Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New DARPA toy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

From the folks who brought you the Internet; the new LS 3 (Legged Support System) for humping infantry gear.

http://phys.org/news...our-legged.html

Video of the old girl here
http://www.youtube.c...&v=hNUeSUXOc-w#!

Edited by redhen, 25 December 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#2    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

When I was a sarge in the 13th batallion of Alpine troups we had mules to do that... they worked well and they were a lot cheaper.  Not to mention the occasional kick in the butt of officers that makes us laugh more.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,808 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

I was watching this the other day. These used to be called Big Dog and Alpha Dog, I think.

This new one is a lot better. It can follow voice commands and is a lot quieter. The old one sounded like a very old lawn mower with the blade chewing up gravel.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#4    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Now all they needeth do is dress it as a cow and put a bomb inside it.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#5    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Big Dog was cooler. It looked like something out of Metal Gear Soild.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users