Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Doctor eats world's hottest curry

ian rothwell the widower curry

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,790 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

If anyone has a tapeworm that will certainly burn it out.

#17    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,789 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

View Postancient astronaut, on 05 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

As much as it hurt goin in, it's gonna hurt even more comin out!!!! OUCH!!!
Na that stuff will close his rear end  for good,by welding it shut,I wonder if he will hallucinate  when he dumps the lava he ate,I like really hot foods but this is just a macho ball buster of a meal.I would rather take shrapnal in my kiester than have to eat it and burn just to burn once more after it has eaten the lining out of my bread box.

#18    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 04 January 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

A British doctor has become the first person to finish the world's hottest curry at a UK restaurant - despite suffering hallucinations brought on by the dish.

Consultant radiologist Ian Rothwell, 55, took over an hour to eat 'The Widower' curry - which tops six million units on the Scoville Scale and is hotter than a drink of anti-riot tear gas.

The curry, which is filled with 20 Naga Infinity Chillis - the second hottest on the planet - is so dangerous to make it has to be prepared by chefs wearing goggles and a face mask.

http://www.dailymail...-face-mask.html

Do you also find it odd that, after the doctor began hallucinating and left the table, his wife brought him back to finish THE WIDOW MAKER???   He shouldn't sign any new insurance forms...

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#19    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,138 posts

• old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 04 January 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

If say they paid you 250$ to finish it,THEN ..ok,hallucinate ,but to show up some rowdy boys ...Neh .Even so ,curry that hot,is dangerous .Shouldn't eat it at all . Macho nonsense

how is it dangerous?

TCB

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

View Postcenobite, on 12 January 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

how is it dangerous?
If its that high on the scoville scale,its considered pharmaceutical grade.Anything that hot is dangerous .
It's been known to burn holes in peoples stomachs . Long term use can cause cancers ,and personally,I've had weird episodes of laryngeal spasm .
Luckily it was mild. From a very hot escoviche .
Laryngeal spasm is the cause of dry drowning ,which can and does happen out of water.
I would never eat anything even remotely this hot .Not even for money ,as I would probably die if my larynx spasmed shut .

http://www.cnn.com/H...-than-just.html

http://news.asiantow...-s-stomach.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 13 January 2013 - 03:25 AM.

Miss me?

#21    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Drifter

• 1,970 posts

• How much do you don't see?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

They didn't mention your rectum being on flame a few hours after, that's when the REAL PAIN starts. What comes before it is just harmless fun, that's what makes grown men cry.

Just to put it to a context, a normal person couldn't eat 100k scoville anything more than a tip of a nail without suffering symptoms of hiccup, sweating, tears, extreme tonque pain, possible breathing symptoms... you're some crazy sons of a b...es to be eating ghost peppers, I take a teaspoon of ten times milder stuff to half a kilos of food and that's fiery enough for a regular meal.

#22    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

I love chilli.  My opinion on a good curry is that you have to feel it, and maybe be willing to pay for it later in more ways than one.  But in saying that, no way would I even attempt this dish.  I'm pretty sure I saw a documentary segment on this dish once, and despite my love of chilli this is too much :devil:

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users