Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What about this, Nazca line like no other?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Posted Image

While the Nazca Lines are interesting, I never got a sense of real curiosity until I saw this image.  Sure, the pictographs of animals can be explained away, but this one is not like the others.  It is not some people scrapping the ground away to make an image of a familiar animal, this is precision work and unlike what I have seen from photos of other Nazca Lines.  Does anyone have an opinion or information about this image?  Is it hoax?

#2    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Psychic Spy

• 1,123 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

I have seen numerous compliations/series of pictures of the Nazca Lines... this image is one that i have NEVER seen. You would think that with its more geometric centered theme that this one above all the animal pictographs would grab the most attention. My inclination is to say that seeing how this is the first time hearing/seeing this glyph that i call it out as not being one of the nazca lines.... it might not necessarly be a hoax though as it could very well be real.. just not a Nazca Line

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#3    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala

Maṇḍala (मण्डल) is a Sanskrit word meaning "circle." Mandalas have spiritual and ritual significance in Hinduism and Buddhism.[1][2]
The term is of Hindu origin. It appears in the Rig Veda as the name of the sections of the work, but is also used in other Indian religions, particularly Buddhism.
The basic form of most Hindu and Buddhist mandalas is a square with four gates containing a circle with a center point. Each gate is in the shape of a T

Posted Image

clearly a representation of the universe

Edited by granpa, 30 December 2012 - 12:33 AM.

I have cooked you a meal, cut it into little pieces, and set it before you  but I'm not going to chew it for you
And no one is forcing you to eat it. If you dont want it then dont eat it.

I am not a big believer in science by combat.
Arguing doesn't establish who is right. Arguing only establishes who is the better arguer.

#4    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostOverdueleaf, on 30 December 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

I have seen numerous compliations/series of pictures of the Nazca Lines... this image is one that i have NEVER seen. You would think that with its more geometric centered theme that this one above all the animal pictographs would grab the most attention. My inclination is to say that seeing how this is the first time hearing/seeing this glyph that i call it out as not being one of the nazca lines.... it might not necessarly be a hoax though as it could very well be real.. just not a Nazca Line
I'm like you, I have seen many pictures of the Nazca Lines and when I came accross this one, it is like, Hello? what is going on here. If it is not a hoax, I just can't fit it in with the other Nazca Lines.

Posted Image

Edited by Razer, 30 December 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#5    AREA__51

AREA__51

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Not quite sure what a Hindu Mandala would have to do with the nazca lines. Could be a hoax, could be some weird sort of irrigation channel system. Could just be some interpretation of their beliefs. One thing it is not though, is runways for aliens.

#6    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,199 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

There are so many hoaxs, but as the ancient child drew lines in the stars representing figures of myths, so they also drew lines and figures on the lands. :) migration symbols

Edited by docyabut2, 30 December 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#7    Karyotype

Karyotype

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

• No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostAREA__51, on 30 December 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

Not quite sure what a Hindu Mandala would have to do with the nazca lines. Could be a hoax, could be some weird sort of irrigation channel system. Could just be some interpretation of their beliefs. One thing it is not though, is runways for aliens.
you are assuming the alliens don't have a need for circular runways!

"Democracy is two wolves deciding what to eat for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
-Thomas Jefferson-

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostAREA__51, on 30 December 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

The image looks like a rough outline ,of a mandala ,or yantra .

It's so rough,hard to say for sure ,but I see what they mean

Miss me?

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,710 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

It almost looks like some of the crop circles designs to me.  Do you have links for the source of this picture?

#10    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,059 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostHilander, on 30 December 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

It almost looks like some of the crop circles designs to me.  Do you have links for the source of this picture?
I found it using google earth at the coordinates shown in one of the posted pics.

It's the "Calendario Nazca."  Nazca calendar.

Of course, nobody knows if it's really a calendar.

It's a bit north of the usual Nazca suspects.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#11    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,982 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

Hey all, I used tineye, and had 5 links with the picture.

The picture is from Google earth..( all of them ).....Someone with more time ( and interest ) can research this more.....

http://www.tineye.co...94efdcaf23f64e/

Edited by Sakari, 30 December 2012 - 03:11 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#12    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

It's the Chakana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakana

Chakana at Pisac

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 30 December 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,180 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

It looks like a stylised hand flipping the bird.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#14    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 30 December 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

It's the Chakana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakana

Chakana at Pisac

Posted Image

The Andean Cross
by Dr. Cynthia Bellacero

Today I was contemplating the Andean Cross.  In the Quechua language  this cross is called Chakana. It’s name comes from the Quechua word “Chakay” meaning to cross or bridge.

Incan life and society was based upon prinicples of belief and behavior that is symbolized by the Chakana.  The chakana still holds meaning to modern day Andean culture.  Art and jewlery made by Incan descendants often depict the Chakana.  In fact, I purchased a lovely silver Chakana pendant while I was in Cusco.

The Chakana is a 3-stepped cross symbolizing the 3 tiers of Inca life:

* Hanan Pacha: the upper world of the stars, celestial beings and gods (It’s animal totem is the condor)
* Kay Pacha: the middle world of Mother Earth and human life (represented by the puma)
* Uqhu Pacha: the lower world of the underworld and death ( represented by the serpent)

The circle in the center denotes Cusco, the navel of the Inca Empire.  Cusco, from the Quechua word “Qosqo” means origin, navel, belly button.  The entire Incan universe is thought to have radiated out from this central point of the Inca kingdom.  This is where the “Sapa Inca” or ruler resided with his court.

The 4 cross arms depict the 4 cardinal directions (north, south, east, & west) and the 4 classical elements (earth, air, water, & fire).  They also represent the 4 rules Andean people live by: work, love, knowledge, and sharing.

Some depictions of the Chakana have a triangle around the hole in its center.  The 2 bottom points at the base of the triangle represent duality, such as man:woman, good:evil, and dark:light.  The peak of the triangle represents balance.

The whole symbol also represents the 12 months of the celestial year.  Many buildings, temples, and religious sanctuaries have chakana iconography.

http://cynthiabellac...e-andean-cross/

#15    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Here is a better/closer photo if anyone is interested

Posted Image

This photo comes from this page

http://www.geschicht...rkierungen.html

Here is another from the same page.  It looks like there are at least three geomtric glyphs, one to the left of the main one and one down and to the right.

Posted Image

Edited by Razer, 30 December 2012 - 04:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users