Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Deathbed maths theory dream proved correct

srinivasa ramanujan

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,914 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Researchers have finally solved the cryptic deathbed puzzle renowned Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan claimed came to him in dreams.

While on his death-bed in 1920, Ramanujan wrote a letter to his mentor, English mathematician G. H. Hardy, outlining several new mathematical functions never before heard of, along with a hunch about how they worked,

Decades years later, researchers say they've proved he was right - and that the formula could explain the behaviour of black holes.

http://www.dailymail...years-died.html

Posted Image

#2    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

I heard about this a few years ago. Makes you wonder about the spiritual world and it's ability to influence ours.

#3    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostBlueogre2, on 28 December 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

I heard about this a few years ago. Makes you wonder about the spiritual world and it's ability to influence ours.
He thought it came from a goddess, but it came from his own mind. Humans are capable of a lot without any need for spiritual explanations!

Posted Image

#4    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 28 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

He thought it came from a goddess, but it came from his own mind. Humans are capable of a lot without any need for spiritual explanations!

Indeed. It had probably been rolling around his subconscious for years.

#5    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 28 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Humans are capable of a lot without any need for spiritual explanations!

Yet completely shunning the possibility of spiritual influence can also be considered to have just as much folly.

I can't tell you how many strange things can happen during the final hours of life. My own grandfather who was nearly deaf for decades could easily hear and and respond to whispering discussions made on the other side of the house in the other room. Discussions that would be impossible for a normal person's hearing to detect. Even Anton Lavey, the founder of of the church of Satan fought vigorously in his last few hours shouting "Something's wrong, what have I done?" and many other incidences on death beds.

I'm not saying this Indian mathemetician was spiritually influenced, I'm saying to instantly deny the possibility of it is wrong.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#6    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 01 January 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Yet completely shunning the possibility of spiritual influence can also be considered to have just as much folly.

I can't tell you how many strange things can happen during the final hours of life. My own grandfather who was nearly deaf for decades could easily hear and and respond to whispering discussions made on the other side of the house in the other room. Discussions that would be impossible for a normal person's hearing to detect. Even Anton Lavey, the founder of of the church of Satan fought vigorously in his last few hours shouting "Something's wrong, what have I done?" and many other incidences on death beds.

I'm not saying this Indian mathemetician was spiritually influenced, I'm saying to instantly deny the possibility of it is wrong.
I would have to respectfully disagree, 90% of spiritual encounters are just natural events misunderstood, so if he feels its okay to dismiss the last 10% then I can't blame him. That event with your grandfather was amazing through, and brings up several questions about the nature of death. As for Levey I find it unlikely that he had any real regrets seeing as how he was a devout atheist

#7    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 01 January 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Even Anton Lavey, the founder of of the church of Satan fought vigorously in his last few hours shouting "Something's wrong, what have I done?" and many other incidences on death beds.

Because angels came to him ;-)

Nah im open to the spiritual world, I belive there are more in this world than we can imagine. But thats my opinion, and there is one way to find out, but im in no hurry. :tu:

Finally got my black belt....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users