Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do you Support Assad

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: who seek a real freedom for syria ? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

who do you support in syria

1. Assad Party and his allies (5 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

2. Opposition and the free syrian army (12 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

3. Not Decided (9 votes [34.62%])

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

so the president Bashar Al Assad have always seems a very nice person who want progress and democracy and an end of corruption, however unfortunately the past two years shawed that he is not what you wish him to be, it's a mind boggling how he manage to keep calm and easy when the whole country raging with war becouse of him, and so untill now many citys have been destroyed, tens of thousands have been killed, tens of thousands have been injured, the economy is going really bad, and yet his exesuse for still being in power is that he is fighting a universal conspiracy fighting with him in a proxy war using al qaeda

and so do you believe his story and think he should stay in power with an iron hand,
or do you think that there is no Al Qaeda, and it's only the syrian people want freedom, as described by the opposition

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul, 31 December 2012 - 08:51 AM.

Posted Image

#2    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,051 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

I dont support Dictators good or bad.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,434 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 31 December 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

I dont support Dictators good or bad.

Is there such a thing as a good dictator?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,858 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

In the beginning of all this the demonstrations were peaceful.  He never negotiated - he just started shooting.  Some of the actions attributed to the FSA have been as bad as what the Syrian army have done so if I had to guess, the two don't seem far apart in their goals and neither have the people's interest at heart - they just want raw power and control.  Eventually it seems to me that Assad will go, one way or another and then the country will be ruled by the strongest surviving group - possibly after a long continuing civil war - sad....

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#5    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 20,347 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

I support the will of the people.
The will of Syrian people is obviously the opposition and the FSA. Of course they are not perfect and god knows what else will get even bloodier or more complicated, but they are the choice of majority of Syrians.
End of discussion for me. It happens that I also agree with them and I also see great resemblances between my nation’s and Syrian fight for freedom. It will be proven again that a dictator can have all the weapons and population can be literally barehanded, and still it will be the people that will prevail.
All the best to you Soul and your people and may it end soon.

I wish KoS would post already, I’m officially worried for him now.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#6    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I dont know what role Al-Queda plays in that conflict one way or the other. I do hope the Syrian people find the peace they have bled so much to gain.

#7    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,539 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

My support for either side is irrelevant, (as is that of most other people outside of Syria), provided British troops aren't sent to yet another desert rat-hole to be murdered by IED's in order to make our politicians look like the 'World Statesmen' they clearly aren't!

Edited by ealdwita, 31 December 2012 - 01:01 PM.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#8    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,156 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Do you Support Assad or FSA

Can I support none of them, and instead support the innocent who are clashed in between?

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,858 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 31 December 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

I support the will of the people.
The will of Syrian people is obviously the opposition and the FSA. Of course they are not perfect and god knows what else will get even bloodier or more complicated, but they are the choice of majority of Syrians.
End of discussion for me. It happens that I also agree with them and I also see great resemblances between my nation’s and Syrian fight for freedom. It will be proven again that a dictator can have all the weapons and population can be literally barehanded, and still it will be the people that will prevail.
All the best to you Soul and your people and may it end soon.

I wish KoS would post already, I’m officially worried for him now.
I PM'd KoS and he responded last on Dec. 3rd.  He said he was fine but that his grand father had passed away from natural causes.  He seemed up beat at that time.....  I hope he is doing well, I also am concerned for him and his family there.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#10    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,164 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostLady Kasey, on 31 December 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

Is there such a thing as a good dictator?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#11    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Possible 7:6 for Assad.

I choose lesser evil. Meaning Im against al Qaida and their supporters and brenches such as FSA. Jihadists are not welcome.

Edited by the L, 01 January 2013 - 09:21 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#12    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,600 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Im siding FSA

#13    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 20,347 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

One short article, worth reading in my opinion:  

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Good read Helen. The numbers speak volumes.

#15    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

What I want to ask those who support FSA and revolution is:

1) Do you see any parallel between this revolution and revolution in Iran when Pahlavi was replaced with Khomeni? Do you think that we can see similar scenario in Syria?
2) Do you think that Assad will try to establish Alavite state? And Kurds some Kurdistan state?
3) Do you think that if secularism in Syria under Assad didnt won over Islam radicalism that something will change when Islam radicals came on throne?
4) What do you think what would happened to Chemical weapon after Assad is gone and when Islam radicals get hand on chemical weapon?
5) Are you affraid that Islam radicalism could use chemical weapon against Israel as counterweight to their nuclear program?
6) Do you think that Syria under FSA could attack Israel?
7) Dont you think that when Islamists see FSA success in Syria they would try to overthrown King in Jordan? In that way turn pro western Jordan as another middle east islam state with radicalism?
8) Dont you think that when FSA took Syria under their control that Sunni muslim in Lebanon will try to dominate there too? And that way ruin peace in Lebanon?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by the L, 01 January 2013 - 07:32 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users