Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Javan Rhino Officially Extinct In Vietnam

javan rhino vietnam

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,595 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostIamLegend, on 07 January 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Remember the rhino is only extinct in Vietnam. There are still some left in Indonesia.

Give it time.... :no:

Posted Image

#17    MJNYC

MJNYC

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 244 posts

• The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mohandas K. Gandhi

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

We are all connected.

I truly believe that every time we contribute to the extinction of a species, whether it be plant or animal, we are just killing ourselves.

But, those ignorant enough to kill a rhino for it's body parts would  never understand that. :(

Edited by MJNYC, 07 January 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#18    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,221 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostTheSpoonyOne, on 07 January 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

Frankly, I'm sick to death of having adverts appear on television telling me, a European, to donate money to save animals in parts of the world I'll never go to, and I have donated by the way, only for the people/governments actually living there letting them become extinct anyway.

I'm tired of giving money only for these animals to become extinct anyway. Honestly, I'm at the point where I'm just going to say that if the governments and native people of these countries don't give enough of a damn to save these animals, then why should I bother anymore?

They probably spend more money to advertise then actual money used to help the species.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#19    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

the more we hurt the earth the more we kill our selves   may not be  any short term effects but long term deffently  but them i realy cant say a lot cause i do hunt for food not trophies there is a difference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users