Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What about this, Nazca line like no other?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,761 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 09 February 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Heres an interesting video on the whole put together Nazca lines starting off the dragon from space.

I'm not sure if it was the CGI ladys, or the dragon that convinced me this video was telling the Truth....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#47    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 10 February 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Yeah .... the wheels of karma ... don't take the misconception of "serpent" means bad too seriously, they like to sell that to kick up the consumer index numbers.
In the asian zodiac numbers the serpent is nothing calamitous, depends on which side of the heavenly guardian you're sidled up to, it's also known as "little dragon"

the nazca lines are misunderstood by both sides of the argument methinks, for one it's too impossible because it is so to them, for the other it's not improbable because it's too simple,

I just think it's a great and pioneering achievement of the human race, in science and engineering however one wants to define "science and engineering"
whatever the reasons or purpose of the lines are just a pursuit of futility, I believe they don't even know conclusively who the ones that made the lines are or were.

~edit~
p/s
I shaved me head too on me b'day, so I'm also as bald as I am bearded but I'm as far from a Lenin look as batman is to the joker
ahem ... that is to say I look better
kodak that ol'boy
[snicker, chortle and guffaw]

Both Johan Reinhard and Maria Reiche had very credible theories about the how and why of the Nazca lines. JR said it all had to do with rituals concerning fertility, water, and the mountain gods. According to Reiche it also had to do with solstices and equinoxes: a calendar in short. JR was present when (I think it was) the Mapuche in Chile constructed one in the Andes mountains.

And the Chatana this thread started with had to do with the Southern Cross (and it was used as a calendar), a very important constellation for the Incas, and most probably also for the people they conquered (and probably adopted it from).

#48    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 February 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Both Johan Reinhard and Maria Reiche had very credible theories about the how and why of the Nazca lines. JR said it all had to do with rituals concerning fertility, water, and the mountain gods. According to Reiche it also had to do with solstices and equinoxes: a calendar in short. JR was present when (I think it was) the Mapuche in Chile constructed one in the Andes mountains.

And the Chatana this thread started with had to do with the Southern Cross (and it was used as a calendar), a very important constellation for the Incas, and most probably also for the people they conquered (and probably adopted it from).

Found my post http://www.unexplain...dpost&p=4290849 and links to some of the theories relating to the points you raised, I think the belief now more than ever is all if not most of these "mysterious" landmarks, temples and sites are related. If one can get over that "new world" obstacle in thought then it's not really that mysterious, a thousand years two or three millennium ago is very very different to a thousand years to us. I know you know well what I mean by that.

~cheerios~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#49    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

I'm not sure if it was the CGI ladys, or the dragon that convinced me this video was telling the Truth....

I wasnt sure about the blue lines myself. If they were Nazca lines or some other throw in artisitic value prop.

#50    H132

H132

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

• The reason you don't know the truth is because you don't want to know. And trust me; You really don't want to know.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostRazer, on 29 December 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

While the Nazca Lines are interesting, I never got a sense of real curiosity until I saw this image.  Sure, the pictographs of animals can be explained away, but this one is not like the others.  It is not some people scrapping the ground away to make an image of a familiar animal, this is precision work and unlike what I have seen from photos of other Nazca Lines.  Does anyone have an opinion or information about this image?  Is it hoax?

It's the zodiac:
This particular configuration has been researched and appears on the following page....
http://www.world-mys...com/mpl_1_2.htm

just scroll a little over half way down the page.

Posted Image

#51    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

http://www.world-mys...1_2.htm#Gilbert

I have cooked you a meal, cut it into little pieces, and set it before you  but I'm not going to chew it for you
And no one is forcing you to eat it. If you dont want it then dont eat it.

I am not a big believer in science by combat.
Arguing doesn't establish who is right. Arguing only establishes who is the better arguer.

#52    poppet

poppet

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

i lost interest in the Nazca lines when observing a observation tower while flying over them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

here is the tower on the ground.

Posted Image

and this is what you see when you get up there ................my take on it is that some egomaniac took to many hallucinogen's stood on his platform and directed his minions to draw him a pretty picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users