Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US deploying troops to 35 African countries

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,418 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

From the article:

The United States Army will be deploying troops to nearly three-dozen African nations in the coming year.

Soldiers based out of Fort Riley, Kansas’ 2nd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division will begin training in March 2013 in order to prepare for a project that will send troops to as many as 35 African nations, the Associated Press reports.

Citing a growing threat from extremist groups, including those with ties to al-Qaeda, the Department of Defense is hoping to install American soldiers overseas in order to prepare local troops there for any future crises as tensions escalate.

http://rt.com/usa/ne...oops-order-749/

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Since no mention of hostilities or invasion were made, I assume that these countries requested the presence.  It's just another indicator of global unrest - far too many of them these days.  And of course I could challenge you to find ONE i.e. single - story done by RT that was positive about the US - but I expect this story, as far as it goes, is accurate.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,618 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Postand then, on 26 December 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Since no mention of hostilities or invasion were made, I assume that these countries requested the presence.  It's just another indicator of global unrest - far too many of them these days.  And of course I could challenge you to find ONE i.e. single - story done by RT that was positive about the US - but I expect this story, as far as it goes, is accurate.

Where you are correct. The takeover of Northern Mali by Islamists has scared most African leaders shatless.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,418 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

This is why I usually post a story without an opinion attached.  I'm not supposing that the US is invading Africa in 2013, and as per the article these troops are being deployed to train locals how to combat the terrorist groups in the region.

Now allow me to point out, Korea and Vietnam both started out with the US sending military advisors (green barets) to train local troops, so the writing is on the wall, and if we don't start indicating to the government that we are aware of thier future intent, and oppose it then we drop the ball.  To ignore the situation until we deploy combat troops would be a major fail.  I find myself more and more against wars that we absolutely don't need to involve ourselves in and I see this as possibly one of those.

#5    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

The African leaders are so corrupt they can't even control thier own armies, cant protect their own people... This is a good thing otherwise Africa will never be safe

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,618 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostOverSword, on 26 December 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

This is why I usually post a story without an opinion attached.  I'm not supposing that the US is invading Africa in 2013, and as per the article these troops are being deployed to train locals how to combat the terrorist groups in the region.

Now allow me to point out, Korea and Vietnam both started out with the US sending military advisors (green barets) to train local troops, so the writing is on the wall, and if we don't start indicating to the government that we are aware of thier future intent, and oppose it then we drop the ball.  To ignore the situation until we deploy combat troops would be a major fail.  I find myself more and more against wars that we absolutely don't need to involve ourselves in and I see this as possibly one of those.

Africa is not a country, it is a collection of countries as large as all of South America to Arkansas. So there will hardly be an invasion of Africa. About every Nato country is sending instructors to Africa next year to help any half way honest government down there. There will be no deployment to those places where corruption is rampant.

Edited by questionmark, 26 December 2012 - 08:33 PM.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,099 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

are we there to win hearts and minds again? lol.  expect blackhawk 2-3-4.....

RESIDENT TROLL.

#8    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

source or it didnt happen

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,418 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 26 December 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Africa is not a country, it is a collection of countries as large as all of South America to Arkansas. So there will hardly be an invasion of Africa. About every Nato country is sending instructors to Africa next year to help any half way honest government down there. There will be no deployment to those places where corruption is rampant.
I'm aware Africa is not a country, which you probably know.  I was being...is ironic the word...fececious maybe?

#10    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Yeah theres French troops in the Ivory Coast and other French speaking Countries and UN troops in Kenya and Somalia

#11    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,618 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostOverSword, on 26 December 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

I'm aware Africa is not a country, which you probably know.  I was being...is ironic the word...fececious maybe?

Sorry, could not help myself...

about me

#12    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,453 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

If someone doesn't help train them Al Qaeda will run over the top of them.

#13    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,572 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

We are too broke for this sht.

Posted Image

#14    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 26 December 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

We are too broke for this sht.
Seems the only way to get a stable income in this economy is to join the military.  The entire globe is being militarized.  Our civilian police are wearing paramilitary clothing and using military gear.  The only way to tell a soldier from a cop around here is the color of their uniform.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#15    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

...from the linked article:  "

Citing a growing threat from extremist groups, including those with   ties to al-Qaeda, the Department of Defense is " ..blah blah blah

"

Earlier this month, DoD sources with insider knowledge told the Washington Post that US troops will soon be en route to the nation of Mali in order to thwart the emerging threat of Islamic extremists, including al-Qaeda   aligned insurgents."  

... HOGWASH.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users