Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

10 Startling Predictions Of Edgar Cayce

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    skywizard

skywizard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Accept or Change

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I read an Edgar Cayce book many years ago, I think it was ‘There is a River’ (not sure, read many) where he supposedly correctly predicted the stock market crash and Great Depression of 1929, the beginning of World War II, and many Earth Changes.
I found these 10 Edgar Cayce predictions and thought I would share. He might have been referring to 12-21-12 in #6 and #10, (only my opinion):

1. The greater portion of Europe will be changed in the twinkling of an eye.
2. There will be a shifting of the poles so that where there was once a cold climate will become warmer and the semitropical will become the more tropical. Moss and ferns and new foliage
will grow in places that seem strange to us now. As Cayce said: "The Earth is catching up with Time."

3. There will come a time when the sun will be darkened.
4. The city of Atlantis will be found near Bimini.
5. The records of Atlantis will be open to those that are the spiritual initiates in the knowledge of the One God.
6. A new field of science will be developed based on a psychic/spiritual phenomenon.
7. A "City of Gold" will be discovered in the Gobi Desert.
8. New York State's east coast and New York City itself will disappear.
9. America's west coast will be destroyed and The Great Lakes will drain into the Gulf of Mexico through the Mississippi River.
10. Cayce envisioned that a time would come when all individuals would realize their responsibility toward one another; this will be a realization that will change the mass-thought of humanity. Cayce predicted there will be three profound archeological discoveries of a very ancient and important nature that will revolutionize the way we understand human origins. Cayce stated that this will occur when humanity reaches a higher level of spirituality. He predicted a new era of peace and enlightenment will follow the tremendous Earth changes. Cayce foresaw a new era of enlightenment and peace for humanity in the future and a unified field of energy that would someday shift the consciousness field of humanity.

“Prophecy is never given for any other purpose than as a warning. For this reason, a successful prophecy is one that has been averted and therefore does not happen."

Peace
-skywizard

Edited by skywizard, 04 January 2013 - 03:28 PM.

~~ Never stop looking for what's not there ~~
~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

#2    Winterwind

Winterwind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

I've never placed any stock in predictions, especially ones like #10. While I'd certainly love to see humanity follow a peaceful, enlightened path the reality is... not any time soon.

Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online
- http://www.winterwind-productions.com
- Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,158 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Edgar Casey in my opinion was a better prophet than Nostradamus.  Nostradamus stuff was hard to make sense out of, it can be read to mean anything.

#4    blind pew

blind pew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostWinterwind, on 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

I've never placed any stock in predictions, especially ones like #10. While I'd certainly love to see humanity follow a peaceful, enlightened path the reality is... not any time soon.
Like the saying says, give an infinite number of monkeys typewriters and given enough time one of them will write a best seller.

#5    Proclus

Proclus

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

• Academic approaches towards Atlantis as a real place!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postskywizard, on 04 January 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Edgar Cayce, the Atlantipedia knows more on him:
http://atlantipedia..../cayce-edgar-2/

Such as: "reveals that Cayce seemed to have had a photographic memory and worked for up to fifteen years in a bookstore where, no doubt, he had access to the the works of Donnelly, Steiner, Blavatsky and others. The terminology employed by those writers is frequently used by Cayce in his ‘readings’!"

Academic approaches towards Atlantis as a real place: www.Atlantis-Scout.de!

#6    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Cayce is to Blavatsky as Rome is to Greece.
There is no need for Cayce if you read Blavatsky, and at least she did not have weird trances and imagine she was some ancient Egyptian. So ta ta, Ra Ta

#7    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,913 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

“Prophecy is never given for any other purpose than as a warning. For this reason, a successful prophecy is one that has been averted and therefore does not happen."

I like Cayce, to some degree, but that above statement, be it from him or you, is the biggest load of BS I've heard in a long time.

With that statements bizzarre logic, I could predict ANYTHING, and if it did not come to pass, claim that my prediction was in fact successful.

Come-on, give me a break. Such BS.

#8    skywizard

skywizard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Accept or Change

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postpallidin, on 04 January 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I like Cayce, to some degree, but that above statement, be it from him or you, is the biggest load of BS I've heard in a long time

So true... not from me though, I started not to include it in fact I think I will edit. (sorry can't find where to edit now)

Edited by skywizard, 04 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#9    HawkLord

HawkLord

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

• I reserve the right to change my mind when better and more accurate info becomes available.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Cayce's best prediction is when he fell realy ill and predicted that he would soon be miraculously healed, which he was when he died three days later. After all the dead dont feel pain. :whistle:

The rocks in my head fill the holes in yours.

It is easy to spout the wisdom of others when you have none of your own.

Insult me all you like but remember that i have a sword.

#10    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,572 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

This one "came true," though Atlantis wasn't found.  Some beachrock was "found" (it was already known) that was claimed to be part of Atlantis.

However, the "find" was forced.  That is, Cayce's prediciton was that sometime near the end of the 1960's (he may have named the year - 1968 I believe it was) this would come about and, low and behold, in the late sixties it did.

What you're never told is that Cayce's group, the A.R.E., combed the area for months trying to make the prediction come true.  All they could find was a small section of beachrock off Bimini.  They've been promoting it ever since as if it was a random find that occured in "exactly the year it was predicted!!! :o "

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#11    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 37,052 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well, all you need to do is read the original Sleeping Prophet from '67 and compare it with a current edition... you will be shocked at all that did NOT happen.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#12    Proclus

Proclus

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

• Academic approaches towards Atlantis as a real place!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I find this prediction especially silly because if you already know in advance where to look how is it then possible to wait some more decades until you really find it?

Academic approaches towards Atlantis as a real place: www.Atlantis-Scout.de!

#13    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Oh Gee was raised on Cayce, my Dad was one of the very frist members of the ARE, I have his individual reference files and we knew a women that had a reading. In my opinion Cayce`s trances were visions of what was all ready written about Atlantis and Lumeria by reading previous books, and was not Plato`s Atlantis.

http://en.wikipedia...._in_Two_Planets

#14    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,396 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

What about the medical diagnosis and cures, how did he pull that off? That's what I can't figure out. Anybody ever figure out his trick?

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#15    skywizard

skywizard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Accept or Change

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostPurifier, on 05 January 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

What about the medical diagnosis and cures, how did he pull that off? That's what I can't figure out. Anybody ever figure out his trick?

He was mostly known for his medical readings... that was my sub-header or what ever you call it. I'd like to hear that too.
I think he did about 9000 but I'm not sure.

~skywizard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users