Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The machines have arrived..for warfare

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,164 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

I love anytthing to do with real robots..this 'story' may not be new to most, Ive kept an eye on it for some years...

But now...they are ready.. over time they will improve... faster, deadlier, thats the damned scary bit.... the technology wont go backwards...

DARPA's Robot, LS3 Can Follow Troops into Battle

For the past two weeks, in the woods of central Virginia around Fort Pickett, the Legged Squad Support System (LS3) four-legged robot has been showing off its capabilities during field testing. Working with the Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory (MCWL), researchers from DARPA’s LS3 program demonstrated new advances in the robot’s control, stability and maneuverability, including "Leader Follow" decision making, enhanced roll recovery, exact foot placement over rough terrain, the ability to maneuver in an urban environment, and verbal command capability.

pics and vids

http://www.theufochr...roops-into.html

(and soon they be silent in operation too, with weapons attached...

https://www.youtube....h?v=gOkXRXZIFxs

sleep well

Edited by seeder, 28 December 2012 - 02:28 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,164 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

and...when these little fellas who are the most advanced humanoid looking robots...  get longer battery life and weapons...wow what a scary place to live when that happens...as it will...

https://www.youtube....h?v=R8UeT9r4cmg

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,937 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'd rather have robots fighting each other than humans. Or do you believe a skynet like threat is imminent?

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

From the video I would say yes the machines are arriving.

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,638 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 28 December 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

I'd rather have robots fighting each other than humans. Or do you believe a skynet like threat is imminent?

The things will be set up to kill people I am sure.  That is the whole point of war, kill and subdue the enemy.  If you don't kill people how can you instill fear. :hmm:   I could see some nonmilitary uses for it in planetary exploration.  But nobody wants to spend money on that.  Money must be spent for new and better ways to kill. <_<

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Scientists said about 5 or 6 years ago that if we carry on with robots and ai advancements with war we could be looking at a Terminator scenario.

View PostDarkwind, on 28 December 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

The things will be set up to kill people I am sure.  That is the whole point of war, kill and subdue the enemy.  If you don't kill people how can you instill fear. :hmm:   I could see some nonmilitary uses for it in planetary exploration.  But nobody wants to spend money on that.  Money must be spent for new and better ways to kill. <_<

Exactly. Sooner we establish world peace and make a united space program that we cna put all these resources into the better.

Edited by Coffey, 28 December 2012 - 03:16 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#7    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Not sure why but that "machine" gives me the creeps.

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,164 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

just stick a human ish head on in place of the helmet and were almost getting seriously disturbed now

https://www.youtube....h?v=MaTfzYDZG8c

when these heads and a skin are stretched over ASIMO.... and bear in mind there are tonnes of projects to get the human face bit working better, just a matter of time... they already build the sexbot.. yes a realistic female robot for... perverts

Im thinking of getting one actually!

Google it!

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,164 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I think the point is whoever developes the technology fastet wont send its men in,  therefore a less tech army will be destroyed, and few if any humans hurt

#10    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 3,028 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

The machines have arrived

The thread-title made me think of the bodeful opening narration of Mutant Chronicles >>

“At the end of the Ice Age, the machine came. It came from outside. It came from space. It came with one purpose: to change man into mutant.”

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#11    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,172 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

If our soldiers are robots where is the need for peace.

#12    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Robots will fight each other just long enough to realize that they could rule the world by working together against us.
What kind of idiotic species keeps tempting fate by producing products that can easily lead to their own extinction?
We do!!!!!   We're that special kind of stupid.

#13    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,164 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

DARPA's 'Cheetah" Breaks Speed Records

Imagine this bad boy when its got artificial skin and head

#14    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,164 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Advanced Humanoid Roboy to be ‘Born’ in Nine Months

oh no its getting crepier

" Meet Roboy, “one of the most advanced humanoid robots,” say researchers at the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory of the University of Zurich.

Their 15 project partners and over 40 engineers and scientists are constructing Roboy as a tendon-driven robot modeled on human beings (robots usually have their motors in their joints, giving them that “robot” break-dance look), so it will move almost as elegantly as a human.

Roboy will be a “service robot,” meaning it will execute services independently for the convenience of human beings, as in the movie Robot & Frank.

more:

http://consciouslife...months/1146423/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users