Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Did Jesus go to Japan ?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,035 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Some believe that during the 'lost years' of his life Jesus traveled the world and spent time in Japan.

Smithsonian Magazine said:

In Shingo, the Greatest Story Ever Told is retold like this: Jesus first came to Japan at the age of 21 to study theology. This was during his so-called “lost years,” a 12-year gap unaccounted for in the New Testament.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

See the Son of Man like you've never seen him before...
Posted Image

I do like that his younger brother has a Japanese name. It's basically Japanese fan-fiction of the Bible.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Jesus didn't have a brother, this story is fake. I mean seriously it's been noted that jesus performed miracles. But when all that time he spent in japan, he did not perform not even one miracle? All a bit too much for me. Don't get me wrong I too would love to go to japan and fall inlove with a japanese girl. I mean who wouldn't? It just sounds like every mans dream just to run off to japan and be pampered by a japanese girl. That would be so nice

Posted Image

Edited by pitchp, 27 December 2012 - 03:51 PM.

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#4    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 242 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,050 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

The "missing 12-years" has always been curious to myself and many other's, of course.

Not sure what to think. There are scant, unauthenticated indications with regards to India, but I've never heard about his traveling to Japan before.

Who knows. 12-years is a long time, even on foot, or mule or whatever. Could have gone many places I suppose.

#6    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hard to say where Jesus was. I've heard or read someplace where he went to Tibet.And I've also heard mention of India.
He may very well have gone to visit the Essenes or Eygpt or out to the east. Guess we really won't know.

#7    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

No, he spent that time clearing space for traders and helping people win money in the Lottery...such is the way today.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#8    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

page one of the article is wacky enough, but page 2 is just golden. I'm so dazzled with Japanese miracles I don't know where to turn.

#9    Cherokee Wolf

Cherokee Wolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Well, according to the Bible Jesus had a brother, but I believe his name was James not Isukiri. Who is to say where Jesus traveled in those 12 years.

#10    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Depending whom you speak to in Japan ,Jesus is allegedly buried in Japan .
There are a quite a few believers ,and mythos ,surrounding this topic,locally .

Miss me?

#11    mastodon_2012

mastodon_2012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Well its more interesting than the Mormon version of events.

#12    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

View Postpitchp, on 27 December 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Jesus didn't have a brother, this story is fake. I mean seriously it's been noted that jesus performed miracles. But when all that time he spent in japan, he did not perform not even one miracle? All a bit too much for me. Don't get me wrong I too would love to go to japan and fall inlove with a japanese girl. I mean who wouldn't? It just sounds like every mans dream just to run off to japan and be pampered by a japanese girl. That would be so nice

Jesus supposedly had 4 brothers, James, Judas, Simon, and Joseph.  He also had sisters but they aren't mentioned by name in the bible.

View Postmastodon_2012, on 27 December 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Well its more interesting than the Mormon version of events.

But the Mormon version has space ships and aliens and scifi excitement!!  Wait... so does the regular Christian version... :blink:

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#13    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

He did perform a lot of miracles, pity there's no real way to know for sure who did what now.

#14    kwin

kwin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

I think it fits perfectly. C'mon, it's the greatest 'story' ever told but it's time for a face lift. He obviously could've walked there but, bor---ing. Maybe he commanded the wind to fill the sails on his ship, or better yet, commandeered 'the whale' and arrived in style. Someday, I could file this with the abundance of other supporting historical evidence.   LMAO

#15    nothingliz

nothingliz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

• if it looks like a chicken,smells like a chicken, and even taste like a chicken, don't be discouraged when you find out its a goose.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Many people have not heard of the Kaballah or do not take enough interest in it.  But what is true is that the Jewish people were as aware of the spiritual body as the Japanese, Chinese, and the Guru's of India.  If you read the bible right, you would notice similarities in the glowing of Abraham and the glowing of Buddha.  The people during the time of Jesus were definitly concerned with immortality.  Remember this, those who are in the know have the power, those who do not know are powerless.  Without the virtue to conquer such fears as Fasting for 40 days, a person can be controlled by their fears.  They won't know peace nor make the right choice, they are being compulsed by wants from spiritual hosts that are so subtle because you had grown up with this subtle enemy, you won't know they are there.  He would not have needed to travel to Japan or India or China just to learn about meditation and enlightenment and the necessity for fasting and obeying the law of the Sabbath day.  When he was spiritually aware enough he could be obedient to the word of God that he could hear, living by faith and obedience to a higher being, by walk a higher road, living by virtue and obedience and belief in the One true God.  Rather than false deities also common at the time  in many other countries such as India, China, and Japan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users