Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Burglar-bite worry for dog owners: new law

kennel club dog owners burglars bite

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,027 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Dog owners could face criminal charges if their animals bite burglars under proposals from the Welsh government, the Kennel Club has warned.

A draft bill would make it an offence to have a dangerously out of control dog in the home.

The dog welfare body says owners should have some protection under the law when dogs try to defend the home.

The Welsh government has said it wants to protect people from an increasing number of attacks by dangerous dogs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20891039

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,026 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Sooooo let's not protect our home. :tu:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Dangerous dogs?! What about the dangerous ******** in your house?!

And here I thought the Welsh more sensible than that. This is something Downing Street would come up with. I weep for our country... To quote Aliens... What are me supposed to use? Harsh language?

:no:

Britain: You suck!

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#4    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

The only way in Britain to get a burglar out of your house is to use poor manners. (And yes, I'm just joshin' with y'all; I know a gun in every hand and a cap in every a** is also not the way to go).

Posted Image

~MEH~

#5    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

When someone comes into my home its the dogs or the guns. Well see which gets there first.

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,285 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

I guess you can't get any better than that.... on Apr. 1st I would think that it is a fantastic joke.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,440 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Preventing bitten burglars?   Oh the problems you'll solve, Wales!

We have an epidemic of dog murders in my country thanks to too many gun-happy cops who somehow get ignored whenever it's suggested that our right to bear arms get infringed.   And our loved ones and family members on four legs get gunned down with no legal recourse in most cases.   Just try shooting a police dog and plumb the depths of the PD's hypocrisy.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#8    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwķt éoredmęcg

• 4,800 posts

• Hige sceal že heardra, heorte že cenre, mod sceal že mare, že ure męgen lytlaš.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

POPULAR

View PostAsteroidX, on 02 January 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

When someone comes into my home its the dogs or the guns. Well see which gets there first.

It's alright for you! My dogs are lousy shots! Neither of them could hit a bull in the butt with a banjo!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#9    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

what if my hamster bites the burglar? is that ok?

#10    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Your gonna throw hamsters at a burglar ? Silly Canadian.

#11    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 02 January 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Your gonna throw hamsters at a burglar ? Silly Canadian.
well, they're not too heavy. what else can you do with a hamster? geez

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Oh yes ,god  forbid  those poor defenseless burglars get hurt if a good protective doggie,harms the hand holding the gun or rope ,especially if more than one of these poor sweet burglars come in numbers...
I mean gosh ,those three guys in conneticut ,who brutally beat raped and killed that man's entire family ,would be terribly hurt,if a bad doggie bit those disgusting pieces of detritus that destroyed this mans entire life.
Now he would be fined,but maybe his wife and daughters would be alive...too bad he didn't have six dogs....too BAD .
Bad bad doggies .Bad bad owners.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 02 January 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Miss me?

#13    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'm glad my state passed a law that says if you get hurt while trespassing, tough luck.  It's already stood up in court too.  Criminals were suing their victims from prison because they got hurt while committing the crime or people were just trespassing on your property and had a accident.

This law is stupid, your dog should have the right to defend your home from intruders.

#14    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwķt éoredmęcg

• 4,800 posts

• Hige sceal že heardra, heorte že cenre, mod sceal že mare, že ure męgen lytlaš.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

If I hear a suspicious noise during the night I send Mrs.Ealdwita to reconnoiter. The sight of her in her nightie, curlers and her Make-me-look-like-Cheryl-Cole face cream, is more than enough to send dedicated squads of SAS and Spetznatz into full bowel-loosened retreat! The last time it happened, three would-be burglars begged me to set the dogs on them!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#15    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,090 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

My advice to anyone who hears a burglar in there house is to do what I did, surprise them with pickaxe handle, beat them to death & dump the body in the wee hours in a remote location.
I mean, they were hardly going to tell anyone where they were going that evening were they.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 02 January 2013 - 11:44 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users