Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

pit bulls tear into dogs, girl

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,626 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

My first choice of dog is a pit bull. When raised correctly they are the smartest most protective, and most loyal dogs Ive ever seen. Cause of the kids, the wife didnt like the idea to much. So I went with rotties. Once the kids are grown and my 2 rotties eventualy pass away, I will be getting a pit bull.

If you are the type of owner that has no interest or ablity to be a pack leader, then most dogs arent for you.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#32    magnoliaReverie

magnoliaReverie

Poltergeist

• 2,907 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Another sad story for everyone involved. There are good and bad examples with every breed of dog. And yes, other dogs will bite but the difference is they bite and let go. Pit Bulls have a much more nasty nature of attack and won't let go until they decide to.   Which is why I have no desire to ever own one or a Rottie. (Not that I could really anyway, Pitters are banned now in Ontario and the Rottie thing is another story...)

I've known some incredibly smart, sweet, child loving Pit Bulls and some really nasty ones owned by nasty people.  One so sweet she was named Elmo. lol They can be great dogs, but you can't predict a constant temperament for any animal.  Elmo was raised by a good owner but was eventually put down because one day she jumped 2 fences and attacked my neighbour's German Shepard 4 houses away.

I own one very small, very yappy dog. She sees another dog and goes nuts but usually shuts up as soon as she's face to face. I have two small kids and she's never bit either of them, even when they were very small and would tug on her ears whenever they had the chance. That was something I was really worried would happen when they came along and was prepared to find her another home without kids if I had too.
All animals are unpredictable and people should always remember that. Sometimes it turns out for the good, and sometimes not so good.

#33    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,420 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View Postsarah_444, on 04 January 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Another sad story for everyone involved. There are good and bad examples with every breed of dog. And yes, other dogs will bite but the difference is they bite and let go. Pit Bulls have a much more nasty nature of attack and won't let go until they decide to.   Which is why I have no desire to ever own one or a Rottie. (Not that I could really anyway, Pitters are banned now in Ontario and the Rottie thing is another story...)

I've known some incredibly smart, sweet, child loving Pit Bulls and some really nasty ones owned by nasty people.  One so sweet she was named Elmo. lol They can be great dogs, but you can't predict a constant temperament for any animal.  Elmo was raised by a good owner but was eventually put down because one day she jumped 2 fences and attacked my neighbour's German Shepard 4 houses away.

I own one very small, very yappy dog. She sees another dog and goes nuts but usually shuts up as soon as she's face to face. I have two small kids and she's never bit either of them, even when they were very small and would tug on her ears whenever they had the chance. That was something I was really worried would happen when they came along and was prepared to find her another home without kids if I had too.
All animals are unpredictable and people should always remember that. Sometimes it turns out for the good, and sometimes not so good.
I would add...all life forms are unpredictable!   Except for my Lab.  She is very predictable.  You can predict that she will decide to jump up on you at the most akward time.  You can predict that if you bend down and aren't paying attention you might get head butted right in the face.  And you can predict that if she is biting on your arm she really needs to go outside.  But, one more important to this thread detail...you can predict 100% of the time that she is not going to suddenly turn vicious and bite you!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#34    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,811 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

The selective breeding the pit bull went through was done to produce a vicious and relentless dog. It's embedded into their instinct to simply click into a violent, savage beast in the spur of the moment. This was ideal to what they went bred for, fighting and hearding livestock.

Think of it like our instinctive behaviour when fear kicks in. We may act out of fear because we can't help it. Much like the aggressive behaviour of the pit bull. As nice as some may be, when that kicks in, expect it.

#35    joc

joc

• 14,420 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 04 January 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

My first choice of dog is a pit bull. When raised correctly they are the smartest most protective, and most loyal dogs Ive ever seen. Cause of the kids, the wife didnt like the idea to much. So I went with rotties. Once the kids are grown and my 2 rotties eventualy pass away, I will be getting a pit bull.

If you are the type of owner that has no interest or ablity to be a pack leader, then most dogs arent for you.
Wait...your wife wasn't okay with pit bulls...but she is okay with rottweilers???   Guess what...she probably won't be okay with a pitbull after your kids are grown either...grand kids you know...

