Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Syrian Army Confiscates Israeli Weapons

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

he Syrian army on Monday thwarted a massive attack by a large number of terrorists who were trying to enter Syria through the Jordanian border, and also confiscated Israeli-made missiles and weapons from the armed rebels.

http://english.farsn...p?nn=9107131963

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,599 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

View Postthe L, on 01 January 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

he Syrian army on Monday thwarted a massive attack by a large number of terrorists who were trying to enter Syria through the Jordanian border, and also confiscated Israeli-made missiles and weapons from the armed rebels.

http://english.farsn...p?nn=9107131963
IF the story is accurate - big if imo - then at least it was only Israeli weapons and not Israeli troops.  As soon as it becomes apparent that chemical weapons are being controlled by anyone but Assad - that will change and a whole new dimension will enter this war.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

View Postand then, on 01 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

IF the story is accurate - big if imo - then at least it was only Israeli weapons and not Israeli troops.  As soon as it becomes apparent that chemical weapons are being controlled by anyone but Assad - that will change and a whole new dimension will enter this war.

True. Israel Generals think that Assad keeps well chemical weapon but they are affaraid if islam radicals get their hands on chemical weapon.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,843 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

The site is very anti Israeli, looks like set up by the Republcan guard

#5    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,890 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Al Qaeda has been on the US taxpayer's dole for decades; why wouldn't Israel pitch in too.   Allow the people of the region to run to their religion in response to all this foreign intervention, resource exploitation, and statist oppression, and the zIonists/neocons will win their blood-stained argument for another 60 years that it's a war of religions or a clash of civilization.   Mission accomplished.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,599 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostYamato, on 01 January 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Al Qaeda has been on the US taxpayer's dole for decades; why wouldn't Israel pitch in too.   Allow the people of the region to run to their religion in response to all this foreign intervention, resource exploitation, and statist oppression, and the zIonists/neocons will win their blood-stained argument for another 60 years that it's a war of religions or a clash of civilization.   Mission accomplished.
I don't think the politics of chemical weapons matter Yam.  They are an equal opportunity scourge.  As evil as Assad is,  he at least seems rational.  Having those things fall into the hands of anyone else is just a risk that cannot be taken - regardless how big a mess intervention turns to be.  Time seems very short for a solution that doesn't necessitate an intervention.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,890 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

View Postand then, on 02 January 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

I don't think the politics of chemical weapons matter Yam.  They are an equal opportunity scourge.  As evil as Assad is,  he at least seems rational.  Having those things fall into the hands of anyone else is just a risk that cannot be taken - regardless how big a mess intervention turns to be.  Time seems very short for a solution that doesn't necessitate an intervention.
I wasn't talking about chemicals.  I'd be afraid of Israel's nukes if I had to pick a WMD in the Middle East to worry about.  Intervening in Syria sounds like another one of many bad ideas.   Non-interventionism is best over time because we don't suffer from the blowback our interventionist policies inevitably create.   And I'm tired of bankrupt politicians going broke by building foreigners' nations.

I also don't know how evil Assad is.   What would our government do if our people were driving around in pickup trucks with HMGs and rocket launchers on the back shooting up government buildings? They use overwhelming force on us with their police, why would this be any different?   How much blood did Lincoln spill of his own countrymen?   Let's have some perspective, and not oversimplify things like we know better.

Edited by Yamato, 02 January 2013 - 05:02 AM.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,599 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostYamato, on 02 January 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

I wasn't talking about chemicals.  I'd be afraid of Israel's nukes if I had to pick a WMD in the Middle East to worry about.  Intervening in Syria sounds like another one of many bad ideas.   Non-interventionism is best over time because we don't suffer from the blowback our interventionist policies inevitably create.   And I'm tired of bankrupt politicians going broke by building foreigners' nations.

I also don't know how evil Assad is.   What would our government do if our people were driving around in pickup trucks with HMGs and rocket launchers on the back shooting up government buildings? They use overwhelming force on us with their police, why would this be any different?   How much blood did Lincoln spill of his own countrymen?   Let's have some perspective, and not oversimplify things like we know better.
Thanks for the lecture but I think I'm on pretty sound footing on this one. No way the Syrian army isn't responsible for at least most of the atrocities attributed to them - and yeah - killing children is an atrocity no matter who does it.  As to who wins I could care less except for the eventual ownership of those chemical weapons.  And if they wind up in the wrong hands then your concerns over Israeli nukes will be justified in spades.  About the only scenario that realistically causes Israel to use one of those things is the situation where one of their cities is hit with a mass casualty event.  Drop a few missiles with Sarin on Tel Aviv and voila' - Damascus becomes a smoking hole.  And as a bonus - it doesn't really matter who launches the Sarin, Assad, the FSA or even some rogue officer.  The only choice in that situation is to stop the attacks in the quickest way possible or accept potentially tens of thousands dead.  By GAS.   This IS the nightmare scenario and it's becoming a more credible possibility by the day.

