Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A Two-Year Travelogue from Hell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Spiegel said:

Since unrest began in Syria in the spring of 2011, reporting from the country has been difficult. Former contacts are now dead or can't be located, and the country lies in ruins. Now, amid harrowing conditions, the balance of power appears to have shifted, with rebels beginning to gain the upper hand.

Night falls quickly in Syria, as the overloaded pickup trucks carrying stray refugee families emerge through the mist. The headlight beams from our car fall over destroyed houses on our drive through olive groves and abandoned towns. Campfires can occasionally be seen in the distance.

We've driven along this road once before, in April 2012, which these days seems like an eternity ago. At the time, there was still electricity here, and people still lived in Taftanas, Sarmin, Kurin and other villages in Idlib Province, in northern Syria. But now, in December 2012, entire villages are empty and pockmarked with bullet holes, their residents having fled from airstrikes, hunger and frigid temperature

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,634 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

And they have nothing to look forward to except more of the same - or worse.  It's sad - they are losing a generation.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Really feel for the people suffering in this civil war.  I hope when this is over there is improvement for the people of Syria and not just more of the same but with different leaders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users