Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Expert

aliens ufos expert fake.real

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

I find it really hard to believe so called 'experts' in the field of ufology, when no actual proof exists any where to the masses?
What i find even harder to believe is that so many people believe these charlatans.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#2    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,958 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

I have found that a large portion of UFOlogy is psychological. It is comprised largely by those that are looking for confirmation of their 'special' beliefs. With things like UFO conventions it becomes a system that feeds upon itself. I also think that the majority of 'experts' in the field know this and capitalize on it. Deplorable behavior no doubt. It can be difficult to break away from something like that when you are constantly being told what you want to hear but all the more reason to promote healthy skepticism. I really feel bad for the people who buy so heavily into this stuff.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#3    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

It's kinda hard to shoot down a UFO, don't you think? Unfortunately, the only evidence we have now are photographs and grainy videos and testimonials. I guess a lot of these people looking for confirmation must have seen something and are looking for more evidences to confirm what they saw. This is not a belief that they all of a sudden developed.

#4    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

What always seems to have me baffled is when they constantly refer to "Ancient Astronaught Theorists" on the Ancient Aliens documentaries. They make it sound as if the speculations are backed by highly educated and qualified individuals, when in all reality they're not.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#5    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,192 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Well everybody has a few seconds of fame in this world ! Even the Ones full of B.S. ! Kinda like we all know this in the first place right ? :clap:
2013 THe Best YEar Ever !

This is a Work in Progress!

#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,649 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 03 January 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

What always seems to have me baffled is when they constantly refer to "Ancient Astronaught Theorists" on the Ancient Aliens documentaries. They make it sound as if the speculations are backed by highly educated and qualified individuals, when in all reality they're not.

Maybe you should start a thread on Ancient Astronauts.

Or Ancient Aliens.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#7    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,099 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostBelial, on 03 January 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

I find it really hard to believe so called 'experts' in the field of ufology, when no actual proof exists any where to the masses?
What i find even harder to believe is that so many people believe these charlatans.

can you possibly just clarify if you mean no actual proof of UFO's or are you refering to no proof UFOs are ET??

thanks

View PostSweetpumper, on 03 January 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Maybe you should start a thread on Ancient Astronauts.

Or Ancient Aliens.

great idea...I am suprised this hasnt been done yet on UM  :whistle:

#8    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufology

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#9    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Obviously there arent any real "Experts" as no one knows exactly what ufo's are.However an open mind is much more understandable to a closed one.If we never seek, we never will find, instead of just saying "No" to everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users