Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bermuda Triangle - gas bubbles

Saru

the bubbles effecting the boat directly doesn't sink this boat. its the fact that the boat was placed in such a way that the bubbles splash up water into the back of the boat. of course its going to sink when it fills up with water also the fact the the majority of the extra weight, cindercrete blocks, is at the stern of the boat making it ass heavy already. poorly done. Not to mention, has anybody ever experienced or witnessed just one gas eruption in such a heavily populated boating area like the bermuda triangle? pics, videos? i find it very hard to believe that a swell on the very edge of a gas eruption would sink an ocean going vessel especially when these ships are designed to handle some pretty high seas. If you need these very precise conditions to sink a vessel, you'd think somebody would have at least caught an eruption event on camera. When was the last ship sunk in the bermuda triangle? Technology has come a long ways, radar, satellite imagery, etc. Weather conditions makes more sense. If a large barge can sink in the Great Lakes, Edmund Fitzgerald, because of bad weather, wouldn't you expect more treacherous waters in open sea? I don't think there is a mystery to be solved here, just accidents in a very busy air and water traffic area.

It would be interesting to see if it is possible for gas escaping from sea bed to form a large bubble, perhaps tens of metres diameter, or if water pressure forces the gas into a lot of smaller bubbles. I suspect this is the case, though I think if a suficiently large bubble did survive to the suface, then if it came up under the hull of a ship it would have an effect like an aircraft suddenly losing lift. Sufficient gas displacing the water under a ship will cause it to drop, then when bubble has dispersed, and this will of course happen very quickly, the ship will sink like a stone.

• Like 1