Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the White House haunted by Lincoln's ghost

anasshad

white-house.jpg

The White house, probably the most important building of America, is also the most famous haunted house of the country.

On many occasions Presidents, first ladies, guests and staff, have experienced paranormal activities in the building. The attic seems to be the most favorite part for the ghosts. Several presidents have reportedly heard unexplained noises coming from the attic above the Oval Office.

While White House hosts spirits of several presidents like President Harrison and President Andrew Jackson, but the most famous of all is that of Abraham Lincoln.

Abe Lincoln is frequently sighted by the dwellers. One incident took place with Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands who was awakened by a knock on the bedroom door. Answering it, she faced the ghost of Lincoln staring at her from the hallway. Reports say that even President Obama has himself confronted Lincoln's ghost.

• Like 1

Given the state of the world today, I'd expect the spirits of the earlier Presidents to be too busy spinning in their graves to have time for haunting!

• Like 3

I though this was an entertaining ghost story, but I don't know how true it its:

http://paranormal.about.com/od/trueghoststories/a/Presidents-Paranormal-Lincoln.htm

"During one of Winston Churchill's visits to the United States during WW2, he spent the night in the White House. Churchill loved to retire late, take a long, hot bath while drinking a Scotch, and smoke a cigar and relax. On this occasion, he climbed out of the bath and naked, but for his cigar, walked into the adjoining bedroom. He was startled to see Abraham Lincoln standing by the fireplace in the room, leaning on the mantle. Churchill, always quick on the uptake, blinked and said "Good evening, Mr. President. You seem to have me at a disadvantage." Lincoln smiled softly and disappeared."

• Like 3

Given the state of the world today, I'd expect the spirits of the earlier Presidents to be too busy spinning in their graves to have time for haunting!

They say that Lincoln's ghost even advises President Obama over state issues.

Complete amateur! George Bush had God himself if I remember correctly!

'Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."'

(Sharm el-Sheik 2003)

• Like 1

I though this was an entertaining ghost story, but I don't know how true it its:

http://paranormal.ab...mal-Lincoln.htm

"During one of Winston Churchill's visits to the United States during WW2, he spent the night in the White House. Churchill loved to retire late, take a long, hot bath while drinking a Scotch, and smoke a cigar and relax. On this occasion, he climbed out of the bath and naked, but for his cigar, walked into the adjoining bedroom. He was startled to see Abraham Lincoln standing by the fireplace in the room, leaning on the mantle. Churchill, always quick on the uptake, blinked and said "Good evening, Mr. President. You seem to have me at a disadvantage." Lincoln smiled softly and disappeared."

Delete Lincoln and insert FDR, and have Churchill walking down corridor naked and meeting FDR, then you have the true story.

Any other weird happenings in White House are likely to be caused by meetings of Illuminati, surely.......

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

Who says that?

Do you have any sources for these stories?

Hey, Lincoln advising Obama would explain alot..

I used to want to visit the White House and see if I "felt" anything there, but now my paranoia would just have me focused on the security.

If any of the Bush family end up haunting the white house, I fear for the sanity of any future presidents...

• Like 2

I guess the ghost story was too good to be true! Thanks for the corrections.

George Bush had God himself if I remember correctly!

hahaha_no.gif