Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do you Support Assad

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: who seek a real freedom for syria ? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

who do you support in syria

1. Assad Party and his allies (5 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

2. Opposition and the free syrian army (12 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

3. Not Decided (9 votes [34.62%])

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 23,541 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostMekorig, on 05 January 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Neither Assad nor the FSA have my support, the first is the tipical "enlighted" dictator in his final hour, and the latter is too fractious and muslim-radical ridden to be able of creating a true and good govermtn for the Syrian people. Very bad situation.

Bad situation, absolutely yes, but it’s not hopeless – in my opinion, of course.

What makes me optimistic (rather elastic definition of optimism required) is Libya.
They had their own ordeal of similar kind and now it’s not as gloomy as it was predicted.

Details on the link:  
http://www.aljazeera...2420473906.html

Edit: spelling... twice :lol:

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 05 January 2013 - 03:07 PM.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#47    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostYamato, on 05 January 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

There's nothing else like it happening to us personally that we finally figure out how wrong it truly is.

this is the most important thing, i know what are the motives of the FSA fighters, it became an easy choice to make and to fight when you know 100% who is your enemy
and you are 100% sure that he is guilty  

It's sickening that thanks to a renegade vote/veto in the UN, this tyrannical violence can continue and yet that's the political charade that's gone on for generations with your next door neighbor

well i still don't know about NATO, i still think that we should do it on our own

I hope you and your family aren't so unfortunate as to have to live in perpetual danger for too much longer.

Thanks

Posted Image

#48    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostMekorig, on 05 January 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Neither Assad nor the FSA have my support, the first is the tipical "enlighted" dictator in his final hour, and the latter is too fractious and muslim-radical ridden to be able of creating a true and good govermtn for the Syrian people. Very bad situation.

i think they are way better than Assad

Posted Image

#49    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 05 January 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Why we are at it though - don't imply levels of intelligence attributed to a particular view point, that's flame baiting.

Okay, that was me out of order there. I apologize.
I got carried away by results.

Edited by the L, 05 January 2013 - 09:01 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#50    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

View Postthe-Unexpected-Soul, on 05 January 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

i think they are way better than Assad
In what way, Shape, or form are they better than assad? What future do you forsee for syria? Will it be better than the assad run regime(before the whole revolution)? Will these supposed freedom fighters bring back stability and prosperty to the country?

P.s I apoligise for the grammer and spelling im using my phone -_-

Edited by .AKUMA., 06 January 2013 - 06:06 AM.

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#51    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

View Post.AKUMA., on 06 January 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

In what way, Shape, or form are they better than assad? What future do you forsee for syria? Will it be better than the assad run regime(before the whole revolution)? Will these supposed freedom fighters bring back stability and prosperty to the country?

the FSA are from the population and they side with the population, while the forces of Assad are extremely on the left, they get a very painfull process to make them like this it resample the mafia, first the soldirs don't get payed, they live of other people it's extremely corrupt organization, and it's only possible to exist in it's form if its corrupted like that
i think the Assad side have hit the bottom, and they are the ones creating the chaos by targeting/killing/steelin/torturing innocent civilians,

on the other side there is the FSA and opposition which is a new movment that we don't know it last form how it would be like, but it's the only hope, and the only one who is capable to remove assad party from the roots, because this is the only solution to his corruption, his party hold a world position ahead in the list of the most corrupt goverments

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul, 06 January 2013 - 06:34 AM.

Posted Image

#52    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,768 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

View Post.AKUMA., on 06 January 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

As to whether the FSA, if they eventually defeat him, will make things better for Syrians - I have no idea but I doubt it.  That isn't really the point though.  The SYRIANS went into the streets demanding change in their daily lives and they were shot down, imprisoned and tortured for it.  Assad's forces escalated at every turn and left no choice but where we find ourselves today.  For me THAT is the major difference here....he COULD have stayed in power by bending some to the will of the people and he chose to brutalize them instead.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#53    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Oh dear, I've backed an unpopular team according to the Poll, lol..

Oh well, without reading everyone elses Rant's, heres the reason why I would support Assad over the FSA..
  • Assad is the lesser of two evils.. Better the Devil you know imo..
  • FSA or Oposition, are far more dangerous because they are far from united themselves..
  • The conflict & oposition is being supported, backed & financed by two world nations that I do not support because of their disgracefull world conduct and foreign policies..

