Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

NZ developed WOMD-Tsunami bomb

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

The project was launched in June 1944 after a US naval officer noticed that blasting operations to clear coral reefs around Pacific islands sometimes produced a large wave, raising the possibility of creating a "tsunami bomb".
Explosive tests carried out in waters north of Auckland led scientists to conclude that the weapon was feasible and a series of 10 massive blasts offshore could create a 10-metre tsunami capable of inundating a small coastal city.
"It was absolutely astonishing," Waru said.
"First that anyone would come up with the idea of developing a weapon of mass destruction based on a tsunami ... and also that New Zealand seems to have successfully developed it to the degree that it might have worked.

http://news.ninemsn....-of-nz-archives

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Troublehalf

Troublehalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Didn't Bad Company 2 already show this in the single player? Where the Japanese launch a bomb which sweeps the escaping Americans submarine away? The aim of the game was to stop it happening in current period?

Isn't that a bit of a coincidence? A game has a story about the Japanese using a tsunami bomb, but in fact, America had? Isn't there rumours still going around that the Indonesian Tsunami was actually a covert-op test of such a device?

#3    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,060 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

See, they want people to think, with this Anti Nuclear stance and all that, that they're peace loving and friendly, but in reality they too have ambitions for Global dominance. Everyone does.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#4    HecticSherlock

HecticSherlock

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

• "I hate having to jump into convo's, idea's, or subjects without prior knowledge or facts to back me up..but if religion can do it!"

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Despite the fact that this plan or idea rather was based on bad intentions; I still think it's amazing to be able to harness the power of such an natural phenomena such as an tsunami..

#5    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostTroublehalf, on 03 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Didn't Bad Company 2 already show this in the single player? Where the Japanese launch a bomb which sweeps the escaping Americans submarine away? The aim of the game was to stop it happening in current period?

Isn't that a bit of a coincidence? A game has a story about the Japanese using a tsunami bomb, but in fact, America had? Isn't there rumours still going around that the Indonesian Tsunami was actually a covert-op test of such a device?

Want more video games coincidences? One of most epic ones right here...Homefront...

Information about the game Here!

Edit : Sorry for going offtopic abit but this game presented an interesting view about events taking place or better events that might take place?

Edited by Nuke_em, 03 January 2013 - 03:28 PM.

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#6    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,346 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostTroublehalf, on 03 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Isn't there rumours still going around that the Indonesian Tsunami was actually a covert-op test of such a device?

Rumors? Sure. Any reality? No.
The Indonesian Tsunami is well known among geologists and such to have been caused by an act of nature.

#7    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 03 January 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

See, they want people to think, with this Anti Nuclear stance and all that, that they're peace loving and friendly, but in reality they too have ambitions for Global dominance. Everyone does.

I hope this is sarcasim.

I have heard about this bomb years ago. In fact, i believe that a passage from someones diary or similar was used in an exam question for english literature. From what i know it was a tin pot operation which produced waves inches high instead of meters. Not really world domination material.

#8    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 03 January 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Not really world domination material.

I wonder how would you dominate over Tibet with tsunami bomb?

But if they have tech over 50 years ago you can imagine what they have now.
Also idea of causing natural disaster to destroy enemy is , as we now see, old. So when now someone said that huricanne was caused by HAARP I would stop for second.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#9    TheOtherSide1945

TheOtherSide1945

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• "Some men just want to see the world burn" Alfred

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Tsunami bomb? What about HAARP ffs!

#10    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Maybe conspiracy theorists are no as wrong as popular thinking would make anyone believe!

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#11    ash68

ash68

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• It doesn't matter what you think you are,but what you think,you are
    Celsus

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

I thought tsunami's were caused by movement of the tectonic plates,surely if you try to affect them it could cause a disaster of unimaginable proportions. Let me know if i'm wrong

#12    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,060 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

View Postashven, on 04 January 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

I thought tsunami's were caused by movement of the tectonic plates,surely if you try to affect them it could cause a disaster of unimaginable proportions. Let me know if i'm wrong
Don't suppose it has to be, any underwater distrurbance would have the same effect. It's just a question of making a disturbance big enough.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#13    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,346 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postashven, on 04 January 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

I thought tsunami's were caused by movement of the tectonic plates...

You would be correct with respect to the Indonesian Tsunami. Very much correct.

There are othe natural causes of a Tsunami:

Such as a massive volcano eruption causing millions of tons of the volcano peripheral to break apart and suddenly crash into the ocean, as well as another known cause of a Tsunami created by massive glacial ice crashing into a bay of water.

But yes, The Indonesian Tsunami causation was exactly as you described; tectonic plate shifting.

Edited by pallidin, 04 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#14    ash68

ash68

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• It doesn't matter what you think you are,but what you think,you are
    Celsus

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Cheers Pallidin

#15    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

The Indonesian quake = natural disaster, but..and this is a "big butt" I do believe that the Japan tsunami could have been triggered by the placement of some type of bomb deep within the ocean, and possibly in an already fractured area of the ocean floor where trenches/ tectonic plates are known to be.  We'll never know...or will we?

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users