Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Boy charged for posting fight video

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,715 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

A 13-year-old boy from Mississauga, Ont., has been charged with mischief after posting a video of two girls fighting on his Facebook page.
Police said the boy was charged because one of the girls in the video was being cyberbullied....
...But the Mississauga boy's mother told CBC News on Friday that her son is now being bullied by police and the local school board....Two days later he was called to the principal's office where he says he was arrested, handcuffed and put in a police cruiser....His mother believes police and the school went too far.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...een-arrest.html

OK, the kid had to know this was unacceptable.  The girl was being bullied already and he not only watched the fight, but filmed it and posted it.  There have been too many deaths (suicides) in regards to bullting and parents need to take responsibilty and watch what their children are doing.  IMO, this kid got taught a lesson and he deserves it.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#2    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,846 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

What a dumb kid..

#3    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,448 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 29 December 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...een-arrest.html

OK, the kid had to know this was unacceptable.  The girl was being bullied already and he not only watched the fight, but filmed it and posted it.  There have been too many deaths (suicides) in regards to bullting and parents need to take responsibilty and watch what their children are doing.  IMO, this kid got taught a lesson and he deserves it.

As a parent, let me tell you that there is only so much a parent can do, raising a child, teenager, adult.

Humans are violent, some more than others.  They televise it, and it's probably been on UTube long before this.

It's revolting behavior as far as I'm concerned.  Did not watch the video, but I doubt anybody was being forced to do anything.

#4    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,955 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

The kid probably knew better than to just stand there and record it, then post it. I think the hauling him off to jail a bit of an overkill.

But I kind of have to wonder what happened to the kids involved in the fight itself? The article does not say.

#5    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,003 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

what the kid did was wrong, and ok if they're going to arrest him for it so be it, but what a bunch of grandstanding to do it at the school
they could have just gone to his home and done it but they have to make a show of it,
that's equally stupid.
if they thought it would teach the other kids not to do such things they are pretty naive

#6    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,715 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 29 December 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

As a parent, let me tell you that there is only so much a parent can do, raising a child, teenager, adult.

Humans are violent, some more than others.  They televise it, and it's probably been on UTube long before this.

It's revolting behavior as far as I'm concerned.  Did not watch the video, but I doubt anybody was being forced to do anything.
As a parent, let me tell you that there is much more to do than to play the I didn't know card.  My daughter has a Youtube and Facebook account-I make her sign in regularly and check what is being posted and what she is looking at.

And I teach my daughter right from wrong.  If she EVER not only posted something like this, but filmed it?  Oh, she would be in SSOOO much trouble.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#7    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,003 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

i am so grateful that there was no internet when my children were growing up. i really watch the grandkids when they're online. none of them are allowed on youtube evvrrrrrr.
they have their favorite list of game sites and that's all they are allowed to go on. if they want to research something an adult has to be with them before they google.
mind you they are 7, 9, and 11. still, there is nothing they need to be going to youtube for in my opinion

#8    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,209 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Was it a random fight he just recorded and posted or was it a targeted attack so he could record it and use it to bully someone. That would make all the difference in this case.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 29 December 2012 - 11:05 PM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#9    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,849 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

How is recording a fight and posting it considered mischief? Sure it was a dumb thing to do, but I hardly see how he broke any laws? Was the girl who started the fight arrested? The one who actualy commited a crime. This kid needs to get a lawyer and sue the police for false arrest.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#10    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,003 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 29 December 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

Was it a random fight he just recorded and posted or was it a targeted attack so he could record it and use it to bully someone. That would make all the difference in this case.
i sort of got the impression she was already being bullied and he fueled it with the video. could be wrong

#11    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,675 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostJGirl, on 30 December 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

i sort of got the impression she was already being bullied and he fueled it with the video. could be wrong

I would assume that is what is going on.

Regardless, this stupid bullying needs to stop. It's not like it was when I was in school and at least you only had to deal with it there. Now with sh!tbook and tweeter, and all those other sites around, it's become 24 hour bullying for some of these kids.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#12    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,003 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 29 December 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

How is recording a fight and posting it considered mischief? Sure it was a dumb thing to do, but I hardly see how he broke any laws? Was the girl who started the fight arrested? The one who actualy commited a crime. This kid needs to get a lawyer and sue the police for false arrest.
i'm not sure what law he may have broken, it does seem excessive though.
what i find odd is that this sort of action is taken with this kid, yet countless women report stalkers over and over and get told there is nothing they can do for them if the person is not directly threatening them.

#13    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,003 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 30 December 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

I would assume that is what is going on.

Regardless, this stupid bullying needs to stop. It's not like it was when I was in school and at least you only had to deal with it there. Now with sh!tbook and tweeter, and all those other sites around, it's become 24 hour bullying for some of these kids.
yet they still go there and read the crap. i don't get it

#14    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,675 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

View PostJGirl, on 30 December 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

yet they still go there and read the crap. i don't get it

Well, kids today are stupid.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#15    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,003 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 30 December 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Well, kids today are stupid.
my guess is that they don't know how to be kids. the way things go in this generation it seems they never get a chance to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users