Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Technique To Study Cell Phone Radiation

cell phone radiation

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 36,925 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Concerns about the health risks associated with cell phones date back almost to the dawn of the industry. Over the last four decades, while cell phones shrunk and multiplied and worked their way into the very fabric of human existence, the vague threat of danger has slunk along behind like a faint but troubling and unshakeable odor: do what they could, scientists couldn’t quite eliminate it, and they couldn’t quite define it, either. The best they’ve been able to do is say that the radiation coming from cell phones may or may not cause cancer.

http://www.popsci.co...phone-radiation

Posted Image

#2    Mac E

Mac E

Mass Confuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

• If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

I look forward to the results of this study.

#3    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,710 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Agreed, maybe they can devise a method to examine the effects of wifi devices as well, if it hasn't already been done to that extent.

#4    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

An oncologist friend of mine believes that there is a connection between electromagnetic radiation and an increased risk of cancer.

#5    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,225 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

The biggest health risk is the shock after seeing the cell phone bill.

#6    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,710 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Would be a good idea to load up on extra anti-oxidants in case anyone hasn't yet.

#7    nohands

nohands

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

nice one!!

#8    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,346 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

I know one thing for sure. Cell Phones are habit forming just like cigarettes. Studies have been conducted on college students to see if they can go 24 hours without touching a cell phone and most of them couldn't go without it and those that did experienced anxiety or withdrawals. Are You Addicted?

#9    Rhino666

Rhino666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

No company will admit to it and noone will do anything about it.

#10    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,710 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I have a cell phone, but I never really use it. Is that weird? It's the latest and greatest, but I tend to find that I don't really want people bugging me, so its always on vibrate and takes me forever to respond to texts lol.

#11    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,346 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 06 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I have a cell phone, but I never really use it. Is that weird? It's the latest and greatest, but I tend to find that I don't really want people bugging me, so its always on vibrate and takes me forever to respond to texts lol.

I have one too but it mostly stays in the glove box of my truck for emergencies and such.
I don't feel this urgency to talk or text all the time. I prefer personal conversation myself. :)

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.
Science would call me a Non-Conformist. Religion would call me a Heretic. I call myself a Freelancer.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,659 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

I used to hear stories of people who were scared to live beneath hi voltage power transmission lines for the same reasons.  I don't think a cancer link was proven there either.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#13    dan-paul-mark

dan-paul-mark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

i don't think cellphone microwaves and radio-waves are enough to create a problem by themselves. i believe that the cause of the rise in cancer is down to the fact that we constantly are exposed to all sorts of stimulus and environments that as a species we never evolved to withstand. so understandably; yet unfortunately, as with any species we have to have time to develop to our surroundings which in the past have been perhaps predators and loss of food supplies, but are now our own doings such as the chemicals and radiation we expose ourselves to. however it becomes a problem as our self created civilizations develops much faster than is natural possible for use to keep up with, explaining the increase in diseases such cancer, asthma, diabetes..etc. i also thing the way we experience life mentally is unnatural also, which contributes to the high number of mental health problems. so people need to just accept that as we change our world around us it will always cause complications, but its either this or go live in the woods.

#14    Mantis914

Mantis914

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I doubt if any new info will come of this as it seems the industry has been dancing around this subject since as long as I can remember.  It will be one on those that keep their head glued to a phone day in and out because if they decide to sue the phone industry, I'm sure they'll get nowhere with it because all the studies that I've read have been labelled inconclusive.  When phones were analog, I remember the retailers pushing headsets and urging customers to keep the phone away from their heads due to the heat, now its purely for distraction...

#15    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 6,960 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Even if the study confirms that cell phone use does cause cancer, it won't stop people from using them.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

Also tagged with cell phone, radiation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users