am not an advocate of Creationism but some characteristics of this creature makes me believe it was a derived version of Mosasaur, having doubled in length since the Cretaceous ones. The Aztecs refers to it as Cipactli, a primeval sea monster said to be part fish, part crocodile and part toad and whose body is said to be composed of "coils/joints".

http://www.strangema...pcarcsshuk.html
DEBUNKING TIME!!:
Strongsay Beast: the scientists of the 1800s though the beast was a decayed basking shark which could be true because the decaying appearance usually resemble a plesiosaur. research scientists and dna scientist tested the beasts dna and also concluded it was a basking shark but one scientist also said tat it might also be an oarfish.

Japanese Carcass: another basking shark...bummer. something about the amino acids and muscle tissue resembling blah blah blah. the japanese dude who caught the carcass also admitted it was a shark.

Giant Eel larva: it was a big eel dats all. lik how humans come out 7 lb but some have came out 20 lb

The Baby Sea Serpent: OH MY GAWD ITS A! A!!! common water snake the Coluber constrictor... bummer

Gourock Carass: turned out to be an elaborate hoax

Natal Carcass: unexplained, i cant find any info on it except from cryptid sites which are being seriously biased. also the proportions varied. the sites have varying measurements about the creature. cant find any scientific explainations and pictures were nonexistence. no pictures on google images and no pictures in the cryptid sites. my opinion is tat its probably a deformed beaked whale with a long beak or a narwhal with a soft horn cuz there have been cases when whale hunters caught narwhals but discarded the horns because they were soft

The Gambian Sea Serpent: scientists seem to agree on tat it was a deformed crocodile

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#9    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

View Postgionell, on 24 December 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

I am recently new here in the forums and i believe in cryptids, one of the most interesthing places in the world is the sea and that's for sure.
Can you imagine finding an underwater cavern filled with undiscovered species or sunken ships with something creepy lurking inside, i always love those kind things and i will like to know what you guys think that is under the water, maybe this kind of topic have been repeated many times but it will be cool to everybody share their opinion about it because im sure there is something very unexplainable over there?
Attachment octopus.jpg
now after debunking. there is still one mystery of the sea tat is intriguing me tat is not them "sea monsters" even im puzzled and i cant debunk this thing. its called...The Bloop. I CANT DEBUNK IT!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS BLOOP?! an organic sound made by an animal bigger than a blue whale and was made once and never heard again. now dat is unexplainable

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#10    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

View Postcsspwns, on 25 December 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

now after debunking. there is still one mystery of the sea tat is intriguing me tat is not them "sea monsters" even im puzzled and i cant debunk this thing. its called...The Bloop. I CANT DEBUNK IT!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS BLOOP?! an organic sound made by an animal bigger than a blue whale and was made once and never heard again. now dat is unexplainable

The Bloop is quite a mystery. In my opinion, the Bloop is a man-made or something geographical because if it did come from a living animal, I'm sure we would've heard it multiple times. Animals make noises (well most of them do) and they make them more than once. But what it really is, I do not know.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#11    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

We know more about the surface of the Moon than we do about the deepest depths of the ocean.

It has been estimated that over two-thirds of sea life has yet to be discovered.

#12    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 25 December 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

The Bloop is quite a mystery. In my opinion, the Bloop is a man-made or something geographical because if it did come from a living animal, I'm sure we would've heard it multiple times. Animals make noises (well most of them do) and they make them more than once. But what it really is, I do not know.

The Bloop is not a mystery any more. It has been identified as an icequake.

#13    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 25 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

That certainly takes the the mystery out of it and it makes sense to me

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#14    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 25 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Ah, really? Thank you for the information. It was a pretty cool mystery while it was one.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#15    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I've heard a saying "We know more about the surface of the moon than the depths of our ocean"

I'd say that there are tons of sunken cities and settlements as we as more humanoid fossils to add to the evolution evidence as well as dinosaurs and others.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users