Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Burglar-bite worry for dog owners: new law

kennel club dog owners burglars bite

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Well that's just 'fine and dandy'

"Come in Mr Burglar, help yourself to anything and make yourself comfortable. Don't worry about my girls and baby Grandson who are sleeping, they won't mind you taking a tour around my house. Ignore my little yorkshire terrier Lulu, she is not vicious.... but I would like you to meet my cat Callie who IS scary and feral" :gun:

Edited by Star of the Sea, 03 January 2013 - 12:08 AM.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#17    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Makes me glad I don't live in Great Britain.  They are insane with how they deal with people breaking into your home.  The laws protect the criminals.  It's absolutely insane.

Art

#18    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• 1,840 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostArtaxerxes, on 03 January 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Makes me glad I don't live in Great Britain.  They are insane with how they deal with people breaking into your home.  The laws protect the criminals.  It's absolutely insane.

Art

I know! I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this one! Suppose we should just put the kettle on and make a nice cup of Earl Grey tea for the burglar :whistle:

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#19    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

My pug isn't much of a attack dog. He's kinda got a sock-puppet mouth. Lips get in da way. He'd more than likely cute them to death.

Posted Image

#20    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

No guns, no dogs... call the cops and wait for what? 15-20 minutes? WOW.... I'm an American and I'll keep my guns and my unfriendly dogs close by... To live in a nice world where love and flowers and butterflies abound is a great idea but in practical practice... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

View Postealdwita, on 02 January 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

If I hear a suspicious noise during the night I send Mrs.Ealdwita to reconnoiter. The sight of her in her nightie, curlers and her Make-me-look-like-Cheryl-Cole face cream, is more than enough to send dedicated squads of SAS and Spetznatz into full bowel-loosened retreat! The last time it happened, three would-be burglars begged me to set the dogs on them!
I'm going to buy Mrs Ealdwita a riding crop to thwack you with ,every time you every time you mention her on UM.

Miss me?

#22    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,701 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

View Postealdwita, on 02 January 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

It's alright for you! My dogs are lousy shots! Neither of them could hit a bull in the butt with a banjo!
LOL, smarty pants!

This law is absolutely sill, IMO.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#23    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,682 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 January 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

I'm going to buy Mrs Ealdwita a riding crop to thwack you with ,every time you every time you mention her on UM.

You've been reading too many books called 'Fifty Shades of Grey'! haven't you? Christmas prezzie was it?

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#24    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Dang,Sucks to be a dog owner in Europe,dang that sucks.No other words can describe the feelings you guys must be going through,How stupid a law must be when it benefits the criminal scum that  will now break into your house with the law on their side,Forget the dog,buy a bear trap and leave it next to an open window,OOps did that thing just lop off his leg,oh well at least you cant be sued because the dog bit him.hopefully its his right leg,that way he can rename himself lefty.What a bogus law!!!!! Boooo!,I'm also with itsnotoutthere.My kind of people.yup.still a bear trap is great.

Edited by The Unseen, 03 January 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#25    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,345 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostThe Unseen, on 03 January 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Dang,Sucks to be a dog owner in Europe,dang that sucks.No other words can describe the feelings you guys must be going through,How stupid a law must be when it benefits the criminal scum that  will now break into your house with the law on their side,Forget the dog,buy a bear trap and leave it next to an open window,OOps did that thing just lop off his leg,oh well at least you cant be sued because the dog bit him.hopefully its his right leg,that way he can rename himself lefty.What a bogus law!!!!! Boooo!,I'm also with itsnotoutthere.My kind of people.yup.still a bear trap is great.

Britain pretends not to be Europe. As far as I know in all other European countries, as long as there is a warning on the gate and the dog has its rabies shot (where rabies is predominant) he may bite any trespasser.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#26    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

WORDS OF THE DAY "BEAR TRAP". Yup nothing bites like a BIG OL' BEAR TRAP.

#27    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,886 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

When did British folks stop using common sense?  Or is this just an example of political idiocy being forced on the majority?  As for the treatment of intruders - I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#28    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,682 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Britain pretends not to be Europe. As far as I know in all other European countries, as long as there is a warning on the gate and the dog has its rabies shot (where rabies is predominant) he may bite any trespasser.

There's no 'pretend' about it QM. It's only our politicians who think we're Europeans, (and that's because they see the possibility of a nice, cushy retirement job when they get their a***s kicked at the next General Election!)  ...........Off-topic, sorry.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#29    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I believe most mainland Europeans do not see the Brits as Europeans either,

#30    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I've never fancied living in Wales.

And this daft law is making it even less likely that I'd ever live there.

Anyway, anyone who breaks into my house will have to worry about more than receiving a poxy dog bite.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 03 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users