Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Cristina Kirchner is back again


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,062 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Argentina's president has called on the UK government to hand over the Falkland Islands, in an open letter printed in British newspapers.
Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner urges David Cameron to abide by a 1965 UN resolution to "negotiate a solution" over the islands.
The letter says they were forcibly stripped from Argentina in "a blatant exercise of 19th-century colonialism".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20896050
:passifier:

Right, and when Argentina occupied them in the first place, that wasn't Colonialism, of course. They were hardly the native population, were they.. in fact, the French have more of a claim than the Argentinians do.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,779 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

and will the British answer be two words long, the second word being"off"?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,258 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

She is doing it because to get people to stop protesting against her government


#4    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,062 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 03 January 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

She is doing it because to get people to stop protesting against her government
... so will David Cameroon start sending letters to China demanding that they hand Hong Kong back ....? :innocent:
or perhaps, since the Americans don't seem to have made a very good job of it, he ought to send a letter to the Washington Post demanding that the Colonies be handed back...

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#5    stevewinn

stevewinn

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 8,762 posts
  • Joined:05 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, England

  • Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 03 January 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

She is doing it because to get people to stop protesting against her government

exactly. Argentina is in dire financial trouble domestically and internationally. just like the Junta in the 1981 - 82 she wants to deflect public attention away from her failed politics.

Argentina as been using underhand tactics which have increased in recent months such as banning all ships from docking at their main port, if the ship as any connection to the UK such as flying the British flag or White/Red Ensign and lets remember less than two years ago the South American trading bloc Mercosur of Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay – decided to shut its ports to ships flying the Falklands flag.

as witnessed four months ago when P&O cruises found to their cost. - 'P&O, a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation Plc and one of the world’s leading cruise operators will be omitting Puerto Madryn, Ushuaia and Buenos Aires from its 2013 season because of the difficulties encountered by its red ensign vessels in Argentine ports during recent months. However the company confirms that the vessels will continue to call in the Falkland Islands.

The United Kingdom need to play it cool but leaving them in no doubt of our stance.  i wonder how much this has to do the current oil exploration in the Falklands waters.

If this leads to Argentina taking military action like they did last time, when they invaded British Sovereign Territory the United Kingdom should next time use a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach.

What should await them next time if they are foolish enough.



Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#6    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,258 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 03 January 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

... so will David Cameroon start sending letters to China demanding that they hand Hong Kong back ....? :innocent:
or perhaps, since the Americans don't seem to have made a very good job of it, he ought to send a letter to the Washington Post demanding that the Colonies be handed back...
Um hong kong was Chinese and America was Native American....


#7    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Cameron has said that the Falklanders will determine their own fate in the upcoming referendum:


'The future of the Falkland Islands should be determined by the Falkland Islanders themselves, the people who live there,' he said.
'Whenever they have been asked their opinion, they say they want to maintain their current status with the United Kingdom.

'They're holding a referendum this year and I hope the president of Argentina will listen to that referendum and recognise it is for the Falkland Islanders to choose their future, and as long as they choose to stay with the United Kingdom they have my 100% backing.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2GvyETvS8




#8    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,924 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 03 January 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Argentina's president has called on the UK government to hand over the Falkland Islands, in an open letter printed in British newspapers.
Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner urges David Cameron to abide by a 1965 UN resolution to "negotiate a solution" over the islands.
The letter says they were forcibly stripped from Argentina in "a blatant exercise of 19th-century colonialism".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20896050
:passifier:

Right, and when Argentina occupied them in the first place, that wasn't Colonialism, of course. They were hardly the native population, were they.. in fact, the French have more of a claim than the Argentinians do.

Spain, France and Britain have owned those islands Argentina has not. It has no legal right under international law to claim old Spannish colonies as its own. Argentina is a terrorist state.

Enough of the messing around lets go sink some of their ships and only stop when they agree to shut up, apologise and go away.


#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,258 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 03 January 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Spain, France and Britain have owned those islands Argentina has not. It has no legal right under international law to claim old Spannish colonies as its own. Argentina is a terrorist state.

Enough of the messing around lets go sink some of their ships and only stop when they agree to shut up, apologise and go away.
oh dear....


#10    ealdwita

ealdwita

    Hwt oredmcg

  • Member
  • 4,893 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:astcentingas , England

  • Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 03 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Um hong kong was Chinese and America was Native American....

Agreed, but in the case of my beloved Hong Kong, New Year's Day this year marked the 15th.anniversary of the end of British administration there and thousands of its citizens came out on to the streets to demonstrate against the Chinese Government. Guess whose flag many of the demonstrators were waving! It's not the only former colony that's realised that perhaps life under the 'British yoke' wasn't quite so bad after all!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#11    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Be interesting to see how they spin things when the Islanders vote for British rule, which they likely will.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#12    keithisco

keithisco

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,052 posts
  • Joined:06 May 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rincon de Loix, Benidorm

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Postealdwita, on 03 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Agreed, but in the case of my beloved Hong Kong, New Year's Day this year marked the 15th.anniversary of the end of British administration there and thousands of its citizens came out on to the streets to demonstrate against the Chinese Government. Guess whose flag many of the demonstrators were waving! It's not the only former colony that's realised that perhaps life under the 'British yoke' wasn't quite so bad after all!

Umm.. Wrong! The island of Hong Kong was ceded to the UK in perpetuity... it was only the New Territories that were were leased from China - however, the UK Govt at the time (conservative) decided to give back the Island as well. So, Sovereignty over one foreign posession was handed over to a foreign govt (against the local populations wishes) but for for some curious reason, the Falklands seems to be  A "special" case... :blink:


#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,779 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostCorp, on 03 January 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Be interesting to see how they spin things when the Islanders vote for British rule, which they likely will.
simple, they'll blame MI5.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#14    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,062 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 03 January 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Umm.. Wrong! The island of Hong Kong was ceded to the UK in perpetuity... it was only the New Territories that were were leased from China - however, the UK Govt at the time (conservative) decided to give back the Island as well. So, Sovereignty over one foreign posession was handed over to a foreign govt (against the local populations wishes) but for for some curious reason, the Falklands seems to be  A "special" case... :blink:
Sorry, are you saying that because it wasn't actually right to hand over Hong Kong, then that means that the Falklands should be?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#15    stevewinn

stevewinn

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 8,762 posts
  • Joined:05 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, England

  • Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

documentary on the Falklands war 1982. might be of interest to some.



Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users