Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scratches in the night?

Littleitaly8997

I've read several similar stories but none particularly like what happened to me last night.

I woke up this morning to a stinging feeling on my arm while I was undressing to get in the shower this morning. I looked down to find my inner right arm looking attacked - the scratches start approximately an inch under my inner elbow & follow about 3 inches above it. There's so many, I can't even count them, & the fact they're so controlled in perfect alignment to each other is so weird. The scratches didn't draw blood but they're deep enough to sting. The scratches are so tiny like needles dragging down my arms, they aren't human fingernail markings.

I don't have any pets, slept alone last night, no furniture to scrape myself on (I'm in the middle of moving) & no fingernails of my own (I literally bite my nails to bloody stumps).

Is this a demonic or paranormal sign? I believe in this stuff & I'm kind of freaked out to go to bed tonight.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DancingCorpse

• coldethyl

• Overdueleaf

• Littleitaly8997

If i were you i wouldn't be too alarmed by the scratches. You said so youreself that you are in the midst of moving. Perhaps in moving/packing/carrying boxes and such you scratced yourself but did not notice until the water hit the scratches the following morning.... it happens. I know sometimes i scratch/injure myself and have no idea i have done so till i shower. Again i wouldn't worry. I personally do not think that you have anything paranormal going on.

You could have a toenail in your bed sheet that scratched you up.

Anything sharp.

Don't go running to the paranormal just yet.

The "moving stage of your life" could explain some possibility of unintentional injury, but then again, if such things happened before, that cold point out on different causes. However i noticed that you said you bite your nails very hard? You have some psychological problems? Are you a smoker? They might be connected to the haunting you supposedly experience.

So what? If it keeps happening, report it again. I got those as well(it could of been many things) and I'm positive they're millions and billions of others. That's from the past and till the present. Don't freak out and take it into the paranormal unless you want to bust bigfoot on me and everyone. My ex girlfriend(this was before we met) told me a story of having a strange marking when she woke up. She explained to me something that had more design to it and it never happened like that again. There was just a mark or two on random occasions after. She was also down with the paranormal hardcore at the time.

Edited by kampz

I believe in the paranormal as well, but it sounds like you may have gotten the scratches while working and was just too busy to notice.

if you woke up with bruises that look like the crop circles from the movie signs that might be paranormal. You shouldn't worry if they are just scratches.

Has there been any evidence of activity prior to discovering the scratches? Usually there would be poltergeist-like activity and noises and maybe visual things, statements of intent. There are several ways that one can receive cuts to the skin during the night, bugs, brushing against loose debris, sharp surfaces, animals (though you have none in this category), self infliction, rough surfaces of the cover when bunched up, happened in the day and you haven't noticed etc etc. It is not common (though obviously possible, as is anything) that a spirit/demon/entity would attack you with no warning, as if they were just passing through the area and felt like slicing you, I would not worry too much.

I once woke up with five claw or hand like scratches on my arm...

but I was talking to a friend who was into the paranormal.. we were up talking about hauntings

and ghosts at 3 am..

i went to sleep then woke wup with paina and burning on my arm..

i woke up to use the rest room..

and saw the claw marks on my arm...

everyone i showed it to got freaked out..

i learned my lesson never discuss spirts with witches late at night..

• 2 weeks later...

I just love these threads where OP claims they were attacked by something that left evidence in the form of a scratch, bite mark, or wound thats too precise to have been done by a person but yet they never bother taking a picture as proof...

Edited by MetallicBlood

A picture would be impressive, then we can have the debate of cool special effects or horrific attack!