Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Anti-gun propagandists

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

The gun enthusiasts dont care what you say. :gun:

#47    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Postninjadude, on 08 January 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

and yet they didn't actually put that language in the constitution when they had the chance. Kind of defeats your argument.

That's kind of like me farting in another room. I can tell you that I farted, but you would never have smelled it.

Does that change the fact I farted? No. Crude analogy, I know, but it gets my point across.

The founding fathers expressed their intent. I have nothing more to say.

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

#48    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,312 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostOverSword, on 08 January 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

I guess we could label each other psychos and wussies.
Don't forget the people who don't like in America chiming in "bloody troublemakers" :D

#49    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,905 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostEonwe, on 08 January 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

That's kind of like me farting in another room. I can tell you that I farted, but you would never have smelled it.

Does that change the fact I farted? No. Crude analogy, I know, but it gets my point across.

The founding fathers expressed their intent. I have nothing more to say.

if we were talking about bodily emmissions that might be interesting. And I would have no proof that you farted. So it would be useless information.

and again they did not feel strongly enough about their "intent" to actually include it in the document, which of course is the real basis of law and government.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#50    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

View Postninjadude, on 08 January 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

and yet they didn't actually put that language in the constitution when they had the chance. Kind of defeats your argument.

ninja I don't think you want to get into an argument about the intent of the creators because some people around here want to talk seperation of church and state even though it is not mentioned in any of the founding documents.

Edited by MiskatonicGrad, 09 January 2013 - 04:16 AM.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#51    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,905 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 09 January 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

ninja I don't think you want to get into an argument about the intent of the creators because some people around here want to talk seperation of church and state even though it is not mentioned in any of the founding documents.

touche!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users