Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens

MissJatti

Thanks, Lord Vetinari, for correcting my link. When I looked for the topic, a quick search with the terms 'space warp NASA' brought up many accessible articles on the current thinking and work on warp based space drives. The space.com article mentions an *effective* speed of 10 times that of light, without explaining how this was arrived at. One suspects that this might be improved upon, just as the energy requirements were very much reduced by tweaking the Alcubierre design. Even 10 x C would enable us to send probes to the nearer stars in a few months to a few years, no longer than current space probe missions to planets in our own system. Of course when we talk of *effective* speeds above that of light, the speed of light is not actually violated in relation to the space immediately surrounding the ship. The *local* speed is zero. The speed of light it 'gotten around' by expanding space in the direction one wishes to travel, and compressed in the opposite direction.

Even 10xC? Even 10% of c! 40 years is not too long. We had that tech 50 years ago. Imagine had we been bold enough to send probes to Alpha Centauri. We could be expecting first hand pictures of an Alien system in the near future.

As you say, they do not say how that shape affects anything, just that they think it does, I can't help but refuse to hold my breath. I seem to remember something about neutrinos travelling faster than light not all that long ago. Talk is cheap.

Psyche if it is any good SETI is upgrading their equpiment forgot the location somewhere in US and they say that in 20 years once fully upgraded they are certain they will find some sort of contact of sign of something not from around here...

Even 10xC? Even 10% of c! 40 years is not too long. We had that tech 50 years ago. Imagine had we been bold enough to send probes to Alpha Centauri. We could be expecting first hand pictures of an Alien system in the near future.

As you say, they do not say how that shape affects anything, just that they think it does, I can't help but refuse to hold my breath. I seem to remember something about neutrinos travelling faster than light not all that long ago. Talk is cheap.

Before deciding this is all cheap talk, and vague speculation, it mightn't be such a bad idea to consider reading about Dr. Harold White's position and qualifications at NASA, and his paper: Warp Field Mechanics 101. It describes a rigorous scientific basis for a potential space warp drive, and how he intends to test the physics supporting it. Edited by bison

Psyche if it is any good SETI is upgrading their equpiment forgot the location somewhere in US and they say that in 20 years once fully upgraded they are certain they will find some sort of contact of sign of something not from around here...

That is awesome news, thanks Nuke. A step in the right direction I feel.

Before deciding this is all cheap talk, and vague speculation, it mightn't be such a bad idea to consider reading about Dr. Harold White's position and qualifications at NASA, and his paper: Warp Field Mechanics 101. It describes a rigorous scientific basis for a potential space warp drive, and how he intends to test the physics supporting it.

Are they not already testing it? I was under the impression they were. Too early for results I admit, but I would like to see more than the claim that a doughnut shape reduces power requirements in the thousands. You must admit, it is quite a claim. If early trials manage to achieve anything, I will be suitably impressed, but I just find this sort of news tends to be released a little prematurely - as was seen recently with the Neutrino claim.

From what I understand, this drive needs to be capable of resolving planets, it's a massive undertaking to go from Jupiter to a voyager probe and still be able to fly through a planet without anyone noticing. As I say, we hear grandiose claims often, and thank you for the latest news on this, and I hope you are correct and trials are at least partially successful, but I doubt we will have FTL anytime soon or that this first delve into this type of construction is likely to be successful. I imagine quite some R&D involved with such an extraordinary undertaking.

Are they not already testing it? I was under the impression they were. Too early for results I admit, but I would like to see more than the claim that a doughnut shape reduces power requirements in the thousands. You must admit, it is quite a claim. If early trials manage to achieve anything, I will be suitably impressed, but I just find this sort of news tends to be released a little prematurely - as was seen recently with the Neutrino claim.

From what I understand, this drive needs to be capable of resolving planets, it's a massive undertaking to go from Jupiter to a voyager probe and still be able to fly through a planet without anyone noticing. As I say, we hear grandiose claims often, and thank you for the latest news on this, and I hope you are correct and trials are at least partially successful, but I doubt we will have FTL anytime soon or that this first delve into this type of construction is likely to be successful. I imagine quite some R&D involved with such an extraordinary undertaking.

The theoretical paper by Dr. White scarcely amounts to the premature release of anything. It was based on a modification of M. Alcubierre's work, which has published in a peer reviewed journal nearly 20 years ago.

If you care to read Dr, White's paper carefully, you will find an explanation for why a toroidal warp coil is anticipated to be more efficient than a flat ring.

I don't perceive how the warping of space in the direction of travel amounts to flying through a planet. If they wanted to fly to Alpha Centauri, they wouldn't aim at Saturn, obviously. Besides this, it is discussed that a ship using such a drive would probably move to the edge of our solar system by conventional means, then use its warp drive to reach its destination, then resume conventional propulsion within another solar system.

Dr. White proposes a relatively simple test of the principle of warping space, by doing so to a tiny degree. He is not proposing to build a warp drive equiped space vessel at this time, and would be the first to admit that a great deal of research and development stand between us now and the creation of such a device.

<snip>

But today I would like to share my logic from my dream and the real world.

1. There is no reason why a “alien” spacecraft or “alien” equipments”, cannot be made on Earth, Earth has all the elements and materials to make an spacecraft. Some people have discovered a piece of the spacecraft that is not of this world. But at the same time scientists are still yet to discover new things 10000 below the sea or a few meters under the sand. We have not discovered everything on Earth.
  2. Humans have inbeding deep in our minds and these beings are from outa space, its so deep in our minds, that we never stopped to think that they maybe from originally from Earth.

These beings became super intelligent earlier in their evolution, we humans can only use 10% of our brains, but these beings can use almost all tens of thousands years ago.

In my original post I stated humans evolved from primates on Earth, and so did the Aliens.

Look at the humans, some have pale skin, some dark skin, some brown.

Eye witness accounts of (so called aliens) saw some are green some grey and so on.

Scientist even concluded humans were huge and tall, stocky and hairy 80,000 years ago. Present day humans are less hairy, less stocky, and so on.. But scientist suggests human will become more thinner, less hairy, and less height, just like an alien.

I don’t really know, but there is some truth in my dream, some where?!!!!

We humans use all of our brains, not just 10%. That's a myth based on a misunderstanding. It's actually this: we humans use all of our brains..... but not at the same time. Because if you did, you'd have an epileptic fit.

About height:

We are taller than those who lived a century ago, mostly based on better food (and more proteins), better hygiene and better health care.

yes but because we do not use our brains at the same time, (which would be 100%) therefore we use 10%, there have been people who used more than 10%, there was even 1 girl who used her brain slightly more than 10%, who could telepathically say something to other person