Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sucuriju Gigante

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    SubjectDigamma

SubjectDigamma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Ok I just heard bout this from a freand a giant snake Plez

#2    SubjectDigamma

SubjectDigamma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

In 1925, Father Victor Heinz saw one of these snakes, most likely the anaconda, while on the Rio Negro of the Amazon River. He said that the visible portion was at least 80 feet long and the body was as thick as an oil drum. It was throwing up a wake as large as a river.

Bernard Huevelmans, the father of Cryptozoology, records an encounter of an anaconda with a group of Frenchmen and Brazilians.
"We saw the snake asleep in a large patch of grass. We immediately opened fire upon it. It tried to make off all in convulsions but we caught up with it and finished it off. Only then did we realize how enormous it was, when we walked around the whole length of its body it seemed like it would never end. What struck me was its enormous head, a triangle about 24 inches by 20. We had no instruments to measure the beast, but we took an arms length of string and measured it about one meter by placing it on a man's shoulder and extending it to his fingertips. We measured the snake several times and each time we got a length of 25 strings. The creature was well over 23 meters (75 feet) long."

#3    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

These reported snakes are said to be 4x the size of the longest snakes on record (anacoda and python both at about 22 ft).. i find the claims hard to believe... not even a photo of these snakes would have me believing .. as photos are too easily faked...wondered what happened to the body of the supposed snake.. to bad science didnt get ahold of the speciman

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#4    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostSubjectDigamma, on 29 December 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

In 1925, Father Victor Heinz saw one of these snakes, most likely the anaconda, while on the Rio Negro of the Amazon River. He said that the visible portion was at least 80 feet long and the body was as thick as an oil drum. It was throwing up a wake as large as a river.

Bernard Huevelmans, the father of Cryptozoology, records an encounter of an anaconda with a group of Frenchmen and Brazilians.
"We saw the snake asleep in a large patch of grass. We immediately opened fire upon it. It tried to make off all in convulsions but we caught up with it and finished it off. Only then did we realize how enormous it was, when we walked around the whole length of its body it seemed like it would never end. What struck me was its enormous head, a triangle about 24 inches by 20. We had no instruments to measure the beast, but we took an arms length of string and measured it about one meter by placing it on a man's shoulder and extending it to his fingertips. We measured the snake several times and each time we got a length of 25 strings. The creature was well over 23 meters (75 feet) long."
Very interesting stuff! I keep an open mind on this one.

P.S. The triangular head fits with the The Hook Island Monster

Edited by Rewlahool, 29 December 2012 - 10:24 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#5    SubjectDigamma

SubjectDigamma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

The Diario, the newspaper of Pernambuco in Brazil, of January 24, 1948 published a picture with a headline 'Anaconda Weighing 5 Tons.' The picture shows a part of a giant anaconda that was caught by band of Indian half breeds. It was engaged in a siesta near a river with a bull half swallowed. The Indians tied a rope to its neck and tied the other end to a tree. The anaconda measured 131 feet long. Four months later the newspaper of Rio called A Noite Illustrada held a photograph of an anaconda slaughtered by Militia. It's length totaled 115 feet. Herpetologists accept neither photographs as good evidence for the larger than normal anaconda, which they accept a length of 35 feet. Unfortunately the first photograph offers almost nothing for scale except a hut in the background so it is easily dismissed as 'a normal sized anaconda ingesting nothing more than a capybara which is native to the area'. Then much more limpid evidence was produced in 1959.

Colonel Rene van Lierde was piloting his helicopter over the Katanga province of the Belgian Congo. Suddenly a gigantic snake reared up as if to attack his helicopter. He lifted up and took several photos of the snake and continued his journey. His estimate of the size of the snake was about 40-50 feet, and that is the same estimation made by zoologists who later examined the photo. Even still, the largest scientifically measured snake was a 32 foot long reticulated python killed in Indonesia as the world's longest snake. Until one of these magnificent creatures is brought in, dead or alive, the Sucuriju will always be known as a cryptid.

#6    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostSubjectDigamma, on 29 December 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

The Diario, the newspaper of Pernambuco in Brazil, of January 24, 1948 published a picture with a headline 'Anaconda Weighing 5 Tons.' The picture shows a part of a giant anaconda that was caught by band of Indian half breeds. It was engaged in a siesta near a river with a bull half swallowed. The Indians tied a rope to its neck and tied the other end to a tree. The anaconda measured 131 feet long. Four months later the newspaper of Rio called A Noite Illustrada held a photograph of an anaconda slaughtered by Militia. It's length totaled 115 feet. Herpetologists accept neither photographs as good evidence for the larger than normal anaconda, which they accept a length of 35 feet. Unfortunately the first photograph offers almost nothing for scale except a hut in the background so it is easily dismissed as 'a normal sized anaconda ingesting nothing more than a capybara which is native to the area'. Then much more limpid evidence was produced in 1959.

Colonel Rene van Lierde was piloting his helicopter over the Katanga province of the Belgian Congo. Suddenly a gigantic snake reared up as if to attack his helicopter. He lifted up and took several photos of the snake and continued his journey. His estimate of the size of the snake was about 40-50 feet, and that is the same estimation made by zoologists who later examined the photo. Even still, the largest scientifically measured snake was a 32 foot long reticulated python killed in Indonesia as the world's longest snake. Until one of these magnificent creatures is brought in, dead or alive, the Sucuriju will always be known as a cryptid.
Any links to these early photos at all??

Edited by Rewlahool, 03 January 2013 - 10:55 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#7    Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Out of all the "legendary" creatures out there, I see the OMGWTF giant reptiles as being on the upper scale of possible to exist. Cause lets face it. They are seen in a location that COULD both hide them, and support them. Also, it can also be that they are just normal creatures that are on the upper side of size for their species (though having them be on the order of 4 times bigger is a bit on the hard side to believe it's possible). And it's not like even being that big is a fluke, there has been snakes that were even bigger than these ones in the past.

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,740 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

The problem I have with these 100+ foot long snakes is that they probably would not be able to leave the water, as their bodies would not support their weight. Much like a whale that is trapped on a beach.

Since we live in 3 dimensions, a 100 foot snake is not 3 or 4 times as big as a 33 foot snake. It is actual 27 times as big. (three cubed). So if a 33 foot snake weighted a ton, a 100 foot snake would weight like 30 tons.

I just think that if such monsters existed we'd see snakes of intermediate size.....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

I believe that it's possible a very large snake could exist, similar to how some humans can become much larger than normal due to some chemical imbalance or something like that. Of course, snakes that are 100ft long will be less possible. Due to its immense size, I imagine its life would be very hard. It would have trouble living in spaces suited for its smaller snake cousins, it would need to eat a whole lot more, breeding would either be extremely hard or impossible, and something that size would be easy to track or notice.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#10    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Didnt they catch a Massive crocodile in the philipines a while ago, So I believe there could be a snake that big but why would you wanna kill it that seems stupid in my opinion.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#11    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

A 100ft snake that would be something to see at a distance. I think anything is posible on the Amazon river. Lot of places to hid.

#12    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

I would say their maximum size is around 40 feet. Compared to other snakes, anaconda are thicker and heavier, so they don't need to grow to humongous length to overpower their preys.

#13    sewampi

sewampi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Posted Image

#14    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postsewampi, on 20 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Posted Image
Could be 2 feet or 200 ft....no scale as stated.

#15    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,269 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostThegreatsilence, on 18 March 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

I would say their maximum size is around 40 feet. Compared to other snakes, anaconda are thicker and heavier, so they don't need to grow to humongous length to overpower their preys.
They can grow long when young

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users