Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Rick dyer tent footage, Dead bigfoot.

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#286    HerryGrail

HerryGrail

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, it's not so much a hoax this time as a fraud. The angle of the two guys who own the Facebook Find Bigfoot site is starting to look clearer, maybe just doing this to prove they are experts at internet marketing. At least they're allowing the accusation to stay up on the page. And why does everyone use fake names in all this?

Still fun to watch though...they've closed the Dyer threads again at Bigfoot Forums from all the sniping back and forth.

#287    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Yeah its ridiculous the way people are being on the rick dyer thread over there. Its fueling his obsession with proving his point that bigfoot enthusiasts are stupid for believing in a creature, that there is absolutely no solid evidence for.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#288    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

But what if he's got a point? What if he is right?

Edited by Night Walker, 12 March 2013 - 12:14 PM.

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#289    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

This is rick dyer we are talking about here. The man who has hoaxed more than i'd care to remember. The man who admitted he IS hoaxing the tent footage on  a blogtalk radio show. The man who laughs at the bigfoot community and how "stupid they are". (His words) He has zero credibilty. What reason do I or anybody else have to believe he is right? The only point this sad little nobody is trying to prove is that he has fooled the bigfoot world before and can do it again as people will believe regardless of solid proof. I used to have blind faith in bigfoot but the fact remains, Bigfoot doesn't exist.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#290    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

I've noticed that Slick Rick is suddenly in hiding. All his videos won't load up and all his rants and blogs are down. Guess he's figured out he's been made, but I have a feeling he'll reappear soon enough and want to claim he's done it again. What a moron?

#291    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,634 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 12 March 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

I've noticed that Slick Rick is suddenly in hiding. All his videos won't load up and all his rants and blogs are down. Guess he's figured out he's been made, but I have a feeling he'll reappear soon enough and want to claim he's done it again. What a moron?
If everything is Down, there is probably a lawsuit invovled. Wish I could say that he will produce a body and be vidicated, but he will not.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#292    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,634 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Probably when the Minnow Films movie comes out, it will have Rick Dyer firing off shots into the air and laughing out loud about how he's going to tell everyone he shot a bigfoot in the video and how everyone will believe him. I think that we'll see him confessing to a crime he is going to commit on that film.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#293    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

View Postdanbell06, on 12 March 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

This is rick dyer we are talking about here. The man who has hoaxed more than i'd care to remember. The man who admitted he IS hoaxing the tent footage on  a blogtalk radio show. The man who laughs at the bigfoot community and how "stupid they are". (His words) He has zero credibilty. What reason do I or anybody else have to believe he is right? The only point this sad little nobody is trying to prove is that he has fooled the bigfoot world before and can do it again as people will believe regardless of solid proof. I used to have blind faith in bigfoot but the fact remains, Bigfoot doesn't exist.

Yeah but does that mean it is not "stupid for believing in a creature that there is absolutely no solid evidence for"?

You may not like how he is going about it but does that mean he is not correct? After all - you seem to agree that "the fact remains, Bigfoot doesn't exist." Isn't that exactly what Dyer is saying?

Specifically how many Bigfoot hoaxes has Dyer been involved in? If you list them you will see that he is small fry compared to the Big Boys and Girls who don't/haven't/can't admit to fakery...

Replace the judgemental term "this sad little nobody" and we get "The only point Dyer is trying to prove is that he has fooled the bigfoot world before and can do it again as people will believe regardless of solid proof." - Is that not a very valid point which specifically relates to the Bigfoot phenomenon?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#294    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,267 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 12 March 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

What a moron?
Nah he's in the idiot class...  repeatetly trying the same thing thing over and over expecting a different result.

Posted Image

#295    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,063 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostStardrive, on 12 March 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Nah he's in the idiot class...  repeatetly trying the same thing thing over and over expecting a different result.

No, he is a genius.

He is showing the world whom are the real idiots.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#296    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Well said Sakari.

#297    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

Imo, if Dyer is a genius that makes every repeat hoaxer/fraudster/trickster one as well.
Those who laugh all the way to the bank because they've had another successful bf conference or bf expedition or media article write-up or blog hits, or air time, etc.

There is never a  shortage of repeat followers or an influx of new followers to gobble it all up.
Histories and reputations haven't shown any signs of slowing down the bigfoot phenomenon.

Dyer is not some great hoaxer, exposing the gullible. It is evidently very easy and common and applies (both trickster and trickee) to a good number of footers, obviously..

He just attempted to cover his butt. As do any of them if you ask them uncomfortable questions about their organization, practices, outings, findings, claims, etc

Edited by QuiteContrary, 13 March 2013 - 03:50 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#298    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 12 March 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

If everything is Down, there is probably a lawsuit invovled. Wish I could say that he will produce a body and be vidicated, but he will not.

Shoot, he ain't got no damn body. That redneck behind strike couldn't have kept quiet about it, he'd have been strutting like a bantam rooster to every TV camera that showed up and talking about how great he is......oh and pricing new Corvettes too I'd imagine. You just can't take the redneck out of some people.

#299    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 13 March 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

Keep in mind Sakai is an admitted hoaxer too, so yeah, he loves Dyer. He's probably envious that he's not attained the same level BS that Dyer has......poor guy just lacks the commitment to get there.

:whistle:

Imo, I don't consider wearing a suit in public to see what happens, hoaxing. And as he's stated, nothing ever came of it. Would he have come clean to onlookers if it had?
Anyway, I don't put Sakari's attempts in the realm of the hoaxers I speak of at all.

Heck, I share bigfoot encounters I've heard/read, without clarifying how I feel about them, because I like the stories. Does that make me a hoaxer/liar/trickster too?

Some take bigfootery to a whole other unsavory level.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#300    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Yeah, yeah, yeah and you believed him?

A liar is always a liar and once you start down that road there's no going back. Hey, if you want to believe anything he says then by all means be my guest. However, when the truth comes home don't act all shocked, because you heard it here first.

Me? I ain't afraid to call a spade a spade and a liar a liar, only difference is I'll do it out in public and not behind the scenes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users