Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Why havent we gone back to the Moon yet?

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#151    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

It offends me when people put words in a dead mans mouth.  Neil saw nothing but lifeless desolation on the moon.  You are confusing the terms "skeptic" and "discernment". Accept what he said and not what others claim he said.

Edited by synchronomy, 25 September 2013 - 01:20 AM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#152    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

View Postzoser, on 24 September 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

If you don't like what the website say's disregard it.  Isn't that standard skeptic policy?

Nuff said.
My previous post was intended as a reply to the one above.  My apologies, a Windows smartphone, which I have been saddled with is less intuitive than the more popular models.  Hence, I repeat:

It offends me when people put words in a dead mans mouth. Neil saw nothing but lifeless desolation on the moon. You are confusing the terms "skeptic" and "discernment". Accept what he said and not what others claim he said.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#153    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

View Postzoser, on 22 September 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

If they are telling lies and fabricating stories, please explain how you know.  

Two people with a similar tale.

Over to you Jim.

Jim has more years experience than most of the astronauts.  Many more years.  He comes across strongly for good reason...many wannabees, conspiracy theorists, charlatans and all around know-it-alls give ufology a bad name.
You have been told and informed before that most of the "eye witness accounts" are by untrained observers.  Space is vastly different from walking in your backyard.  You need to know the lighting conditions and the exact time of the video before drawing any extrapolations.
For goodness sake educate yourself.  You seem to think anyone disagreeing with you has a plot of coverup.

If NASA had evidence of intelligent life they would publicise it widely because it would result in funding and budget increases beyond our wildest dreams!
There is no coverup!  Get it out of your head!

Edited by synchronomy, 25 September 2013 - 02:29 AM.

#154    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

I heard that I did "sycnchronomy" ITs so strange that  "some -z "people dont get it !
:tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#155    Pheonix Cluster

Pheonix Cluster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

:This answer has been answered by Ex-Nasa Employees: It's because the moon is crawling with Agressive and Scary Alien Species

#156    Pheonix Cluster

Pheonix Cluster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:21 AM

And "sycnchronomy'' That answer you gave, Is what Nasa wants you to Believe. So please Rethink or Review your answer

#157    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:34 AM

View PostPheonix Cluster, on 29 June 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

:This answer has been answered by Ex-Nasa Employees: It's because the moon is crawling with Agressive and Scary Alien Species

That was a movie.

View PostPheonix Cluster, on 29 June 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:

And "sycnchronomy'' That answer you gave, Is what Nasa wants you to Believe. So please Rethink or Review your answer

Not what Edgar Mitchell says, and I reckon he is more likely to know what NASA is up to than you are.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#158    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,321 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostPheonix Cluster, on 29 June 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:

And who is it that is telling you what to believe? That's a two way street I'm afraid.

And welcome to UM. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#159    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,192 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:49 AM

View PostPheonix Cluster, on 29 June 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

Nonsense,we all know the moon is an egg.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#160    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

Well Moon over Miami will settle the stomach, or Not !
:tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#161    Shouldthisexist

Shouldthisexist

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

• Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:46 PM

Talk about resurrecting  i really wish that NASA or another private space company would take one more trip to the moon. Take all of our new equipment and a handful of top CTs and film and let them look. Then when they come on and say there was nothing there it can finally be put to rest.

#162    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,113 posts

• Oops.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

Except it won't. Either they will claim it was all stated by NASA or the ex-CT believers will be accused of being disinfo agents.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#163    Shouldthisexist

Shouldthisexist

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

• Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 29 June 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

Except it won't. Either they will claim it was all stated by NASA or the ex-CT believers will be accused of being disinfo agents.

This is true, I must admit CTs have a great set up. Believe whatever you want and the parts you don't like declare it a cover up.

#164    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 5,337 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:13 PM

We haven't gone back to the moon because politicians equate it with "climbing the highest mountain" and see no political glory in climbing it twice. They won't wake up until the Chinese or Russians get there and then they'll be all over getting us back there, in a frantic, whiny way. Nothing like a little competition to stir the pot. Besides, NASA was given a choice of moonbase, space station or shuttle and we know how that turned out.

Edited by Hammerclaw, 29 June 2015 - 03:14 PM.

"An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

#165    Derek Willis

Derek Willis

Psychic Spy

• 1,498 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostHammerclaw, on 29 June 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

We haven't gone back to the moon because politicians equate it with "climbing the highest mountain" and see no political glory in climbing it twice. They won't wake up until the Chinese or Russians get there and then they'll be all over getting us back there, in a frantic, whiny way. Nothing like a little competition to stir the pot. Besides, NASA was given a choice of moonbase, space station or shuttle and we know how that turned out.

Is there any reason we continually have humans in Earth orbit? Don't get me wrong, I am not against having humans in orbit. But do they do anything that can't be done by satellites or other machines? I know in the past that certainly was the case. But machines are getting pretty sophisticated these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users