Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

ET # Galaxy Designations

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,388 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 07 January 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Yes, you are right but ....
What if their civilisation at it's inception numbered their galaxy of origin No. 1 and then through colonisation they have entered other galaxies, at least 8 it would seem and their response was actually that they were from the eighth galaxy colonised by their species :whistle: .

:D

However, the OP has listed two species indicating this is not species specific, but rather a type of United Federation of Planets ;)

View PostlibstaK, on 07 January 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Granted that is useless to us BUT if we colonise space and an alien comes along and asks where we originate from - we just might start the conversation by saying "Earth", imagine how confused they would be if we then failed to stick around and explain ourselves a little more clearly :P

Isn't it, but that's the thing, if we can figure, "Earth" is not quite the right description, that is why the Government is conditioning us with TV show's like Third Rock From The Sun, so that when the federation descends upon us, we have the terminology right :D Hard to see an intelligent species being so vague, maybe they just wanted a one night stand? Like a 555 number or something?

But more seriously, we have trouble communicating across seas, across planets is bound to come with some challenges.

Edited by psyche101, 07 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#17    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,388 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 07 January 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

So they either have three eyes and pointy ears, or they're robots out of 1950s scifi?

Only the ones in the federation. Something of a criteria perhaps.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#18    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

The mice rule the universe ! and the number for Earth is Still  42 ! Get with it Peeps !~ :alien: :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#19    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,226 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

A little known fact is that most civilised species refer to galaxies by names - female names for galaxies, male ones for solar systems.
Thus we live in the solar system of Bruce, in the Galaxy of Grizelda.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#20    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,388 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 07 January 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

A little known fact is that most civilised species refer to galaxies by names - female names for galaxies, male ones for solar systems.
Thus we live in the solar system of Bruce, in the Galaxy of Grizelda.

Although you have intended mirth, your system is superior to that which has been suggested :D

I want to know where Galaxy Gertrude is!

View PostDONTEATUS, on 07 January 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

The mice rule the universe ! and the number for Earth is Still  42 ! Get with it Peeps !~ :alien: :tu:

They might be the ones with the Pointy ears that Lord V mentioned........ :unsure2:

#21    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Posted Image

While Julio was getting over the effect produced upon him by the sight of the command room, he asked where they came from, to which they replied with mental messages. They used a lot of these, but Julia principally remembers two of them, which he received very strongly. The first seemed to be a combination of a 3 on top of a 7, and the second looked like two curved brackets set back to back and linked by two straight horizontal lines through them. (As a matter of fact this latter sign faintly recalls the famous UMMO symbol 3-7-squared .)

When Julio kept asking insistently "Where do you come from?, they kept repeating "3, 7, squared". Julio also thinks he caught the impression of a sort of Greek Lambda (X) and a reversed Greek Iota ( L ) with a horizontal stroke.

Another interpretation:

While Julio was to overcome the shock he received at the sight of the control room, he asked where they came from. They answered by thought-impressions. A sort of mental messages that they used a lot. Julio recalled two of these messages. The first seemed to be a combination of a 3figure on top of a 7 and the second looked like two curved strokes with their backs against each other and connected with two straight horizontal lines. (The symbol shows a certain similarity with the familiar UMMO sign). When Julio continued asking where they came from- they repeated the "3,7 -  in square." Julio also thought he got the impression of a Greek Lambda () and an up and turned Greek jota () with a horizontal line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: More numbers by aliens to describe their origin. Evasive responses? Or the Universe is mapped a certain way we don't understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users