Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Advertising links in the status messages?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,844 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

What are these ads for? Are they for something reputable, or something fishy? Does it say where the ads come from (e.g. google Ads) or anything?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#32    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,064 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

They were very generic ads, neither fishy nor reputable.

But as of last night, whatever it was is gone. Go figure.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#33    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

I run Trend micro and I have no probs anywhere I visit. If it thinks a site is fishy it tells me. I always take its advise. It's not that expensive and gives you piece of mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users