Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ron Paul rips NRA plan for officers in every

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,357 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 25 December 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

I too agree with Ron Paul on this.  The proposal would certainly put us on a slippery slope.

If the official story were true, then the NRA proposal might be a reasonable thing.  After all, most schools have School Resource Officers, as they call them here in Florida, so arming them properly would not be difficult.

Columbine had an armed security officer.  How much good did it do them?

#47    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,357 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostKub4n, on 26 December 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

I just think if its good enough for obamas kids to be in sidwell where there are 11 armed guards non ss by the way , why does he not think our kids do not deserve the same treatment . O that's right we are to scared to do anything for ourselves so we let the nanny state decide . All schools are gun free zones and guess what criminals don't follow laws so giving up rights for false security is senile.The elites brainwash us into believing its better to be disarmed what good it did all over the world crime rates were lower before the all banned guns. Take in account population difference of all countries

Our children do not need that kind of security.  I mean, you know that right?

#48    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostFurthurBB, on 27 December 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Well did he have an AK47 and a bulletproof vest with 50 round magazines :yes: . Since you obviously want to be better armed than the crazies, an RPG should do the trick. For faster reloading, have magazines spread across the hallways.

#49    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,357 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

View Post747400, on 26 December 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Holy Mother of God, so keeping kids under firm discipline would need armed officers?!??!?!?!

Yeah, because you know how well people respond to be treated like criminals and children have a natural propensity for rebellion.

#50    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,357 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostMaizer, on 27 December 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Well did he have an AK47 and a bulletproof vest with 50 round magazines :yes: . Since you obviously want to be better armed than the crazies, an RPG should do the trick. For faster reloading, have magazines spread across the hallways.

You really want someone at your child's school with an RPG?

#51    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostFurthurBB, on 27 December 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

You really want someone at your child's school with an RPG?

Not me, the NRA.

#52    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,357 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostMaizer, on 27 December 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

Not me, the NRA.

Okay, you scared me there for a minute.

#53    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,988 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

In the end it did them no good at all, but that does not mean that an armed officer at Sandy Hook would have met the same fate.

Columbine, as I remember, had multiple shooters, while the official story (?) at Sandy Hook claims only one.

#54    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

In the end it did them no good at all, but that does not mean that an armed officer at Sandy Hook would have met the same fate.

Why is it that in this thread you accept that something that works may not work in all instances, but in the other thread, you argue that gun control is ineffective because it wouldnt have stopped a particular incident?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#55    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,988 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostStellar, on 27 December 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Why is it that in this thread you accept that something that works may not work in all instances, but in the other thread, you argue that gun control is ineffective because it wouldnt have stopped a particular incident?

Simply because given the record of gun control in this country, nobody has yet made a persuasive case that the next gun control law written will solve anything at all.  That is, if all efforts at 'gun control' have mostly failed, how can it be that the one yet to be written will miraculously work as intended?

Regarding the Columbine incident there are many angles that are not addressed, cannot be addressed, by our conversation here.

I am NOT a member of the NRA for several reasons, but it seems that if all school resource officers were armed, there MIGHT be a chance of preventing something like Sandy Hook.  I don't KNOW that it would, but it might.  I do not feel strongly about this particular issue, but discuss only because everybody else is.

#56    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostMaizer, on 27 December 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

Way to go to not read my post, at all. Oh wow, armed guards everywhere, you call that a plan? So arm every place where humans gather since you yourself said "you dont know who they are or when they will attack."? Your local coffee shop has a guy with a AK47?

Hit me back later when you have a plan that actually solves something.

I said police in the school would be a way to stop the killers.
You added every place under the sun, not me.
I already gave you a plan that solves something, i cant force you to actually comprehend it though.
A police officer with a gun is a bigger deterent to a killer than a sign that says "Gun Free Zone".
Now i ask, yet again...... What is your "better" plan?

#57    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 27 December 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Our children do not need that kind of security.  I mean, you know that right?

Why not?
Is my child any less important to me than his kids are to him?
Why cant his kids go to a school with a sign that simply lets would be killers know that Guns arent allowed in school?
Why should an elected official be deemed more important than those who elected him?
They serve us, or have you forgotten that?   I know they have forgotten that.

#58    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostMaizer, on 27 December 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

Not me, the NRA.

NRA said armed, YOU decided it would be an RPG.
Twist things much?

#59    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Heres a plan for those of you who are anti-gun and anti-2nd ammendment.
Stick your heads in the sand and sit quietly by until the next whacko decides to kill a bunch of kids and then jump up and scream loudly again for a couple of months while bashing ideas that are put forth and then stick your heads back in the sand.
None of you have a single idea that makes an ounce of sense and yet you belittle those who actually try to come up with a solution.
Lets ban 30 round clips, just ignore the fact that it takes less than 2 seconds to eject and reload another 10 round clip and resume shooting.
Ban Assault Rifles!  because 2 handguns being fired couldnt possibly kill the same number of people either.  right?
like it or not, the NRA is the only one to make a suggestion so far that makes any sense at all.
Its the same setup that seems to work pretty good for the Elite of this nation and their kids.
But not yours..... right?

#60    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well there you have it!
Didnt work the one time so lets just scrap the whole idea.
Disregard the fact that Columbine was the first mass shooting like this and that the guard may not have been truly prepared that something like this could really happen.
Today we know better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users