#9    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,890 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

View Postand then, on 02 January 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Thanks for the lecture but I think I'm on pretty sound footing on this one. No way the Syrian army isn't responsible for at least most of the atrocities attributed to them - and yeah - killing children is an atrocity no matter who does it.  As to who wins I could care less except for the eventual ownership of those chemical weapons.  And if they wind up in the wrong hands then your concerns over Israeli nukes will be justified in spades.  About the only scenario that realistically causes Israel to use one of those things is the situation where one of their cities is hit with a mass casualty event.  Drop a few missiles with Sarin on Tel Aviv and voila' - Damascus becomes a smoking hole.  And as a bonus - it doesn't really matter who launches the Sarin, Assad, the FSA or even some rogue officer.  The only choice in that situation is to stop the attacks in the quickest way possible or accept potentially tens of thousands dead.  By GAS.   This IS the nightmare scenario and it's becoming a more credible possibility by the day.
Who wins means everything to the Syrian people.  I hope that whoever is the best for Syria's future wins, and as an outsider, I, like every other outsider, don't have a clue what that is, and it's none of my business if I did.

Israel's been killing children for years as I've been trying to tell you, and I accept your admission that Israel committed atrocities.

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,599 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostYamato, on 02 January 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Who wins means everything to the Syrian people.  I hope that whoever is the best for Syria's future wins, and as an outsider, I, like every other outsider, don't have a clue what that is, and it's none of my business if I did.

Israel's been killing children for years as I've been trying to tell you, and I accept your admission that Israel committed atrocities.
*sigh*  just as you like, Yam....   But some day you are going to see that it's not all one sided - whether you admit it or not is another issue.  And I suspect you will feel it's an intimate part of your business who wins in Syria if your friends or family were killed in a public venue here by an attack with Sarin or VX.  Thinking it's not possible is just denial, nothing more.

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,890 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

View Postand then, on 02 January 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

*sigh*  just as you like, Yam....   But some day you are going to see that it's not all one sided - whether you admit it or not is another issue.  And I suspect you will feel it's an intimate part of your business who wins in Syria if your friends or family were killed in a public venue here by an attack with Sarin or VX.  Thinking it's not possible is just denial, nothing more.
I'm not sure how you're replying to me with this.  How is admitting that killing children is an atrocity no matter who does it "one sided"?   That is the opposite of one-sided, it's all-sided.

The war is over a year long now, with tens of thousands of lives lost.   If I'm going to respond emotionally at this point it's easier to mourn what's already happened than fear what hasn't.   Using chemicals at this point would be more an act of desperation than the beginning of our concern.   Anything's possible, I never said otherwise, and we're really not qualified to know the probability of our conjecture.

#12    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,843 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

He's only here because the word Israel is mentioned

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,599 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 03 January 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

He's only here because the word Israel is mentioned
Tough old world, eh, Dick?

#14    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostYamato, on 02 January 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Here is the figures
1,477 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis and 129 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians since September 29, 2000.

“The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers.”

- Catherine Cook

Source: <a href="http://rememberthese...org/about.html" target="_blank">Remember These Children, a coalition of groups calling for an end to the killing of children and a fair resolution of the conflict. (View the complete list of the victims, which was last updated on October 2, 2012.)

It appears that Remember These Children has not yet documented a number of the Palestinian children killed during Israel's Dec 27, 2008 - Jan 18, 2009 assault on Gaza. They report only 269 of the Palestinian children killed during that time (and an additional 9 who later died from wounds inflicted during that time period). B'Tselem has documented that Israel killed 318 Palestinian children in Gaza during this time. We do not doubt the validity of this higher number as they are extremely careful in their documentation.

http://ifamericanskn...s/children.html

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 09 January 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

Here is the figures
1,477 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis and 129 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians since September 29, 2000.

“The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers.”

- Catherine Cook

Source: <a href="http://rememberthese...org/about.html" target="_blank">Remember These Children, a coalition of groups calling for an end to the killing of children and a fair resolution of the conflict. (View the complete list of the victims, which was last updated on October 2, 2012.)

It appears that Remember These Children has not yet documented a number of the Palestinian children killed during Israel's Dec 27, 2008 - Jan 18, 2009 assault on Gaza. They report only 269 of the Palestinian children killed during that time (and an additional 9 who later died from wounds inflicted during that time period). B'Tselem has documented that Israel killed 318 Palestinian children in Gaza during this time. We do not doubt the validity of this higher number as they are extremely careful in their documentation.

http://ifamericanskn...s/children.html

A fair resolution seems to be the sticking point for now.  Has been these 60 years.  Both sides want all the land but only one side seems willing (by their actions) to actually give any up for peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users