Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mind Control. It's been here the whole time.

mind control illuminati quantum entanglement tempest

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#91    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 11 March 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

What right do you have to claim astrology as invalid, if I dont have the right to claim it has some well-founded basis to the reality we live in?

There have been many scientific studies of every level of astrology. James Randi has covered several of them in his books. Astrology not only doesn't work but has no consistent practice. That means as soon as one astrologer is proved a fraud, another one pops up and says they have a better understand of astrology. When their techniques don't work, yet another pops up and says their techniques work. And so it goes.

If you know of any astrologers who are successful, by all means send them to James Randi. He will pay them a million dollars if they can prove their abilities work under scientific conditions.

#92    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

I dont care for this Randi and his money. The attitute stinks all the way here, you know why? Because it's so easy to get a hold of why astrology works, but that doesn't interest him, only the people that use it. Otherwise he wouldn't go around and offer people that kind of money, but spend it instead to gain a better understanding of things by himself, and then make his own case. I've already proven myself that my astrology works, and I'm not unselfish enough to go out of my way to try prove it to someone who doesn't feel like doing the hard bit himself, the hard bit of studying why it works or doesn't work or only works to a certain extent, and also make it easy enough for you to understand... bottom line is that it can bring a lot of clarity to things, and you can argue this too, but there's a ton of people who have been given clarity to their lives through it. Doing that is far more valuable than proving or disproving it in some test which has it's standards set by someone else. Tell me, why my standards aren't good enough for you, when you dont seem to know what my standards are? Why this Randi person is the only one for you who has good standards for you in this matter? And I'm not interested in any merits at all, but in why you think he's a good guy, why are you convinced that only him and not anyone else can bring more clarity into this matter.

It's pretty funny if you put it that way, tons of people there who have done work on the field, and one guy who's not a least bit interested in actually seeing why it doesn't work, but only interested in attacking people's beliefs, or people through their beliefs, that one guy considers himself supreme to them. And the rest of you follow like rats to a whistler-man, looking at the "oh, no one can't prove it to him, a million dollars!!". Authoritarian, superficial, stuck to one's own ideals and world-views... the difference between us?

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#93    dontworryaboutit

dontworryaboutit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

i hate to bring this up and this isnt really the topic to be arguing the bases of astrology but there has been scientific studies to prove this and astrologers were used and asked for there opinion on the tests which they considered fair. it was shown that any connections made were by chance. for some people yes these things are true there horoscope might be dead on. but it is just chance. from what i get from rahndi he is not trying to attack beliefs but offers a way for some astrologist to prove him and others wrong using science and facts. thats not really him being closed minded. he is infact open to it exsiting he just wants someone to prove it on him.

from wikipedia (not a great source i know but i mean neither is really any site)

The Shawn Carlson's double-blind chart matching tests, in which 28 astrologers agreed to match over 100 natal charts to psychological profiles generated by the California Psychological Inventory (CPI) test, is one of the most renowned tests of astrology.[78][79] The experimental protocol used in Carlson's study was agreed to by a group of physicists and astrologers prior to the actual experiment itself.[4] Astrologers, nominated by the National Council for Geocosmic Research, acted as the astrological advisors, and helped to ensure, and agreed, that the test was fair.[79]:117[80]:420 They also chose 26 of the 28 astrologers for the tests (the other 2 being interested astrologers who volunteered afterwards) themselves.[80]:420 The astrologers came from both Europe and the United states.[79]:117 The astrologers helped to draw up the central proposition of natal astrology to be tested.[80]:419 Published in Nature in 1985, the study found that predictions based on natal astrology were no better than chance, and that the testing "clearly refutes the astrological hypothesis".[80]

this seems like an extremely fair test )using astrological advisors and many astrologers from all over showing different practise methods. these failed to produce any results better than chance.
astrology was thought to be meaningful at a time but as science progressed it was proven as nothing more than chance this was a shift in the worlds view. it no longer was science. things like this happen all the time science and theories are meant to be tested and if proven wrong so be it, that is how the world advances. if you believe it go right ahead to continue your practise of it and dont let people bother you when they think it is silly or anything, do what makes you happy. but i think thats enough about astrology for a mind control topic.

#94    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,438 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Aye, that's enough out of it. It hasn't been proved obsolete though... I'll show it to you in a blog soon.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#95    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#96    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,484 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 12 March 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

I dont care for this Randi and his money. The attitute stinks all the way here, you know why? Because it's so easy to get a hold of why astrology works, but that doesn't interest him, only the people that use it. Otherwise he wouldn't go around and offer people that kind of money, but spend it instead to gain a better understanding of things by himself, and then make his own case. I've already proven myself that my astrology works, and I'm not unselfish enough to go out of my way to try prove it to someone who doesn't feel like doing the hard bit himself, the hard bit of studying why it works or doesn't work or only works to a certain extent, and also make it easy enough for you to understand... bottom line is that it can bring a lot of clarity to things, and you can argue this too, but there's a ton of people who have been given clarity to their lives through it. Doing that is far more valuable than proving or disproving it in some test which has it's standards set by someone else. Tell me, why my standards aren't good enough for you, when you dont seem to know what my standards are? Why this Randi person is the only one for you who has good standards for you in this matter? And I'm not interested in any merits at all, but in why you think he's a good guy, why are you convinced that only him and not anyone else can bring more clarity into this matter.

