Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Am I god?

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1    Koreyomg

Koreyomg

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

• Reality is not real. The only thing known is your existence in that nothing is ever truly known. -korey

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

May not be the right forum. But I have heard this a lot lately from some very spiritual people. And actually recently found it in a philosophical book by Deepak Chopra. Basically stating that we are our own god. Or I believe someone pointed to their head when asked about god.

It kind of makes more sense than a lot of other claims. To say that we are our own creator, so in essence we are god, our own god.

Is this something that is a popular belief or am I just coincidentally seeing this? I am really interested to hear what others have come to believe.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

The Mormons believe that when they die they get to be god fo other worlds.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,182 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Literality a god or a figure of speech?

As an atheist, I'm the most important being in my world, some have taken this to calling themselves a god but not in the sense of magical powers.

#4    Glenville86

Glenville86

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

No but you are the highest species on this planet.  Sort of a God over the other critters.

#5    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

POPULAR

View PostGlenville86, on 04 January 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

No but you are the highest species on this planet.  Sort of a God over the other critters.
Walk up to a bear and tell it you're it's god. See what happens. ;)

Edited by Jeffertonturner, 04 January 2013 - 11:27 AM.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#6    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,920 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 04 January 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Walk up to a bear and tell it you're it's god. See what happens. ;)
lol - but, but isn't a God supposed to be wise? :whistle:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#7    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,797 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

In pantheism god is everything, so we are god along with everything else, rocks, kittycats, dogs, birds.... As above, so below.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#8    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,117 posts

• old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

In short, no

TCB

#9    KainFall

KainFall

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

• Nothing is as it may seem.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostKoreyomg, on 04 January 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

May not be the right forum. But I have heard this a lot lately from some very spiritual people. And actually recently found it in a philosophical book by Deepak Chopra. Basically stating that we are our own god. Or I believe someone pointed to their head when asked about god.

It kind of makes more sense than a lot of other claims. To say that we are our own creator, so in essence we are god, our own god.

Is this something that is a popular belief or am I just coincidentally seeing this? I am really interested to hear what others have come to believe.

It is stated through Christianity that god believes that all people are equal and created in his image.. you tell me. if your your own god.. Cause I dont think "god" was joking...

As stated many a times in many ah religions.

Edited by KainFall, 04 January 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Open Your Mind To New Experiences

#10    KainFall

KainFall

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Seriously though. Where do people get these crazy accusations from.. Its obvious man. We are our own gods.. God teaches us the righteous path cause hes all knowing.. And its what helps us formulate what and who we are.. Its that simple.

#11    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

It says I am a God underneath my avatar, and my signature says I am a God. As I believe everything I see online, then it must be true that I am a God. Actually it seems that I am not simply a god, I am the God. Very nice :D
Hmmm, I also appear to be dead, but better being a dead God than a living mortal...

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 04 January 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#12    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostKoreyomg, on 04 January 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Yes you are God.

But to understand why you'd need to do the research to discover why reality is 100% subjective.

#13    KainFall

KainFall

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 04 January 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

It says I am a God underneath my avatar, and my signature says I am a God. As I believe everything I see online, then it must be true that I am a God. Actually it seems that I am not simply a god, I am the God. Very nice :D
Hmmm, I also appear to be dead, but better being a dead God than a living mortal...

no one likes you pharaoh!!! You are no god. Simply an image to pertain OF god. douche :P, making my point through aspiration. What more do you have to say oh great reader of the symbols.. whether against or With the odds of having the head or mind, or possibly even pertain you brain into the equation for equitable contemplation.

See Korey, We All know what were talking bout :P

#14    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

You can be God, but I AM THE

EDIT: To actually add substance, you're master of your own whims, but society constricts you, no normal person is a 'god' in the deity context.

Edited by Hasina, 04 January 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#15    KainFall

KainFall

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostHasina, on 04 January 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

You can be God, but I AM THE

EDIT: To actually add substance, you're master of your own whims, but society constricts you, no normal person is a 'god' in the deity context.

Yes.... :P Supposedly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users