Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cannibalism ,India tea plantation

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

http://www.rawstory.... (The Raw Story)

There was an uprising by workers ,at an Assam (one of my faves) tea plantation ,in northern India .
The plantation owner and his wife,were beaten to death by the maniacal workers ,and then at least five of them,ate the flesh of the two murder victims .

Miss me?

#2    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 02 January 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

There was an uprising by workers ,at an Assam (one of my faves) tea plantation ,in northern India .
The plantation owner and his wife,were beaten to death by the maniacal workers ,and then at least five of them,ate the flesh of the two murder victims .
Cannibalism why?  EEEEWWWWWW!

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#3    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

How do you get to that point when you think "Lets eat them."?

Edited by DKO, 02 January 2013 - 07:52 AM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#4    lsra

lsra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Someday we'll look back at this and plow into a parked car.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Why eat them?

#5    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,957 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

From what I read, 10 workers were ordered to be evicted from the plantation.  This sparked the riot.

If I was to guess, I would say they were making a "statement" about the fact that they are not even being paid enough to keep food on the table.  1000 workers rioted.

I am disgusted in the cannabilism but I can't help wondering how far they were pushed to feel that level of aggressive hatred for their bosses, 15 involved in the killing and 5 odd involved in eating parts of the body - that speaks to a deliberate act designed to create maximum impact and attention to their deprived conditions imo.

I really hate that so many people can be so demeaned by so few that something like this seems like a reasonable response to some of them.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#6    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,389 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Simbi in response to "What the hell is going on in India", you do know that this happens everywhere in the world and not specially in India, the only difference is a lot of this is not reported. India's like the 10th in crime rate and 50th in rape stats. I know what happened is a disgusting act and I in no way condone it, and I am not disagreeing with you or anything. Just merely stating a fact that this happens everywhere, only depends on what is being reported and what's not.

Edited by Wordless Wanderer, 02 January 2013 - 09:43 AM.

Posted Image

#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 02 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

From what I read, 10 workers were ordered to be evicted from the plantation.  This sparked the riot.

If I was to guess, I would say they were making a "statement" about the fact that they are not even being paid enough to keep food on the table.  1000 workers rioted.

I am disgusted in the cannabilism but I can't help wondering how far they were pushed to feel that level of aggressive hatred for their bosses, 15 involved in the killing and 5 odd involved in eating parts of the body - that speaks to a deliberate act designed to create maximum impact and attention to their deprived conditions imo.

I really hate that so many people can be so demeaned by so few that something like this seems like a reasonable response to some of them.

View PostlibstaK, on 02 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

I've really hated a few bosses and coworkers. Ive never had a desire to hack off a bicept for a munch.
Clock em with a brick,well maybe ,a nosh ,never.
These people won't eat beef ....but human flesh ...

Miss me?

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostWordless Wanderer, on 02 January 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

Simbi in response to "What the hell is going on in India", you do know that this happens everywhere in the world and not specially in India, the only difference is a lot of this is not reported. India's like the 10th in crime rate and 50th in rape stats. I know what happened is a disgusting act and I in no way condone it, and I am not disagreeing with you or anything. Just merely stating a fact that this happens everywhere, only depends on what is being reported and what's not.

I've always thought of India as a spiritual and kind place,and all the news coming out as of late,has me despondent. Thats where my comment came from .
:(  :(

Miss me?

#9    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 January 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

I've really hated a few bosses and coworkers. Ive never had a desire to hack off a bicept for a munch.
Clock em with a brick,well maybe ,a nosh ,never.
These people won't eat beef ....but human flesh ...

I never thought of that!  Again-EEEEWWWWWW!!!

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#10    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,389 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

On a lighter note, I like beef :P

Posted Image

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostWordless Wanderer, on 03 January 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Are you Hindu ?
If half the country is Hindu ,and half is Muslim ,half don't eat pork,half don't eat beef.
Or is that a myth ?

Miss me?

#12    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,751 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 02 January 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Did they have guns?

Sorry, could not resist.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#13    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,146 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostWordless Wanderer, on 03 January 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

:lol: You're horrible. That's why I miss you in the Games section.

I think it was the rage that made people take a bite of boss-roast.
I’m not making up excuses for them, I was just thinking - what makes people cannibals: extreme hunger or extreme anger.
If they ate the boss, they were that hungry. If they only tasted him, they were that angry.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#14    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,754 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

I consulted my co-worker (who is Indian) on this story and she said that area of the country is heavily tribal and they've only recently given up their special diet. I asked if that "special diet" included people. She said, yep.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#15    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostDKO, on 02 January 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

How do you get to that point when you think "Lets eat them."?

Perhaps: Where will we hide corpses?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users