Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Let the Taxes Rise!


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,971 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

http://www.washingto...147f_story.html

Enjoy :)

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,625 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

I would say, why not? Except that in the next turn of House elections the Republicans will get a bigger black eye than this time...

But if they can't get their act together they deserve it.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Good article,but i think deep down Obama wants to go over the Cliff,pass the Buck on to the GOP and keep most of the resulting Tax rises in place.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#4    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,971 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 28 December 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Good article,but i think deep down Obama wants to go over the Cliff,pass the Buck on to the GOP and keep most of the resulting Tax rises in place.
Oh, I agree.....  but I took from the article that if the people of the US have voted in majority for expanded spending then everyone should shoulder some of the burden.  It's the only way it would/could ever really work - not that I think it will - but if the people have spoken then so be it.  As to the repubs taking the blame - really?  They haven't asked for the rises.  They've fought them hammer and tongs.  But I think at worst we'd get the full monty for 2 years - an all dem steamroller.  Then let the people decide what they want.  It probably won't be so attractive once their pockets are the one's being picked.  And Boehner needs to go of course.  What a waste of carbon.  He's like a slinky - not much good - but fun to push down the stairs :)

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,625 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 28 December 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Good article,but i think deep down Obama wants to go over the Cliff,pass the Buck on to the GOP and keep most of the resulting Tax rises in place.

Obama got nothing to loose anymore, he can't be reelected. If somebody hopes to go over the cliff and then in January find a solution that excludes those making over 200,000 it is those who pledged never to raise taxes, they did not (or so they will say).

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View Postand then, on 28 December 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Oh, I agree.....  but I took from the article that if the people of the US have voted in majority for expanded spending then everyone should shoulder some of the burden.  It's the only way it would/could ever really work - not that I think it will - but if the people have spoken then so be it.  As to the repubs taking the blame - really?  They haven't asked for the rises.  They've fought them hammer and tongs.  But I think at worst we'd get the full monty for 2 years - an all dem steamroller.  Then let the people decide what they want.  It probably won't be so attractive once their pockets are the one's being picked.  And Boehner needs to go of course.  What a waste of carbon.  He's like a slinky - not much good - but fun to push down the stairs :)
Even though Bush overspent,the Democrats continued to the extent that Tax Hikes now as a short term fix would be ineffective and would need to be a long term fixture to even make a dent in the US Deficit.The US isn't in good shape and reduction in defence spending comes at a time when China and Russia are spending more than ever on Next generation fighters.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#7    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,971 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 28 December 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Obama got nothing to loose anymore, he can't be reelected. If somebody hopes to go over the cliff and then in January find a solution that excludes those making over 200,000 it is those who pledged never to raise taxes, they did not (or so they will say).
That's a given.  They lost the election and now the hammer will fall.  But we both know it amounts to next to nothing in real revenue.  The REAL money will come from those who can afford it the least - as usual.  So if the people of the US want this style of government then let them pay for it.  Oby has nothing to lose but his party has quite a lot to lose - in time.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I could care less if we go over the fiscal cliff. In fact I hope government gets a good dose of needing to spend there money frugally. Just like the average american.


#9    acidhead

acidhead

    Were Not Your Slaves!

  • Member
  • 10,570 posts
  • Joined:13 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Victoria, BC CANADA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

I predict that the fiscal cliff will be bailed out by the Fed.  There very well may be some sort of compromise or there may not but what will happen is the Fed will continue to print America into prosperity..... lol

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#10    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,642 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Only a few more days to go before everyone`s taxes may go up. I don`nt think the President cares, just more revenue to pay for the Obama health care program, not the debt :) He will just blame the republicans.It also odd that Hillary has disapeared after her so called fall, will the Benghazi hearings ever come about to the truth what really happen in that cover up.?)


#11    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,971 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 29 December 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Only a few more days to go before everyone`s taxes may go up. I don`nt think the President cares, just more revenue to pay for the Obama health care program, not the debt :) He will just blame the republicans.It also odd that Hillary has disapeared after her so called fall, will the Benghazi hearings ever come about to the truth what really happen in that cover up.?)
If the questions keep coming long enough - yes.  But Obama has an ability to create his own reality it seems.  If he ignores a problem then it doesn't exist so far as the media is concerned.  The MSM should be indicted as co conspirators in his impeachment....but that is another thread....

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#12    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

View Postand then, on 29 December 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

If the questions keep coming long enough - yes.  But Obama has an ability to create his own reality it seems.  If he ignores a problem then it doesn't exist so far as the media is concerned.  The MSM should be indicted as co conspirators in his impeachment....but that is another thread....
The reality is,that Obama can keep overspending because it will be the Next Generation who will be paying for it.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#13    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,971 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 30 December 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

The reality is,that Obama can keep overspending because it will be the Next Generation who will be paying for it.
That's the idea Shadow - but it's almost out of time now.  16 trillion dollars can't be repaid by anyone.  The myth of the Fed's magic money is about to crash.  The numbers are just too incredible to be believable any longer.  The real question is what will replace the current system.   But until then I say let the reality be felt by everyone sooner rather than later.  The quicker we face it the sooner we adjust and move beyond it, hopefully.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#14    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

We will have to wait and see,my money is on the big crash.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#15    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,758 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Thank you obma, congress and the house. Just what i wanted less money in my pocket :)

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users