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#36    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,811 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

View Postjoc, on 05 January 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Wait...your wife wasn't okay with pit bulls...but she is okay with rottweilers???   Guess what...she probably won't be okay with a pitbull after your kids are grown either...grand kids you know...

Rottweilers aren't that far off in % of fatal attacks on humans compared to pit bulls. I'm guessing I'm sharing the same surprise you have had in reading that.

Edited by Orcseeker, 05 January 2013 - 04:16 AM.

#37    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

View Postjoc, on 03 January 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

I know, I know.  People who have PitBulls love them to death and you cannot overcome the Love factor with any kind of evidence.  I will say that Pit Bulls do get a bad rap.  But it is because they are a bad breed. :whistle:   There are plenty of cases of Pit Bulls in good loving homes that wind up killing the kids.  Do this:  Google Pit Bull attacks/Images....I can guarantee you that if you Google Lab attacks/Images...you will not find any pictures of Labs who have mutilated the face of a cow!  or horse!  They are dangerous dogs...I'll leave it at that!
Yet another fool who thinks pit bulls are the number one biter,Your wrong and your knowledge of them should be left in your mind.It is stupid people who's dogs turn against them,Stupid people who own them without training them,Duh You idiots think you can treat a pit like anyother dog,if so your either stupid or just a plain ignorant fool,I do admit that not everyone should own them because not everyone can controll them,they are a MANS DOG,not a wimps dog.Oh and before you get your feelings hurt,I am not calling you  Stupid or an Idiot,I am reffering to the people who know nothing about them but seem to think they know something. It is those people who should just keep their mouths shut,You want to know which dog bites the most? Poodles bite more people than anyother dog,2nd comes the mixed breed poodles ,Yet when people see them,OH they are so cute,I will not lay my foot on the breaks if one were to shoot out into traffic.what about rock weilers."dont think I spelled that right" those dogs kill more animals and bite more people than pits do,And the only reason they get a bad rap is because of the IDIOT MEDIA who look only for reports on pits.Go ahead and leave it at that,Be miss informed and be one of the people who know nothing of them. And this is just my opinion.

#38    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 05 January 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

The selective breeding the pit bull went through was done to produce a vicious and relentless dog. It's embedded into their instinct to simply click into a violent, savage beast in the spur of the moment. This was ideal to what they went bred for, fighting and hearding livestock.

Think of it like our instinctive behaviour when fear kicks in. We may act out of fear because we can't help it. Much like the aggressive behaviour of the pit bull. As nice as some may be, when that kicks in, expect it.
Now I find someone who knows nothing of them ,only what was read in the papers or shown on FOX TV.they do not click into violent outburst or a beast in the spur of the moment.They were bred to corral bulls,They were not bred to be fighting dogs,It was Idiot people who introduced them to fighting and those are the jerks that need to be put to death,the Livestock part is only a part true,BULLS man BULLs are what they were bred to handle.Imbedded into their instinct to simmply click???You are so ignorant of what your trying to talk about,I think your a smart person but I think you should keep with what you really know and not something you think you know.

#39    Betrayal of Humanity

Betrayal of Humanity

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

• Hitch your wagon to a star... -Emerson

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Who cares what dog breed bites more, it's the breed that kills more that people should worry about. Just because you have a dog that is so loving and sweet to you doesn't mean it isn't one day going to go on a murderous rampage against someone or even against your own self.

http://www.dogsbite....lities-2012.php

http://www.dogsbite....it-bull-faq.php

"The advocates of abortion on demand falsely assume two things: that women must suffer if the lives of unborn children are legally protected; and that women can only attain equality by having the legal option of destroying their innocent offspring in the womb." --  Robert Casey

#40    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,342 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Pitbulls are breed to kill so unless you are a player in the NFL forget about owning them. The breed sucks ass.

