Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO filmed from airline during US flight

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#46    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,282 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Posted Image

Some one on thiswebsite seems to have solved the problem.

"Mystery" solved.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#47    dgillis

dgillis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

pause at :18. anyone see light being reflected on water?

#48    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,424 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postdgillis, on 03 January 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

pause at :18. anyone see light being reflected on water?
No ! Console light end of storie !

But Good try Looking is a great way to See,Welcome to the Forum dgillis ! Keep Looking maybe you can be the first one to find E.T ! I know Ive tried !

Edited by DONTEATUS, 03 January 2013 - 03:27 PM.

This is a Work in Progress!

#49    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

View Postslaughtr, on 03 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

King Cobra I agree totally with you and who are you to call somebody's post lunatic! If you don't agree shut your mouth and don't respond.I think there is some credence to the video,now as far as being scientifically checked out yea understandable but never resort to being a skeptical pompass ass.

His post was full of insults to members on here, calling people ignorant and sceptical (while using the wrong definition of it), just because they had a different opinion than him.

Then you say, who am I to call someone a lunatic?. When I could easily say, who are you to tell me to shut my mouth and don't respond?

I wouldn't have said a word if he wasn't implying every theory and member that goes against his is ignorant and sceptical.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#50    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,628 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 01 January 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

Well try to prove that its not a reflection from inside the aircraft. That hand is not even in the angle from which the panel lights are reflecting from !

He did prove it by using the reflection of his hand and passing it over the part of the window where the light was originating. If it had been a reflection from inside the cabin the reflection of his hand would have blocked it out from the cameras view.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#51    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,628 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

And this from the article by Benjamin Radford is pure nonsense.

Mr. Ruiz moves his hand toward and around the window, apparently trying to rule out the possibility that the image is a reflection from within the cabin. However his hand only blocks reflections coming from the extreme left of the window; it does not rule out reflections coming from above and behind him -- which is where cabin lights would be.

Yes Mr. Radford it does rule out the possibility because from the cameras point of view reflections are only being seen from one angle. i.e. the same angle as the reflection of the mans hand.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#52    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 05 January 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

He did prove it by using the reflection of his hand and passing it over the part of the window where the light was originating. If it had been a reflection from inside the cabin the reflection of his hand would have blocked it out from the cameras view.

The reflection could easily be coming over his shoulder. He only puts his hand on one side of the window, doesn't block every angle. Also those windows are a little bit curved, could have come from a range of angles.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

#53    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,192 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

If any of the hundreds of people who read this thread are flying anytime soon, at night, please take a digital camera or a camera equipted phone and try this out. I'm resonably sure it can be proven to be a reflection.There are litterally hundreds of lights insde a plane, and when I have flown at night, it is rare to have more then a few of the overheads on, as people usually sleep. Especially on a flight like NY to Chicago, that is going to be a couple hours long. Anyway, each of those lights is going to have it's own angle on each window. The guy filming would have to stand and totally block all lights out, or better yet, put his camera directly on the window to show it was not a reflection.

The fact this guy is a KNOWN faker means we should not even be posting about this.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#54    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

I remember last year a photo came out of a UFO shooting lasers at a passenger plane. Turned out to be most likely a dual-flash from a camera phone. This photo just shows how the multi-layered window can give off a weird photo.

Posted Image

It also shows that certain people that find a weird image in their photo will try and pass it off as a UFO or bigfoot or whatever.

Edited by DKO, 06 January 2013 - 02:54 AM.

Confucius Says:

#55    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,424 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Well it is a  NEW YEAR ! Anyone wanna try to explain it futher ? I still believe it was William Shatner on the wing !with a flash light !

#56    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,628 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostDKO, on 06 January 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

The reflection could easily be coming over his shoulder. He only puts his hand on one side of the window, doesn't block every angle. Also those windows are a little bit curved, could have come from a range of angles.

No a reflection could not be coming from over his shoulder. The position of the camera in relation to the window determines the angle from which reflected light is traveling into the cameras lens. Hence he doesn't need to block every angle. He proves it is not a reflection by passing the reflection of his hand over the part of the window that the light is seen. If it was a reflection from inside the Aircraft the reflection of his hand would have blocked it out.

Here I made a video for you to show how this works with reflections.

#57    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,424 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

View Postlost_shaman, on 06 January 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

No a reflection could not be coming from over his shoulder. The position of the camera in relation to the window determines the angle from which reflected light is traveling into the cameras lens. Hence he doesn't need to block every angle. He proves it is not a reflection by passing the reflection of his hand over the part of the window that the light is seen. If it was a reflection from inside the Aircraft the reflection of his hand would have blocked it out.

Here I made a video for you to show how this works with reflections.

Well that  just about tells it all Good Thing NASA has that kind of evidence there L.S.  I think the issue is that the angle of the orig clip shows that the hand does not cover the direction of the light source ?

#58    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,628 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 06 January 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Well that  just about tells it all Good Thing NASA has that kind of evidence there L.S.  I think the issue is that the angle of the orig clip shows that the hand does not cover the direction of the light source ?

Of course it does D. He passes his hands reflection over the light in the video and you can still see the light through the reflection of his hand! That proves the source of the light is outside the aircraft or the video was altered but it could not be a reflection from inside the Aircraft.

Edited by lost_shaman, 07 January 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#59    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,192 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

I believe that is actually Not true Shaman. Can you go to that part and take a screen capture to proove what you are saying? What I saw was him waving his hand on the left side, but never crossing his hand directly in front of the light. Maybe I missed that when I looked away or something??

Edited by DieChecker, 07 January 2013 - 03:59 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#60    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,143 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 07 January 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

I believe that is actually Not true Shaman. Can you go to that part and take a screen capture to proove what you are saying? What I saw was him waving his hand on the left side, but never crossing his hand directly in front of the light. Maybe I missed that when I looked away or something??

Hey DC, I have to side with LS on this one, the angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection. From the video the position of the camera means that the only place that light could have reflected from was in front of and to the left of the camera. The guys hand clearly passed in front of that angle.  If the light had been coming from behind the camera on the right it never would have made a reflection, visible to the camera's orientation at least.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users