#54    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 07 January 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

Oh well, without reading everyone elses Rant's, heres the reason why I would support Assad over the FSA..
  • FSA or Oposition, are far more dangerous because they are far from united themselves..
  • The conflict & oposition is being supported, backed & financed by two world nations that I do not support because of their disgracefull world conduct and foreign policies..
1) He is bombing gas stations and bread lines for no reason
2) 50/50 but they are smarter
3) Assad is supported by Hamas, Hezbollouh, Iran who want death

#55    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,768 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 07 January 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

That's like being against a couple of guys who are trying to help a defenseless woman who's being beaten - only because they might have some obscure ulterior motive.  Rather than allow them to gain anything you let the woman continue to be brutalized.  As I said above, the biggest takeaway for me is that the SYRIAN PEOPLE were the ones who started the revolt.  Assad wasn't even being asked to leave initially, just to change his iron grip.  He went to brutality immediately.  Whatever groups came in afterward is his fault.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#56    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,181 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postand then, on 07 January 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

That's like being against a couple of guys who are trying to help a defenseless woman who's being beaten - only because they might have some obscure ulterior motive.  Rather than allow them to gain anything you let the woman continue to be brutalized. As I said above, the biggest takeaway for me is that the SYRIAN PEOPLE were the ones who started the revolt.  Assad wasn't even being asked to leave initially, just to change his iron grip.  He went to brutality immediately.  Whatever groups came in afterward is his fault.
Well when the woman happens to be Palestinian, you never let that stop you.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#57    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I don't support nor trust either. How could I? On the one hand, we hear how bad Assad is and all the atrocities he commits, and on the other hand, we see the FSA making false accusations and false videos blaming Assad for committing certain atrocities. Over the course of this civil war, I'm being very cautious as to which claims I believe from either side.

Assad has a history before the civil war by which we can judge his beliefs and actions. The FSA, as an organization, has no such extended history. Its like politics. I have no way of knowing how they will behave after they have the peoples support and are in power. They may end up becoming worse than Assad. This, coupled with their shady short history makes me wary of them. So, I will not chose sides, I will simply say that I hope the people do not exchange one dictator for another.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#58    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 07 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

1) He is bombing gas stations and bread lines for no reason
2) 50/50 but they are smarter
3) Assad is supported by Hamas, Hezbollouh, Iran who want death
Yeah, I quess the reasoning or rational depends a lot on the media coverage.. In my country there's very little coverage of it in the MSM, and I rely a lot on foreign media sources.. Anyway, my rebuttal for the reasons you quoted are;
1) I've seen no evidence of this and it sounds like Propaganda.. let's not forget that the bombings and skirmishs and attacks only started a few years ago when the the Arab spring began. I assume he wasn't bombing breadlines & Gas stations then.
2) Im not sure it comes down to iteligence, perhaps more internal support.. Are the Iraqi people better off without Sadam?
3) True. He is also supported by Russia and China..

View Postand then, on 07 January 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

That's like being against a couple of guys who are trying to help a defenseless woman who's being beaten - only because they might have some obscure ulterior motive.  Rather than allow them to gain anything you let the woman continue to be brutalized.  As I said above, the biggest takeaway for me is that the SYRIAN PEOPLE were the ones who started the revolt.  Assad wasn't even being asked to leave initially, just to change his iron grip.  He went to brutality immediately.  Whatever groups came in afterward is his fault.
You Analogy doesn't work..
These couple of guy's are funding and supporting a thug who's beating on the old woman and creating disscent and seeding conflict in her neighbourhood. imo, this has nothing to do with palestine, but everything to do with weakening a nation that borders Israel & Europe..

#59    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,768 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostYamato, on 07 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Well when the woman happens to be Palestinian, you never let that stop you.
We have and always will disagree about that situation.  THIS is about the Syrian people.  Truth be told, Assad is probably a better place holder from Israel's pov.  He represents stability of a sort.  But he has a disturbing habit of slaughtering children.

#60    3.0

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

If I'm not mistaken;.  his "Secret Police" apparatus was built with the assistance of a former Nazi!  He is a brutal dictator that will only go by force.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users