Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scottish Shellfish Reef 'Is World's Largest'

loch alsh skye reef shellfish

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,027 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

A Scottish reef that is home to more than 100 million colourful and rare shellfish could be the largest of its kind anywhere in the world.

The reef of flame shells, which covers an area more than 40 times larger than the UK's biggest shopping centre, was discovered during a survey commissioned by Marine Scotland.

It was found in Loch Alsh, a sea inlet between Skye and the Scottish mainland, which could now be given extra environmental protection.

http://news.sky.com/...-worlds-largest

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,026 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Was hoping for some nice colourful photographs. :(

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Now don't destroy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users