Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Down the Drain

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,811 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Everyday we wash so many different things down the drain. From our own bodies debris and waste to bleach and various types of soaps. The drain is one big chemical cocktail.

Reminiscent of the X-Files episode, "The Host", where, as a result of pouring radioactive substances down the drain, effectively creating a monster.

Now I'm not suggesting anything that impressive. But perhaps there are new species or life forms of microbes being created as a result of the huge amount and array of chemicals and debris we wash down our drains.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct forum for this topic but I'd like to hear what people think.

#2    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Sounds really interesting actually...could you imagine some of the the s**t down there though? Pun intended.

There must be some form of genetic mutations/ microbial mixing around that while not impressive, is still pretty cool. Who knows, there might be a cancer cure down there, or an AIDS vaccine.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#3    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Like I needed anymore reasons than the Blob to be afraid to sit on the toilet...

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

I wouldnt say that chemicals would spontaneously create new species of lifeforms... more likely if it DOESN'T kill whatever is rummaging about in the drains/sewers i feel it would more mutate/disfigure them then give rise to new species... with mutatations that could possibly pass on to offspring depending on what type of mutation is taking place

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#5    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Things have happened before but nothing out of the extraordinaire. Something already would of happened. Drains go back to ancient Rome. I see what you're saying, I guess it's wrong or it's disappearing.

#6    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

the chemicals would probably kill whatever is down there in the sewers

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#7    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,525 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Talk about the drain there are so many  women on birth control subtances going into the drinking water,  its making  men sterile :)

http://www.dailymail...king-water.html

Edited by docyabut2, 26 December 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,161 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

So glad I have my own well.  I can't stand the smell of some of that city water and it tastes funny.

#9    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Just wondering, why would a creature mutate/be created when coming in contact with chemicals and other such things? Never really understood that to be honest.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#10    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

The Host, good episode of The X-Files, re watching the whole series at the moment.

As for your question, I'm not too sure. I've heard a lot of mutated fish are popping up all over the Gulf of Mexico after the oil spill. http://worldtruth.tv...gulf-of-mexico/

View PostHasina, on 26 December 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

Like I needed anymore reasons than the Blob to be afraid to sit on the toilet...

I saw this video cover when I was a kid and that was enough to make me cautious every time I went. :D

Posted Image

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#11    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,913 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Our own demise by going to the bathroom...  who would have thought.

#12    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

I skimmed through the post wrong. Yeah that's true. There's been reports of strange creatures in sewers. It has nothing to do with chemicals or anything we flush.

#13    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Immortal

• 4,135 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if there were  mutations down there..

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#14    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Mutations can certainly happen by what goes down the drain. The things that would mutate, by damage caused to it's DNA I believe, the most would be bacteria since a 'beneficial' mutation could be rapidly passed on because of their reproduction rates. Look at MRSA, likely made by people not finishing their prescribed antibiotics OR the bacteria survived all of the antibacterial stuff out there. Frogs are found mutated in polluted areas and they are used as a measuring stick since they too reproduce in large numbers. If something is born mutated and it doesn't kill it off or make it sterile then it could pass the mutation along. Next thing you know, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES.

#15    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,996 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Think of the poor guys who have to wade thru this muck when a blockage occurs..yeeeeuk ! I saw a guy going down a manhole and he was dressed like a spaceman.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users