Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Swedish man gets disability benefits

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Child of Skaro

• 5,393 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

My partner is on disability benefits, and doesn't look like he has a disability so I know that things aren't always as they seem. However, I don't see how his heavy metal 'addiction' causes him to be discriminated against. He sounds like he needs therapy, but disability benefits? It just sounds like his so called addiction is being enabled, and I find that ridiculous

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

#17    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostInvaderTAQ, on 06 January 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

My partner is on disability benefits, and doesn't look like he has a disability so I know that things aren't always as they seem. However, I don't see how his heavy metal 'addiction' causes him to be discriminated against. He sounds like he needs therapy, but disability benefits? It just sounds like his so called addiction is being enabled, and I find that ridiculous
It's not just Aspergers that you can't discern at first sight.
It's very difficult to tell whether a epilethic is going to have a fit or a diabetic's blood sugar has gone down.
Because one minute they act normally and the next they need urgent medical assistance.
Aspergers has a rule isn't really a medical condition and I don't deserve the benefits as much.
Even deaf and dumb people can pass as normal if you don't hear them speak or spot their hearing aid.
Disability dosn't always have to be just guys in wheelchairs and people with missing limbs.
So in all honesty I can't see what category of disability this guy fits in.
He has no signs of these conditions so he's just after a big pay day without any effort whatsoever.
I can't imagine what would happen if he brought stage diving into the mix.

Edited by Medium Brown, 06 January 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users