Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New: Ancient Aliens Aliens And Cover Ups

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,330 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 04 January 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

according to AA every meaningful event and structure in human history was concocted, carried out and covered up by aliens. which begs the question is AA part of the continued cover-up of the alien infestation of our planet. is reality TV really an accurate portrayl of reality. sometimes I feel like I'm in  some sort of Lovecrafting story and I'm the only one that knows the truth and have to fight the urge to throw myself out the window. then I turn off the TV and go play LEGOs with my kids.
Strangely enough, the AA proponents seem to ignore things like the Pantheon and the Colosseum and the Aquaducts - despite them being architectural marvels of some advanced sophistication (both architecturally and mathematically). what ... the aliens didn't make them? Why not?? ohh that's right, we have records of us doing that. And yet aliens did teh rest.

View PostAntilles, on 04 January 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

I just watched the same ep and I have a question. Why no pyramids in Australia?
There's some "Bosnian Pyramids" style Pyramids here, so basically "they look pointy, and we've found artifacts on them, they must be pyramids!" pyramids.

#47    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Yeah, i saw the bit about the Bosnian pyramids and I thought that dude was stretching the point. Although as far as I know the fact about the Chinese govt covering up pyramids with vegetation is true. I didn't actually know that there are 8 faces on Khufu's pryamid so I guess I learned something.

#48    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostHasina, on 03 January 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

People like you and me would've been sacrificed to Quetzalcoatl so the others would have more patience sanding rocks. ;D

Aaaah Patience, it's such an elusive and rare animal. Having said this, I'm still convinced that some people did just that, sanding rocks ad nauseum, by order of the clergy.

View PostWinterwind, on 03 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

I've tried watching it that way and have in the past but now... I just can't. Maybe I'm going through a phase.

I get the same when I catch the occasional episode of one of the CSI's : "nooooooooooooo.....your science is totally WROOOONG!!!...>add invective of choice here<!!!" So don't worry, it happens.

View PostWoIverine, on 03 January 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Tend to agree here as some stone quarries were from sites that were several miles away. I just don't see hundreds of guys dragging giant slabs of rock from a site greater than 100 miles away, and then putting forth all the effort required to stack them so high. I mean...why? Really, why? Because of their Gods?

That's interesting because the Biblical God kind of got p***ed off when humans built the tower of Babel...(and the Egyptian Gods / Pharoahs encouraged building of these giant structures?) so, interesting parralels with that one. Jesus never said, "go forth and build me a pyramid" either. Differing religions of different times though.

Well look at what was done in the name of religion. Buidling huge cathedrals in Europe (Paris, Cologne to name but a few), the crusades, etc. Not so much of a stretch to say "build me a pyramid" in Egypt. Religion is a powerfull tool to manipulate the masses, don't forget that the rulers of Egypt were often also considered living gods or the incarnation of a god, so it's in fact not so surprising.

View PostSwede, on 04 January 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

Searcher - Am in the midst of report writing, but will take the liberty to interject a brief aside to the current topic:

Pleased to observe your return to these pages.

Glad to be back after my rather long hiatus :tu:

View PostHarte, on 04 January 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Though not busy myself, I'd like to interject with the same interjection, if I may.

Harte

And again, glad to be back :yes:

Edited by TheSearcher, 04 January 2013 - 09:23 AM.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#49    Winterwind

Winterwind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 04 January 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

I get the same when I catch the occasional episode of one of the CSI's : "nooooooooooooo.....your science is totally WROOOONG!!!...>add invective of choice here<!!!" So don't worry, it happens.

Much like my disdain for the ridiculous "profiling" on Criminal Minds.

And the AA episode for tonight... Alien Power Plants. More on the pyramids it seems.

Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online
- http://www.winterwind-productions.com
- Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

#50    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostWinterwind, on 04 January 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Much like my disdain for the ridiculous "profiling" on Criminal Minds.

And the AA episode for tonight... Alien Power Plants. More on the pyramids it seems.

Might not be pyramids........well chances are it is, but hey, one can hope right?

Publilius Syrus.

#51    skywizard

skywizard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Accept or Change

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostPurifier, on 04 January 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

They were compassionate. They just did too many hallucinating drugs and went nuts. Licking the backs of poisonous frogs was high on their list. Let that be a history lesson to ya boys and girls, don't lick the backs of poisonous frogs or you will hallucinate and start ripping people's hearts out. Lol.

Purifier, you may actually have something here. I think I've read somewhere before where they found a mummy with coca leaves in it's mouth. I've also heard about the frog licking thing. Gonna google it and read some. Thanks for the reminder.

Down where I'm from some don’t lick they eat the legs of the frog and pick a few mushrooms, and sometimes take a trip and never leave the farm…  :tu:

Peace
~skywizard

~~ Never stop looking for what's not there ~~
~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

#52    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

We're not getting any of these new episodes over here, I miss the wonderful hair exhibited on the show & Childresses strange accent :cry:

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#53    Winterwind

Winterwind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 04 January 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Might not be pyramids........well chances are it is, but hey, one can hope right?

When I call 'em, I call 'em.

Less than 20 seconds in and they've got one of the pyramids looking like it should have been in Tron.

Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online
- http://www.winterwind-productions.com
- Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

#54    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~

#55    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostWinterwind, on 05 January 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

When I call 'em, I call 'em.

Less than 20 seconds in and they've got one of the pyramids looking like it should have been in Tron.

Talk about clichee, really? TRON? Haven't seen the episode yet, so at least I've an idea what to expect.

Publilius Syrus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users