It's pretty funny if you put it that way, tons of people there who have done work on the field, and one guy who's not a least bit interested in actually seeing why it doesn't work, but only interested in attacking people's beliefs, or people through their beliefs, that one guy considers himself supreme to them. And the rest of you follow like rats to a whistler-man, looking at the "oh, no one can't prove it to him, a million dollars!!". Authoritarian, superficial, stuck to one's own ideals and world-views... the difference between us?

James Randi has offered the money for anyone who can prove it works.  Now don't you think that if it did work there wouldn't be thousands of people vying to get that money?  Yet there are none.  It has nothing to do with attitude but that there is no evidence it does work.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#97    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,484 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostNiteMarcher, on 13 March 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

The origin of psychological warfare goes back 2000 - 2500 years. It didn't begin with the Nazi's

Operation paperclip officially began in August 1945 not in 1946 and the CIA was formed by the National Security Act of 1947, almost two years after paperclip began so the CIA wouldn't have overseen the early scientists.

Most importantly is a statement by Ewen Cameron concerning MKUltra:  http://en.wikipedia....ld_Ewen_Cameron

After one test he noted: "Although the patient was prepared by both prolonged sensory isolation (35 days) and by repeated depatterning, and although she received 101 days of positive driving, no favourable results were obtained."

Pretty much shows they never developed mind control.

AA LOGIC
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps

#98    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,717 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Chemical substances are also a factor.

#99    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 13 March 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

The origin of psychological warfare goes back 2000 - 2500 years. It didn't begin with the Nazi's

Operation paperclip officially began in August 1945 not in 1946 and the CIA was formed by the National Security Act of 1947, almost two years after paperclip began so the CIA wouldn't have overseen the early scientists.

Most importantly is a statement by Ewen Cameron concerning MKUltra:  http://en.wikipedia....ld_Ewen_Cameron

Pretty much shows they never developed mind control.

the only thing that your quote shows is an asinine doctor using sensory deprivation torture could not produce mind control patients.  it says nothing about any other methods or the program as a whole.  if you look in Russian research and literature into the same subject you will see the went about it much more humanely with much more success.

If you believe United States government propaganda that the Russian scientific community was so far advance of ours that we were unable to keep up, maybe you should look at who won the war.

#100    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,484 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 13 March 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

the only thing that your quote shows is an asinine doctor using sensory deprivation torture could not produce mind control patients.  it says nothing about any other methods or the program as a whole.  if you look in Russian research and literature into the same subject you will see the went about it much more humanely with much more success.

If you believe United States government propaganda that the Russian scientific community was so far advance of ours that we were unable to keep up, maybe you should look at who won the war.

Good thing you didn't look at the page about Cameron I linked or you might have been better informed before replying and you wouldn't want that.

Which war would that be?  The cold war?  So you are seriously saying mind control won us the cold war?  If so then answer this.  If mind control is so effective why did we send thousands of troops to Afghanistan and Iraq and end up with thousands of dead soldiers when they could have just used mind control to have those close to Hussein and Bin Laden kill them?

AA LOGIC

#101    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,910 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 11 March 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

You can dismiss astrology all you want. Wont make it go away outside your head, that.

You can say precisely the same thing about unicorns, dragons, etc.

They're not going away either, but they aren't real either.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#102    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,910 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 12 March 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

No problem, it's my problem (too) if I get offended too easily... I think you have a good head on your shoulders the more of your stuff I read. :D

I can see where you're from when pointing out the lack of understanding to quantum physics and the human brain... if we could understand better the relation between all sorts of radiowaves and quantum-level influences on brains, other than "put it in a micro wave and it fries", we might be able to discuss it in a bit more in-depth sense from the earthly materia's point of view. If someone can shed more light there, I'd be very interested to hear, although I wont be a good contributor to that field.
I think you'd be surprised at what is known: Read papers at this journal for more.

View PostMikko-kun, on 12 March 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

But if it would work similiarly to a generically broadcasted radiowave, like from the radio stations, then it'd affect more things than just your "powerful and compelling imagination" part of your psyche.
Why do you imagine that there is a difference between your postulated "quantum broadcasting" (or whatever you want to call it) and generic electromagnetic radiation like radio waves?

What, exactly, do you believe the quantum particles (or fields) are that they differ from photons or electromagnetic fields?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#103    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

I dont care for this Randi and his money. The attitute stinks all the way here, you know why? Because it's so easy to get a hold of why astrology works, but that doesn't interest him, only the people that use it. Otherwise he wouldn't go around and offer people that kind of money, but spend it instead to gain a better understanding of things by himself, and then make his own case.

It's not "his money". The million dollars is the sum of money from people like me who have agreed to give it to anyone who can demonstrate paranormal happenings under scientific conditions. My money is still sitting in the bank.

Randi has most certainly gained a better understanding of things in his career and written all about it. You should read his books.

#104    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,438 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Harte, I'm not an expert on quantums, I'm bad at physics. Was just trying to entertairn a possibility. Maybe you can entertairn us with a better possibility... what can it hurt? "The only way this mind-control through some kind of electrically charged quantum-particles would be possible, if..." yes? Thanks for the link, it's always good to read what's the updated situation on these frontiers.

And astrology being valid or invalid... I made a blog of it, just bring your case there if you think you're better than me at that.

#105    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,766 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

I've already proven myself that my astrology works...

That's how I became Doctor Who, you know. I /thoroughly/ proved it myself, and, lo!, it was so.

This plan was less successful when I told the bank I had proved there was a $1 million in my savings account. Backwards philistines.

--Jaylemu...

--Doctor Who

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users