To deffend what they do describes the owner.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 05 January 2013 - 07:42 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#41    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,635 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostThe Unseen, on 05 January 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Yet another fool who thinks pit bulls are the number one biter,Your wrong and your knowledge of them should be left in your mind.It is stupid people who's dogs turn against them,Stupid people who own them without training them,Duh You idiots think you can treat a pit like anyother dog,if so your either stupid or just a plain ignorant fool,I do admit that not everyone should own them because not everyone can controll them,they are a MANS DOG,not a wimps dog.Oh and before you get your feelings hurt,I am not calling you Stupid or an Idiot,I am reffering to the people who know nothing about them but seem to think they know something. It is those people who should just keep their mouths shut,You want to know which dog bites the most? Poodles bite more people than anyother dog,2nd comes the mixed breed poodles ,Yet when people see them,OH they are so cute,I will not lay my foot on the breaks if one were to shoot out into traffic.what about rock weilers."dont think I spelled that right" those dogs kill more animals and bite more people than pits do,And the only reason they get a bad rap is because of the IDIOT MEDIA who look only for reports on pits.Go ahead and leave it at that,Be miss informed and be one of the people who know nothing of them. And this is just my opinion.

You are just the type of person who should defiantly not own a pit bull or any large agressive dog, because you lack selfcontrol. You come off as very angry and agressive and that is the kind of energy goes right down the leash into a dogs brain.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#42    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,811 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostThe Unseen, on 05 January 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

Now I find someone who knows nothing of them ,only what was read in the papers or shown on FOX TV.they do not click into violent outburst or a beast in the spur of the moment.They were bred to corral bulls,They were not bred to be fighting dogs,It was Idiot people who introduced them to fighting and those are the jerks that need to be put to death,the Livestock part is only a part true,BULLS man BULLs are what they were bred to handle.Imbedded into their instinct to simmply click???You are so ignorant of what your trying to talk about,I think your a smart person but I think you should keep with what you really know and not something you think you know.
You said it, BULLS. What better way to keep large, dangerous and agressive animals like those in line with something like that. You think your average sheep dog or something like that would do?

#43    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,644 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

The girl is a heroine.

These type of aggressive dogs need to be regulated so that they require insurance, training, and a license to own one.

Breeders should also be regulated so additionally the point of sale or transfer can be documented.

Also had the girl had a chow-chow, even if just one, those pit bulls would have had an even fight and might have even lost. Chow-chows are fiercely loyal to their owners and families and can outmatch a single pit bull one-on-one.

View PostDarkwind, on 05 January 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

You come off as very angry and agressive

Pot...kettle.

Edited by I believe you, 05 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#44    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,635 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

What really bothers me is why people want to get these kind of dogs  they seem to be status symbols more than anything else. Woe be the dog that ends up as a status symbol, because people who own them don't seem to care about the welfare of the dog only their own ego. I have found the best dogs are mutts you rescue from the pound. Some how they know you have saved them and give back 10 fold.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#45    joc

joc

• 14,420 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostThe Unseen, on 05 January 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Yet another fool who thinks pit bulls are the number one biter,Your wrong and your knowledge of them should be left in your mind.It is stupid people who's dogs turn against them,Stupid people who own them without training them,Duh You idiots think you can treat a pit like anyother dog,if so your either stupid or just a plain ignorant fool,I do admit that not everyone should own them because not everyone can controll them,they are a MANS DOG,not a wimps dog.Oh and before you get your feelings hurt,I am not calling you  Stupid or an Idiot,I am reffering to the people who know nothing about them but seem to think they know something. It is those people who should just keep their mouths shut,You want to know which dog bites the most? Poodles bite more people than anyother dog,2nd comes the mixed breed poodles ,Yet when people see them,OH they are so cute,I will not lay my foot on the breaks if one were to shoot out into traffic.what about rock weilers."dont think I spelled that right" those dogs kill more animals and bite more people than pits do,And the only reason they get a bad rap is because of the IDIOT MEDIA who look only for reports on pits.Go ahead and leave it at that,Be miss informed and be one of the people who know nothing of them. And this is just my opinion.
The highlighted portion of your posts speaks volumes about your character.  It says your ego defines you as a man's man.  In the same catagory we usually find wife beaters and overall control freaks.  You seek to control others...and you think that if you can control a Pit Bull (which is ludicrous) that you are more Manly.  Big mistake pal.  Try it on someone else not me.

Edited by joc, 05 January 2013 - 03:31 PM.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users